Why Do Some Online Marketers Sell So Well?
Why do some online marketers sell so well?
This is the million dollar question right here, isn’t it my friend. I mean, if everyone that joins the Online Marketing, Make money from home, fire your boss, have financial and time freedom, being an online marketing entrepreneur circus.. sorry arena, could make money and live the lifestyle they chose to life would be so perfect.
Unfortunately only 3% of the people that come into this industry make the money they hoped and dreamed for, and the remaining 97% end up going broke spending money hand over fist with the hope their dream will come into fruition.
To make money you need to sell, so why do some online marketers sell so well, and the remaining 97% suck at sales?
This is exactly what this write up will explain. Once you understand the principles of sales and the dynamics surrounding this fine art you will be able to utilise the knowledge to move yourself from the 97%ers to the 3%ers.
So to start with understanding how to sell more you need to strip it down to the question that should come before that of,
‘Why do people Buy in the first place?’
The answer is that they (just like you) buy for their own reasons, not anyone else’s reasons, just THEIRS. People do like being sold to, to an extent, they like the interaction and the process but they don’t like being hussled. When people think they have arrived at the conclusion of whether to buy or not that is when the sale is made, because they feel they were in charge of the decision and they weren’t forced to make the purchase and depart with their hard earned money without their say so.
Your job as the seller is to give the information they need to make that decision. So you have to sell with courtesy, sell with tack, sell with common sense, don’t be pushy, be sensitive and back off if needed. You should use your head, heart, eyes and ears to serve your prospects and customers. You should put aside any personal gains and desired outcomes and just focus on what is right for the buyer.
Remember what I said earlier, that people buy for their reasons, not yours.
People spend money when they have a reason to and not before. And that reason has absolutely nothing what so ever to do with you my friend. They don’t care if you need to make a commission. As a matter of fact if people think you will make a commission of them it puts some folks off.
Here are the 5 main reasons people Don’t buy
1 – No Need. If people did need something they would buy it without you.
2 - No Hurry. There is no need and thus no sense of urgency.
3 – No Money. Quite an obvious reason, but it is more of a smoke screen.
4 – No Want. If people want something bad enough they will move heaven and earth to get it.
5 – No Trust. You can have the best product on the earth but if you have no trust you have no sale.
Just going back to one reason you probably hear the most – No Money, I have to elaborate on this one. People rarely stop buying because of the lack of money. In fact Credit, Bankruptcy, bad credit ratings, no job, have bills to pay won’t stop people from buying. People usually lie about not having money because they just don’t want you to know about it.
If people want something bad enough they get into a hurry to buy it and sell the need for it to themselves.
All you have to do is understand the 5 reasons above as to why people don’t buy and then create the Need, the sense of Urgency, the Want and the Trust. Once you have done this people will get the money.
Now just for the record I am not living in a world of Unicorns and rainbows or a local resident of the Willy Wonka factory. You may be saying to yourself well if it was that frikin easy Shiraz why am I still struggling to make sales as an online marketer? Why do some online marketers sell so well, and I don’t?
Great question and I am glad you asked!!
The secret ingredient is...
. the art of listening.
Yes my friend if you want to be good at sales you have to listen to your customer and what they want, then and only then ,will you be able to create that Need, that sense of urgency, that want and that trust.
The art of listening is the secret to many things in life, and I wish I had known this little fact a long time ago, then I wouldn’t have had as much ear ache from my wife for not doing things ‘right’ over the last 20 years.
Most people are horrible listeners because they think listening is that short break when you are waiting for the other person to shut up so they can talk again. Most people don’t listen unless it is something they want to hear. We all think what we have to say is more important, so much so that we don’t have to listen to what others really say.
Listening is paying full undivided attention. It’s not that we can’t listen or don’t know how to, it’s that we don’t choose to listen or care enough to choose to listen.
It has become a lost art. If you are aware of this you can gain the advantage on the 97%ers.
If you are friendly, observant, listen and ask open ended questions you will find that you will only take up 20% of the conversation and the customer will take up the remaining 80%. Apart from giving the customer the great sense of doing all the talking, because we all know we love the sound of our own voice ....right? You are being more interested in them than interesting to them, if you get what I mean. What you need to be doing whilst they are talking is making mental notes of what, how and why they are here. This is vital information that you need to use in building the Need, the urgency, the want and the trust. If what you have doesn’t do what the customer is looking for be honest and tell them. Advise them where they can find what they are looking for. Trust for you will go through the roof, trust me!! ( No pun intended)
The final thought, that should hopefully hit the point of the importance of listening ‘out of the park’ is this. Remember what I said about people not liking the feeling of being sold to and they want to arrive at the decision themselves? Well if you have asked great open ended questions and got the customer to do all the talking, then listened and used the information they gave you, how can they feel anything apart from the fact that THEY arrived at the decision to buy? If they have done all the talking how can you have sold them?
So the conclusion as to why do some online marketers sell so well, is down to listening, Nothing more and nothing less. Just try it!! The next time you are with your friend or spouse just shut up and listen, ask the questions that get them doing all the talking and then you will realise all the power of listening.
Member Since: 01/17/2012
I'm a Distributor For:: CarbonCopyPRO
Industry: Business Opportunities
Primary Web Site: http://www.learntoearnwithshiraz.com/?t=betternetworker