8 Ideas to Keep Your Blog and Article Writing Bucket Full
Staying creative can be challenging when writing daily, weekly, or even monthly blogs and/or articles. Nonetheless, you know the reward for your effort later on will be worth effort as you build your brand. Here are some ideas to stimulate your mind so your idea bucket doesn’t dry up.
- Think about what your readers want and need. To do this, think about what you wanted and needed when you started, or perhaps what you are struggling with right now. If you aren’t an expert in a particular subject, research it and become the expert. Brainstorm from the most conventional ideas to the crazy ones. Perhaps you will find the middle ground and be on your way to a great blog post or article.
- People in the decision-making process want to see both sides of an argument. Write an article about the Pros vs. Cons or Advantage vs. Disadvantage of any issue you think will appeal to your audience. For example, Affiliate Marketing vs. Direct Sales or The Advantages and Disadvantages of Video Marketing.
- Many people find tutorials extremely useful information. It can be useful for a beginner or a reminder for the advanced. If you have mastered a particular task, create an audio, or better yet, a video teaching your readers/viewer how to accomplish the same. The most important thing to remember is that no task is too simple to teach. In other words, what may seem too elementary to you, may be complex to someone else; even something like setting up a Facebook account.
- Find someone who is an expert, a controversial, or anything that makes him or her stand out from the rest, try to have an interview with them and make that into a blog or article. Readers will appreciate learning from an expert and your association with them will enhance your brand.
- Write about current events in your niche, give your opinion or analysis and ask readers to give their views. When giving opinions, use caution not to isolate your readers and their views too much, but be honest. This is one of the greatest ways to entice massive posts to your blogs or responses to your articles.
- It’s a great idea to revamp your old post and give fresh information or another twist. Think about most informational books written, every few years (or decades) they have revisions updating the content. With blogs and articles, you can do the same. This is great technique to use during holidays, vacations, or during other times when your times is constrained.
- Do a product review and give your recommendation. Helping others find quality or useful products is always good. They will be thankful for sharing the information with them. This is also another way to create revenue for your business. Use a platform like Squidoo where you can feature products from Amazon or other providers and receive a commission on the sales originating from there. Be sure to be honest and objective in your review; people will appreciate it more.
- Designate each day of the week as a theme day where you will always post about a particular topic on that day. This will keep variety in your blogs and articles. For most people, writing to a theme is easier.
We hope you have a blast writing and building your business brand. Like I used to tell my daughter at her soccer games, “Keep Running!”, well in this case, I’ll say “Keep Writing!”.