Are You Posting Crap on the BetterNetworker Community?

Read More: Social Networking

Recently, I’ve had incredible blessings literally fall on my lap as a result of being an active participant on the BetterNetworker Forum.  It is the dream of many of you who will read this article to have an opportunity to speak to any one of the incredible trainers in this community over the phone and discuss how you can help each other grow your respective businesses and form powerful partnerships which will free you from your daily struggles as a lone MLM distributor and move up to play with the “big boys”.

Since becoming a rabid student of attraction marketing via Magnetic Sponsoring, MLM Traffic Formula, Black Belt Recruiting, MLM System Formula and dozens of other Internet Marketing courses, it’s been my hope that someday I could run into Mike Dillard, Tim Erway or Tom Bell at a seminar, buy them dinner and thank them for everything they’ve done for me and the people I mentor.

And out of that dinner, I would have asked if there was anything I could do for them to add value to them…

Now I know what you are thinking. “Huh? These guys are the masters.  What could YOU do for them? They’ve got the money, the reputation, the connections… they’ve got plenty.”

Most people in this industry would go into that type of opportunity and be looking for a way to get Mike, Tim or Tom to give them a helping hand.  Figure out a way to convince them to give you an opportunity to show your stuff and that you are worthy of “playing with the big boys”.

And for this reason, Mike, Tim and Tom screen their calls, rarely give out their personal email addresses and protect their privacy against the thousands of “takers” in this industry.

You see, 95% of MLM’ers  who go out night after night into other people’s living rooms and dens to show the plan, attempt to convince strangers to join their business – in other words, they are looking for a way to have other people make them rich.

And the sad truth is that 95% of you in this community, even after reading Magnetic Sponsoring, will take an opportunity to have a word with anyone of the instructors on this site, as an opportunity for you to convince them to do something special for you – to make you rich, because your logic is that they have already made it, and since you’ve been their paying customer, they owe you something.

Well, I’m here to tell you they’ve already given you everything you need.  They’ve given you an opportunity to invest in their courses, tele-clinics and now an opportunity to participate in this community -- which in my opinion, is the greatest opportunity for networking you could ever dream of.

What you should now be looking to do is to search deep within yourself and see what is the greatest contribution you can make to Mike Dillard, Tim Erway and the BetterNetworker community to thank them for everything they’ve already done for you.  What special gift do you have? What special talent do you have which you can use to enhance this community and make everybody else better.

THAT SHOULD BE YOUR GOAL!

Growing your MLM business & growing your income should be a secondary focus every time you log onto this website.

Why? Because…

“You can have everything in life you want, if you only work to help everybody else get what they want” –Zig Ziglar

Here’s how…

Creating the Next-Generation MLM Warrior Forum

Some of you in internet marketing are already aware that there is a forum out there called the Warrior Forum.  It’s a community of internet marketers, which got started back in the late 90’s as a way to help internet entrepreneurs network & exchange ideas.  This forum has been responsible for many of the internet marketing industry’s powerful partnerships and massive successes of big names you see today – Mike Filsaime, Gary Ambrose, Russell Brunson, Stu McLaren, Ewen Chia among many others.

The key to their success in IM, was that when they participated in the forum they approached it as an opportunity to add value to others and form meaningful relationships.  The exchange of teachings, ideas, and the infamous ‘warrior special offer’ was the forums real value.

A ‘warrior special offer’ is an opportunity for someone to offer a new info product they haven’t released yet at a ridiculous discount to other warriors in exchange for feedback and people’s honest opinion.

If all goes well, a marketer can get feedback and powerful testimonials and the reviewers of the content got a powerful education on yet another aspect of internet marketing for pennies.

The vision I recently formed for the BetterNetworker Forum is to become the Next-Generation Warrior Forum for the MLM Industry.  A place that is unique and different from all the hype and sales pitches.  A place where true leaders come and exchange valuable tips and ideas, where the sole objective is to make this community and its members better.

I’m sure you noticed already some of the crap that people have been putting up as articles, videos and forum postings on this site.  If it’s not a sales pitch, it’s a weak attempt at putting something out there to hopefully create a backlink and some traffic to their opportunity website.

I spoke to one of the leaders in this community recently and he agreed the worst thing about sifting through the content on this great site, was running into the posers who clearly only wanted to “hype” people into their business.

