Facebook Traffic: How to Generate Tremendous Traffic from Facebook
As a Home based Business Coach, I have witnesses some tremendous traffic from facebook and it has proved to be a reliable source of generating traffic for me. In this post I will be showing exactly how I have been able to make facebook traffic be head-to-head with my Google traffic that is simply amazing too.
In the week ending 29th May – 4th June, facebook once again beats Google to the pole position of the Alexa ranking, meaning that facebook recorded the most traffic that week than Google.
What does this mean the home based business owner? It means that if you are not involved in facebook marketing for generating traffic, you are inevitably leaving some awesome traffic on the table that will have generated some income for you in the long run.
Advantages of facebook traffic
- Ease of Generation: For me, I have never seen an easier way to generate traffic than facebook. Before I knew anything about getting all of my posts to the first page of Google, I had been generating tens, and sometimes hundreds of visitors from facebook alone. Before I knew how to put my content in front of a targeted audience like BetterNetworker, I had been having facebook lead my travel sources.
Is it the ease of putting your content link on your status update or creating exposure for your contents in groups? It is so so easy to generate traffic on facebook. Nothing complicated!
- Stickiness on Blog: I was studying my traffic generation methods once using Google analytics and I was amazed that I had a bounce rate of less than 2% from the traffic generated from facebook. Though generally I have seen over time that I had not had a bounce rate of more than 10%, I still saw the bounce rate from facebook to be remarkable. What that means in essence is that people who visit my blog from facebook actually take the time to read my contents. They stay for much longer than visitors who come from Google and the other search engines.
- Determines Google Placement: The more your content is shared on the social networks, the more your content placement tends to rise in the search engines. The rationale behind it is that if people can share your content on facebook so much then the content must be good enough for more people to benefit from it. It makes sense!
- Credibility Status: What is your reaction when you get to a blog post and you see something like 120 facebook share? You are awed and you are like this guy must really be popular and be an expert at what he does, right? Yeah, he/she must command attention.
- Viral Marketing: Facebook currently has over 700 million members. Facebook is about the only site I have experienced that can make you write a post now, and see it all over the network where tens of thousands of views can be generated simply by one person sharing it, and different people commenting on it. Facebook has been done such that when I share a link and my friend comments on it, his friends see his comment on my link and can check it out. And they in turn can comment using their facebook status on my blog (using a facebook plugin) and their friends too can see the link. The way facebook makes a content go viral is just brilliant.
Simple Tips to Help Out With Facebook Traffic
- Use a Share Button: There are countless plugins on wordpress that makes sharing contents on facebook so easy. We have the digg digg, smartsharing, facebook like, etc. All of them are easy to install and they make facebook sharing so easy for the traffic generated from facebook.
- Use Facebook Comment Plugin: Instead of having people comment on your blog using only the commentluv comment section, you can also use a facebook comment plugin along with it.
It works in such a way that anytime anyone comes to your blog, it gives them the option of using either the commentluv comment section, or the facebook comment plugin. When your visitors use the facebook comment, it automatically displays on their facebook profile such that all their friends have access to it.
‘Facebook Comments for WordPress’ plugin makes it ultra-easy for visitors to add their thoughts, without even having to enter their name and email.
- Use Facebook Groups Differently: One of the most effective ways of increasing the views of your blog contents is to share the contents on facebook groups. But like a lot of things online, when too many people are doing the same things it’s only the person that stands out that is recognized.
Don’t just post your contents like everyone does; put a little thought to crafting a description of your posts when you share them. I see people just put their links in groups, and usually those links are not so catchy. Do what people don’t want to do and your contents will stand out. I assure you will get more clicks.
Another favorite technique of mine is to reply to anyone who responds to my link in the facebook groups. What usually happens is that when facebook sees that your contents engage a lot of people, it pushes it up close to the top news where more people tend to see them. Other posts that do not engage others will end up pushed down where the exposure to people is drastically reduced.
That’s about it folks! Like you know I’m not a big fan of hoarding information, so I have released my techniques to getting tremendous traffic from facebook. As usual let me know what you think in the comment section.
Kindly share this post for me. Thank you!
To your Online Success,