A Tip For Posting Articles

Read More: Personal Development  |  Positive Thinking

I've been looking for a way to be able to save a draft, here in BN. I have discovered that it is not possible. I find it annoying when I write something and lose it. Sometimes I write an article and then for whatever reason, I need to leave it and not publish it right away, I can not save it for later here at BN.

So, I went in search for someone to show me how to save a draft. I contacted Eric Walker. He discovered that indeed there is no way to save a draft here at BN, so he made a suggestion which I was already doing, but thought I'd pass along.

Write your post/article in word pad, transfer it to note pad, (this gets rid of all the gobbely goop) copy, then paste it to Better Networker.

This ensures that you are ready to post it and it won't get lost if for some reason, you get bumped off line.

If anyone discovers that I am wrong about saving drafts, please let me know. Also, it would be great if this was changed. Does anyone know where I can send a suggestion?

Michelle Moseley

Login or register to post comments  |  Views Views: 696  |  Comments Comments: 7

About the Author: Michelle Moseley

Member Since: 08/19/2008

I'm a Distributor For:: Avon Products, Inc

Other Company: Affordable Hairstyling

Industry: Personal Care

Primary Web Site: http://www.michellemoseley.com

Comments

Thanks Michelle and Erik!

I've struggled with this too, and you've enlightened me on how to get rid of the gobbledy gook! You can get any question answered here on BNW.  All you have to do is put it out there!

Paul Murphy — Fri, 12/12/2008 - 7:47pm

Use this on any posting you do.

Good Tip! I perform the same function where ever I post a comment or sometimes even a post on my blog.

I just have my Notepad open as I read stuff. This way I can easily write and refer back to the post if I need to. You can not always do that when leaving comments. Then a cut and paste complete the process.

Thanks

Robert

Robert Nelk — Fri, 12/12/2008 - 8:07pm

No More "Gobbledy Gunk"

Hi Michelle,

You've presented a good strategy for posting articles. I keep a folder full of draft articles that are in Microsoft Word. I often revise these articles, tinker with them, cut and paste, whatever needs to be done so I feel like I'm creating my best article and reaching my targeted audience. And when it's ready to be published, I first choose which location I think I should publish it, and then I cut and paste it into a Notepad. From that point, I cut and paste it out of Notepad into the chosen location. Here at BetterNetworker, you can't cut and paste from Microsoft Word, or else you'll get a bunch of "gobbledy gunk." It's these simple, straight forward helpful tips that make BetterNetworker a better social network. Thanks for playing your part in this.

Eric Walker — Fri, 12/12/2008 - 8:22pm

Great Tip!

Michelle,

I had the same problem, Michelle. From now on, I will have my notepad open and ready....

Thanks Michelle,

Donna Wells

Donna Wells — Sat, 12/13/2008 - 10:47am

Re: Article writing

Hi Michelle,

I too have struggled with this. I think either Raymond Fong or Ferny Ceballos might be the 2 best people to contact re: this issue since they were involved in the development of this site. You can find them in my list of contacts if they aren't already in your list!

Dianne

I'll send them a message also!

Dianne Thomsen — Sat, 12/13/2008 - 1:41pm

Set the Notepad Habit

I personally don't like notepad; I like Word much better. However after having lost messages numerous times and being faced with rewriting them I'm overcoming my resistance. My solution is to write it in Word 1st where I can highlight, use different colours and use the draw a line through button so I can see where I'm at first. When I'm satisfied I copy and paste into Notepad and then copy and paste out immediately into my post.

If you are lucky enough to be able to share information cross-line just know that Word has a memory. I was on a webinar for building lead capture pages and we were able to cut n paste some of the material. The advice was instead of copying it directly from their page to ours make sure we ran it through Notepad 1st to remove the formatting. At the time I didn't understand why but later learned that if you don't run it through notepad you won't get paid your affiliate commission; they would! You can change an affiliate link to your link and save and it will look correct....until you send it out in an email.

To your $uccess,

Irene aka Renegade Coach

Irene Kirkman — Sat, 12/13/2008 - 7:18pm

Thanks to All

Thank you all for adding your own comments to this thread. More tips are always great, especially when a person is new. When we all work together, we can all succeed.

Michelle Moseley