But among all the smoke, mirrors and cheesy sales pitches, thinly guised as content, I saw an opportunity to do something powerful.

I dug into my bag of most prized marketing strategies, pulled out something really juicy, created a video explaining the concept and posted the video on a fresh new thread on the forum.  I was initially very concerned, because I knew how valuable the information was and according to Mike Dillard, I “should be charging for content like that”.

I wanted to make a statement, set myself apart and hopefully attract a few of the strong leaders on this community into a great exchange of ideas and provide them some great value as well.

What I did not expect was have Mike, and Tim start a flurry of discussion on SEO and internet marketing on that very same forum, as only true leaders can. What I did not expect was to have my name mentioned on Mike’s copywriting tele-clinic as someone he would like to help. What I did not expect is to be speaking to Mike Dillard and Tim Erway on the phone a few weeks later about ways for Raymond and I to be able to provide more teaching and value on a more official basis to the Magnetic Sponsoring community.

And I write this with tears coming from my eyes, because I’m so fired up about it!

At long last, I was speaking to 2 of the people responsible for changing the course of my business and life – it was one of the most humbling experiences of my life.  To think that I could actually do something  to help these two MLM giants and actually make a real impact and contribution to help THEM reach their goals.

My hope for this community is that it becomes a place, which is different from the rest of the industry --  a place where people come to provide value as their first objective, and grow their business as only a secondary one.

If you’ve posted a video on this community, where your only objective was to create traffic for your website -- remove it!

If you’ve posted an article, which you wrote for the sake of getting exposure, but provided no real value – delete it!

If you posted something about your opportunity, without any real plan to lead new recruits towards success and only looking to get a few commissions from them joining – retract it!

Let’s strip this site of anything what wouldn’t be worthy of the vision I described above, and the vision that Mike has set out to create.

If you do that, you will find the secret to Mike and Tim’s success…

“To give without want, before you can have”.

================Please Rate this Article===============

Ferny Ceballos is an engineer, SEO & Social Media expert and dead serious about putting MLM in the mainstream of American business. :) You can get more training or learn about partnering with Ferny in his primary business at:

www.SEONetworker.com - SEO & Social Media Training

www.FernyCeballos.com - Personal Blog

www.CoffeeHouseManifesto.com - Primary Opportunity

Login or register to post comments  |  Views Views: 40,490  |  Comments Comments: 168

About the Author: Ferny Ceballos

What's This?

Member Since: 10/08/2007

I'm a Distributor For:: Numis Network

Other Company: Attraction Marketing Formula, LLC.

Industry: Consulting

Primary Web Site: http://www.NoExcusesSummit.com

Comments

You are awesome. And no wonder Mike wants you. Brilliant posting and totally 'true' to the principle of MS.

susan coils — Sun, 01/13/2008 - 6:51am

I loved the article

Hey fernando,

Great headline man!

The article is perfect and gets a lot of what we were talking about off my chest lol.

jim yaghi

Jim Yaghi — Sun, 01/13/2008 - 7:25am

it goes along

With loving people first, then using money later..... If you can just show people the way on this site and just actually give them content, instead of opportunity..... Then this would be a life changing site... I recently just gott the traffic formula and boy ol boy i gott alot studying to do... when i'm done, I can't wait to share and just give advice to those who need it best and just help grow people as humans and as business partners and minds..... I like this article, beautiful and just keep on keeping on man.....

See you at the top
Ryndal

Ryndal Rogans — Sun, 01/13/2008 - 9:17am

A Clarion Call

I think we'll look back and mark this as the time that Magnetic Sponsoring began to truly realize its founders' vision as [i]the[/i] most important online community for our industry: A meeting place that launches careers, forms lasting friendships, and sustains many a struggling distributor on their journey to success and fulfillment.

And your article will, I predict, be regarded as one of the sparks that lit this community on fire!

Every member of Magnetic Sponsoring should read it.

All the Best,

Mark

Mark Worthen — Sun, 01/13/2008 - 10:27am

You are obviously a student of Mike's and a great writer as well.

Congratulations on the great video ~ where can I find that? I'd like to see it!

I look forward to hearing more of your wisdom.

Karilee

Karilee * — Sun, 01/13/2008 - 11:49pm

Thanks guys!

Hi everyone. Thank you for your kind comments.

