5 Top Pinterest Tips for Marketers
Pinterest is one of the fastest growing image-based social networking site that not only offers a unique approach to the way that people communicate, but it offers incredible potential to maximize your business exposure and brand. awareness. It is a huge online social media pinboard that has all sorts of recipes, art, pets, beauty, DIY, and anything else you can imagine – it has been growing quickly (has over 2 million visits per day) and is especially popular with women. Another interesting point about Pinterest is many people that are actively involved on the site are not involved into the ocher social media sites such as Facebook. It is the uniqueness of Pinterest that is what makes it so appealing to many that would never participate on any of the other social media websites.
Learning a few Pinterest tips can help you with your social media marketing and grow your business. Now, you must proceed with caution as the purpose of Pinterest is for personal use, not business or marketing use. But with some creativity, you can still use Pinterest for advertising certain types of business.
Popular Pinterest Tips for Marketing
- Everybody that opens an account gets their own boards and on these boards you can pin all sorts of images. You need to use original images rather than stock - yes it is more time consuming but originals get more hits. Of course, these images need to be in relation to your business or product you are selling.
- As with Facebook where you share other people’s photos that they post on your news feed, so you will want to use other people photos on your board. Just make sure what you are pinning is related to your product or service. Make sure carefully categorize your pins into specific topics to make it easy for visitors.
- Create an interactive environment for those who are your fans. For instance, creating a contest or competition is one way that larger companies get business. You can ask them to pin an original picture to your board and the best photo will win whatever prize you decide on.
- You can select your most active fans to pins pictures on your boards, which can help you get your service or product out even faster than you can do on your own.
- Repinning is a great way to get more attention. Every time someone repins you original pin – it gets you more exposure. Most people Pinterest love the fact that they can repin and become active.
Here’s a bonus tip- you can also create video still shots, upload to Pinterest, and link to an associated YouTube video. This method is great for driving traffic to your YouTube site and to your ‘how to’ videos relevant to the audience on the site.
Given the sites visual capabilities and ease of use, It’s no surprise that hundreds of businesses, entrepreneur’s and marketer’s have begun to develop creative marketing campaigns based around the ever-growing Pinterest community. These Pinterest tips described above will help you market your business and have fun doing it since it is a very unique community. Do you have any suggestions on how to market on Pinterest? If so, leave your comment below.