Does Your Blog Suck?...How To Know If It Does!
Blogging baby...One of the best pieces to our self-marketing arsenal we have...
Did you catch that?...
SELF-MARKETING?...What is that?
It's exactly what it sounds like!
..Your Blog is a self-marketing platform for the world to see..
What you write in your blog, how it looks and the content you put into it, has alot to say about your personality...
If your blog is dull, boring, ugly, and sounds like a 3rd grader put it together...then chances are, your viewers will begin to think of you as fitting these characteristic traits of your blog...
So what are you saying Anthony?...
..I'm saying, you will build a bad reputation for your name FAST, if you don't know what your doing..and you don't want this to happen!
..Let's think about this for a second.. Your Blog is YOU on the interenet. Your face, your image, your personality, and your success, or lack of success...
..You follow me here?
Blogs create a brand, like you.com...With all these you.com's on the internet, how will you compete? What will make your blog stand out? Is it your content? Pictures? Layout? Title? Design?...
..My suggestion, just be YOU...
..DO NOT TRY TO BE SOMEONE YOUR NOT..
..Because people will sense this and automatically think your full of "you-know-what"..
..and you don't want this to happen..
Your blog is this:
1) You on the internet
2) Your skills
3) Your influence
4) Your knowledge
5) Your Personality
6) Your Strengths
7) Your Weakenss
8) Your Crediblity (Most important)
If you wouldn't stop to read your blogs, your articles or your offers while surfing the internet, chances are, other people won't either!
How to avoid this Anthony?
Follow this method:
1) Be YOU
2) Be unique. Write about things that others don't write about and find what sparks reactions from people to help build a loyal following. People want something NEW. So give it to them.
3) Create value. What do people take from your blog? Do they learn? Are they entertained? Do they laugh? Do they get inspired? Does it make them think? Do they get emotional when reading your blogs? Ask yourself these questions when creating content, and follow them for posting guidelines.
4) Consistency. Blog everyday "no matter what"...If your using your blog to help build your business and find new customers, you want to be active everyday.
5) Engage with your audience. Ask for feedback, comments and opinions to keep your blogs active.
6) Keep it fun. Bring up topics that create emotional feelings for people that create pleasure of some kind. If it's fear, blog about your fears, and how your going to, or have overcome this fear.
7) Be as "professional" as you think you should be without changing who you are inside. People respect that more, rather than actling like someone your not.
8) DON'T TRY TO PLEASE EVERYBODY! You will get critisized, you will get negative feedback from others, but that's a part of life....so get use to it. The people who respect "freedom of speech" and opinions will be the one's that benefit from your blogs. Just don't be rude, negative, or bash people or businesses. This will only make you look weak and cause you to lose all credibility and maybe even your blogging account.
*** Offer your "genius" to the world, by showing people what you can do through your ideas, thoughts and experiences you publish on your blogs....
We ALL have something of "value" we as people can offer to the benefit of others, rather you think this or not, it's true!
Find out what your good at, what people come to you for advice or help on, and blog about it...
...You never know...
...You just might be that "one" person to help someone change their life for the better with a simple blog post...
Hope this helped in some way for anyone who is reading this!
For more of my thoughts and articles, please check out my other blog here ------> http://www.empowernetwork.com/anthonybarrett/
Please comment, email, vote, share or whatever you like on this blog...Always appreciate the feedback!
Until next time,