You can find the video I was referring to at:

The original video you can find by doing a search
on Youtube for "silo structures"

Thanks, again. Love you guys!
-Ferny

Ferny Ceballos — Mon, 01/14/2008 - 1:26am

Remember From Whence We Came

Maintaining quality of content is ultimately a goal worth setting. But, let's not over zealously censor input in the name of maintaining quality. Censorship, if done incorrectly, could lead to idea stagnation.

If someone unknowingly posted a video on this community, where their only objective was to create traffic for their website, I agree, they should -- remove it -- [b]after[/b] we have coached them on creating quality video offering content that is truly worth posting.

If someone posted an article, written solely for the sake of getting exposure, I agree, they should -- delete it -- [b]after[/b] we share techniques on creating good copy with content rich material.

If someone posted information about their opportunity, without any real plan to lead new recruits toward success, I agree, they should -- retract it – [b]after[/b] we explain Zig’s “help everybody” philosophy.

So, how do we [b]coach[/b], how do we [b]share[/b], and how do we [b]explain[/b]?

We follow Ferny’s original suggestion, create a “place where true leaders come and exchange valuable tips and ideas, where the sole objective is to make this community and its members better.”

Mike has accomplished this by pulling an exceptionally credible source of instructors together under the Magnetic Sponsoring banner. They post regularly on “The Daily Edition” of the Magnetic Sponsoring Community.

Let us never forget…without followers, we aren’t leaders – we are only folks out taking a walk.

Thanks Ferny, your input is valuable. One day Mike will add you to his list of instructors.

Bill

Bill Bergfeld — Mon, 01/14/2008 - 11:06am

Hello Everyone,
I just ordered and have no idea about marketing. I was drawn into investing in Herbalife and I am not feeling confident about my investment. I am hoping this will help me build my team. Any advice until I receive my book? Thanks!

jamie (not verified) — Mon, 01/14/2008 - 11:35am

Well Done!

Hey, man! Way to go. You are making great stide-keep it up. You encourage me even though it is obvious that you are a well prepared individual and smart, even (as well as "batman"). Also, this is only the beginning to your cotributions. I feel blessed to know where you will be sharing the wealth. Thanks...

fernando prieto
ATL, Ga

Fernando (Tocayo) (not verified) — Mon, 01/14/2008 - 11:42am

Thanks Ferny

We really appreciate you and Raymond for the help with Magnetic Sponsoring and will be implementing many of your suggested changes in the coming weeks.

Your ability to grasp such a complex topic as SEO is almost as impressive as your ability to communicate it in a way that can be easily understood by even a novice.

You will go a long way in this industry my friend!

Tim Erway — Mon, 01/14/2008 - 9:16pm

Thank you.

My experience since I began in network marketing is that this industry has attracted some of the most generous people I have met in my life. I am so grateful for the opportunity to contribute to something as worthwhile as this forum. Thank you for articulating a clear vision of what it can be and for including our responsibility for it in that vision.

Melissa Gerdes — Mon, 01/14/2008 - 10:30pm

It's all about relationships I think

"You are never more like God than when you give." Joel Osteen
Thanks for a supper article.

Esther Pinkston — Mon, 01/14/2008 - 11:25pm

Thanks Fernando

Very passionate writing!

Thank you for your inspirational thoughts. Often as marketers we get so caught up in asking ourselves "what will sell?" as opposed to "how can I help?"

This is especially relevant as more and more "new" people are coming online.

Mark

Mark McCullagh — Tue, 01/15/2008 - 6:52pm

Bravo Ferny

You are a true leader and know the secret to success. I think this is one of the best articles that I have read in this community. You poured your heart out.

Stacie Walker — Wed, 01/16/2008 - 12:13am

Crap is king

Unfortunately, crap is king, and regardless of where you go, you're going to find it. It takes a LOT of balls to call people on it - well done, Ferny!

Now let's see what people actually DO about it.

-Lisa

Lisa Young — Wed, 01/16/2008 - 1:44pm

Thanks Ferny!

Hey Fernando,

Once again you've injected a little bit of reality into the MLM business community. As a person who has been on your list from nearly the beginning, I must say that you continue to impress me with your knowledge and expertise.

But more so, it's the gems of motivational talk like this that really make me want to get moving on all of my "good ideas for juicy content" projects.

