Find out how to make Facebook work for YOU - Step by step.
Billy No Mates? 10 Tips to Get More Likes on Facebook
So you’ve got your facebook fan page up and running (well done!) but it’s looking a bit sad and lonely and you need to get more likes for facebook to see how popular you are. I mean no-one wants to be a “Billy-No-Mates” do they?
Here’s my top ten tips that I am using right now to get more likes for facebook pages, starting with the simplest.
1) Go to your email account and send a message to your friends asking them to help you get more likes on facebook and to just click the “like” button (and don’t forget to give them the link to your page!)
2) If you have also created a Facebook Group then post a status update to ask them to help you out to get more likes too – remember if you are giving out value to people, then they will want to help you back, so long as you don’t ask them too often! 80% give and 20% take!!
3) Add your new Facebook url (AFTER you have got 25 users and changed your URL to something short and snappy) to the bottom of all of your outgoing emails. Tip: You can use a free service called Wisestamp to set up a business profile to add all your social icons, your blog/website and your contact details to create a very professional finish to your emails.
4) Send a message to any of your other social profiles that you are active on i.e Twitter or Yahoo, Bing etc – if you have something free to give away on your fan page, then you can offer it in your status update to encourage people to go to Facebook.
5) Another way to get more likes on Facebook is to add a Facebook “like” box to your blog or website – you can get it here:
http://developers.Facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like-box – just generate the html code and add it to an html text widget in your blog sidebar.
6) Use Facebook Notes to write a brief article telling people what your Page is about and how you are helping people. Explain what people will get if they visit your page and invite them to come over and take a look (don’t forget to put the link on your Note.)
7) Interact with people and when you have got to know them, send them a personal message to ask them to help you get more likes on facebook. Share your pictures and videos in your status updates, especially if you or one of your team members has just achieved something in your business. This will show leadership, but make sure you are also sharing some personal information on your main profile page too, so that people will see you are not just all “business”.
8) Try and post status updates daily on your page making sure you are using your page name and not your profile name – either something motivational or something to make you smile, or ask questions and invite a response by ending with “what do you think?”
9) Smoking Hot Tip! – Find other pages in your niche and then “like” them so that their feed comes through on your page. Then, you can post useful comments on their updates using your page name (which then appears on THEIR page) but NEVER try to just post for the sake of it just to leave a link – your posts are likely to be removed and you will probably lose fans doing this. To do this, go to your page and click the “use Facebook as (your page name)” in the right hand column. Then click the home button to get your newsfeed to your page. Now what you are getting is information from pages that you have “liked”. Look around for a post with lots of comments and then post a useful comment that may invite people to click on your link – WHAM, if they haven’t already liked your page, they will land straight on your opt-in/free giveaway page, so make sure it’s good!! This works well if the pages you are “liking” are in your target niche. If you want a quick way to add pages – go to someone who you know is a great leader in your niche. Click on their fan page and check out their “likes” – you can then go and “like” the same pages.
10) Run a very simple and low cost Facebook PPC (pay per click) campaign facility to promote your fanpage if you want to see some fast results. The idea is to go for the like and not the click, so just make a statement that most people will agree with, and just say click like if you agree. Just make sure you have the right landing page set incase people do click through to your page. You don’t want them landing on your wall if you have a sales page.
So I hope that’s helped give you some ideas on how to get more likes for facebook fan pages – I have focused for a couple of weeks on building the likes on my fan page and received over 160 likes this week. If you are reading this, and found it useful, perhaps you would do me the courtesy of clicking the like button and I will reciprocate if you leave me a note on my page.
Get More Likes to Facebook!
Tel: (+44) (0)7587 176155
"Dedicated to Creating Internet and Network Marketing Professionals"
Member Since: 04/08/2009
I'm a Distributor For:: MyLeadSystemPRO
Other Company: DiamondMLMTraining.com
Industry: Marketing and Advertising
Primary Web Site: http://www.DiamondMLMTraining.com