Commission Blueprint Review
Today I had the opportunity to review a new product in pre-launch called Commission Blueprint that was created by Steve Clayton and Tim Godfrey. It is a training program about how to maximize affiliate profits using Clickbank and Google Adwords. The authors of the course state that their course “is a no-holds barred step by step course showing every last secret we know”.
The product consists of a one time $77 charge for 14 videos and at least three ebooks that provide more details and examples of some of the more technical material discussed in the videos.
The second part of the product is a $67 a month membership site that the authors promise will continue to provide more training on the topic as well as many other resources that will be made available to members such as templates and sample pages for marketing campaigns. A $4.95 trial membership is being offered as an upsell to anyone who purchases the video package.
Steve Clayton is an expert on marketing and technology and was a VP for a Fortune 500 company in Burlington, NC and currently manages over a million dollars in Adwords campaigns each year.
Tim Godfrey is an internet marketer that has been successful in the health and golf niches and ran a very profitable online gambling website.
Commission Blueprint: The Product
The 14 videos are narrated by Steve Clayton. In all there are over three hours of video that explains how Steve has become a super affiliate with Clickbank. The products claims to be step by step training in how to find the best Clickbank products and what you need to do to milk the products for all they are worth.
Steve got off to a slow start but once he did get going, he provided a lot of useful information on the following topics:
- How to pick four to six products and test them for profitably
- How to avoid making the costly mistakes of paying too much for Adwords and lose money rather than make a profit
- Explained how to read and understand all of the statistics that Clickbank provides
- Defined the terms Clickbank gravity, cost per click, conversion rate, commission payout and click inventory then explained why they are important
- Showed how to use a spreadsheet that is part of the product to decide if a product is worth marketing and explained what number combinations make a product worth pursuing
- Demonstrated tools that he uses for keyword research
- Provided a formula to determine which keywords are profitable and how much you should pay for them
- Performed a step by step demonstration on how to do keyword research and use Google Adwords statistics to analyze them to determine which one are most likely to be profitable for you to use
- Showed how to estimate the amount of traffic for a given keyword using google’s free tools
Domain Names and Hosting
- Steve explained why you need a domain name and what factors you should consider when selecting one such as length and demonstrated a few tools to help you choose good keywords
- Explained the best type of web hosting to buy to make running your business easier
- Explained how to use domain names in your Adwords ads
- Demonstrated how to set up the correct DNS server for your domain name
Creating Landing Pages for Adwords Campaigns
- Explained how to set up landing pages and what you need to do to get a good quality score from google and how to create a page that will sell your product
- Explained how to make sure there is sufficient continuity between the Adwords ad, the search term, the story you are telling and the offer make by the Clickbank product and why it is important
Managing Adwords Campaigns
- Explained how to use the Adwords information in combination with the data from Clickbank to manage your keyword ad campaigns for profitability
- Demonstrated how to determine which keywords are not converting well enough to prevent losing money
- Explained why you need to use Adwords Editor
- Showed how to optimize your ad position and click through rate
Scaling Your Affiliate Business
- Explained how to scale your business (go from $20 a day to $200 a day in commissions)
- Discussed the methods that have proven successful for increasing your earnings as your campaign matures
- Demonstrated how to optimize your bids to increase profitability
- Discussed when it’s time to move your ad campaign over to both Yahoo and MSN
- Discussed when it makes sense to do offline advertising
- Discussed when to use email campaigns or JV with other marketers
- Discussed when to start using SEO for you campaigns
- Discussed when to use opt in pages
- Explained how to create Thank You pages
- Explained how Clickbank pays out its commissions so you know how to budget your money to pay for your Adwords campaign and made several recommendations on how to manage your budget
- Explained why you need to get a tax advisor and/or an accountant to prevent problems with the IRS if you live in the USA
What I Liked
Overall the information was well organized and presented in a logical order. Videos 3 through 14 contained a great deal of useful information in a reasonable amount of detail.
What I Didn’t Like
Steve got off to a very slow start and spent a lot of time talking about stuff that was really of no interest to me and didn’t relate to his product. In short he talks too much. For example, it took him almost 10 minutes to say that this is not really a beginner’s product and some basic knowledge is necessary.
He spent the first two videos on fluff such as the viewer shouldn’t be scared, etc…etc. If the product was not designed for beginners, why waste time with all the reassurance stuff. He reminded me someone who is just rattling off because they are nervous and not sure what to say.
Most people are very busy and don’t need to spend an extra unnecessary hour or so watching these videos. Unlike printed material, you can’t just skim over the unnecessary parts.
In addition, video 1 and video 5 terminated before he was actually finished talking. He was cut off in mid sentence. But keep in mind the material I have reviewed is still work in progress.
If they cut out the unnecessary time wasting material and fix the technical glitches in the two videos, Commission Blueprint is an excellent product that will benefit anyone trying to get an affiliate sales business up and running.
To go straight to the salespage, CLICK HERE