Cheers to you and keep up the good work,
-Joe

Joseph O'Day (not verified) — Wed, 01/16/2008 - 10:59pm

I'm an idiot

Just to show you that I'm not as serious or competent as you may think, check out my new article:

[url]http://www.magneticsponsoring.com/community-articles/im-an-idiot-2.html[/url]

Good times
-Ferny

Ferny Ceballos — Thu, 01/17/2008 - 12:48am

Great Article

Great article. I agree that content is every thing, in good writing. And you are one of the best. Thank you for this insite, Stephanie

Stephanie H. (fissteph) (not verified) — Thu, 01/17/2008 - 10:38pm

AWESOME ARTICLE

You are right,content is king.Thankyou for stepping up to the plate as a leader. Much respect.

Graham Odenyo

Graham Odenyo — Sun, 01/20/2008 - 12:59am

getting stated

I have a UK MLm business in based in utilities. I purchased Magnetic sponsoring a couple of years ago but didnt how to apply it to the UK. It seems to me to be aimed at the U S. Canaybody help.Im deffinitely a greenhorn at this.
Roy

roy 1ngamells (not verified) — Sun, 01/20/2008 - 9:30am

Right on Ferny

Ferny:

Awsome job. I hope you don't mind if I share some thoughts I received from my angle, my wife. These are words that will help us all and will help our community. Take care.

Steve

Listen to your inner voice and follow them for it is wisdom that knows what is best for you.

Talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.

Think only of the best, to work only for the best and expect only the best-you deserve nothing less.

Care about the happiness and success of others and offer them all the help and encouragement they need.

Forget your past mistakes and focus on your successes encouraging yourself to greater achievements in the future.

Always do your best so you can be proud that you gave it your best shot.

When you help someone ask nothing in return, you will receive your reward ten times over.

Steve Nordberg — Sun, 01/20/2008 - 9:47am

Amen.

Mike is a great example of what our community should strive to exemplify. Let's strive to be more like him. Thanks for your integrity and vision.

Christy Garcia — Sun, 01/20/2008 - 6:42pm

Great Job Fernando

This article really calls out people! Great title to grab attention, but an even better delivery of content! You are right, there are a lot of hype-sters out there.

I appreciate your vision of what this forum can be. I think that you are right, and that we can make it incredibly valuable.
[b]
Content is NOT king.[/b] Valuable content is king!

Best Wishes,
Ryan Whitaker
www.WhoIsRyan.com

Ryan Whitaker — Mon, 01/28/2008 - 11:57pm

Spam Reply

Thanks guys, one again for the comments.

This article has quickly become my reply to people who spam me with their business opportunities on MS.com as well as other sites.

But even after this, some people still have a hard-time thinking of themselves as spammers and will get mad at me for calling them on their crap.

As great as Web 2.0 is, it's one of the worst things about using Social Media marketing.

Ferny Ceballos — Tue, 01/29/2008 - 4:58am

Now i understand better.

This is good article. It help me understand better about Magnetic Sponsoring and all system.I'm new here and I see a good sign to been here.

tatiana iric — Tue, 02/05/2008 - 5:56pm

What a dream....

... it would be if MS could evolve into the Next-Gen WF. It is so hard to sift the wheat from chaft here. Veiled spam, article plagiarizing, etc. Well, I'll say this.."You get exactly what you put out". If people continue to post crap, they'll just get crappy leads.

Cy Price — Mon, 02/25/2008 - 12:45pm

Love your post

Great content. It's amazing how many ideas people can receive just from reading magnetic sponsoring. I would like to thank you for your post because you actually provided a lesson on what to include and what not include in my posts. I love this community because I learn so much more about marketing.

Nina Smith — Wed, 04/23/2008 - 9:14am

Thank you for being you. A true Warrior for the real truth. I appreciate everything you had to say this past weekend! I look forward in learning more from you Master.

Thomas Chandler — Mon, 06/02/2008 - 2:58pm

NI

Aaron Ortega ww... — Fri, 07/25/2008 - 10:58pm

Awesome post, great information

Thanks for sharing this great article Fernando!

To your success,
Aaron Ortega

Aaron Ortega ww... — Fri, 07/25/2008 - 10:59pm

9 BetterNetworker Instructors Jump Ship!

Discover what caused 9 Better Networker Instructors including Ann Sieg, Mike Dillard, Ferny Ceballos & Raymond Fong to drop what they were doing to join a new opportunity committed to creating 100 millionaires by 2012.