15 Top tips for business building
1. You must make and keep a schedule. Every business must be OPEN in order to make a profit. It doesn’t matter whether you are in Network Marketing or own a restaurant, if you don’t turn on the lights and open the doors to let folks know you’re doing business, no one will show up and you will fail. Set your business hours and live by them every day. Make it a habit!
2. Sponsor up, but don’t neglect anybody. Rank yourself on a scale of 1-10, then go and talk to everyone who ranks higher than you. They will grow your business faster and create more success for you. If they say NO now, they’ll come in later when they see you succeed and can measure the additional opportunities your company provides!
3. Find people that want it for themselves. The day you stop looking for acceptance and start looking for business partners is the day your business will take off. This is a very key element for success. So many of us think of all the people we know who need this business. Stop and ask yourself why do they need it? Look for the people who want it for themselves!
4. Don’t try to motivate those who cannot be motivated. We can supply tools, the system, and the training, but we cannot supply motivation. The person happy to be sitting in the rain does not need an umbrella. The person without shoes does not need a shine. Find the people who are motivated to achieve more and provide more for themselves their families and their communities.
5. Keep it simple Try teaching someone the Gettysburg Address and then have him or her teach someone else who will then teach someone else. How long before it is unrecognizable? Not long! Teach them a simple system that they can replicate.
6. Make money not excuses. You can only do one or the other. Make your choice!
7. Establish why you are doing this business. Keep the focus on your why and don’t let the bumps in the road stop you. Establish in detail why each of your partners is doing the business. A bump in the road looms large if you get down on your knees and stare at it. Stand-up and focus on your destination and the bump will disappear. The tightrope walker never looks where his feet are; he always focuses on his destination.
8. You most develop leaders or your business will turn upside down. How do you find and develop leaders? Look for those who are working! Focus on developing them as leaders and you will achieve every goal more quickly because you will have more people succeeding!
9. Your success depends on the success of your organization. Focus on supporting others on your TEAM. Teach them to do the same and you will create an organization of successful people! Zig Ziglar said, “Help enough other people get what they want and you will get what you want.”
10. Put great people in immediately. Don’t wait for the right time. Excitement and early success builds this business better than anything. Bring them in immediately and create an atmosphere of success. They will serve as role models and everyone will want to be part of your organization.
11. Get under people, not on top of them. Support, educate and help. Build people up. Show them their best side and share it with others. Be strong and help them conquer their fears and weakness.
12. Be proud of what you are doing. When asked “What do you do?” Answer: I’m a Professional Networker; it works really well for me, I am part of a great Team! Sure there are people who fail at this, but they did not have our system! There are people who failed High School. Should every kid skip high school? The opportunities are endless in this business of helping people take charge of their lives. We are network marketers!
13. Don’t mother people. Lead by example. You can’t say the wrong thing to the right people, or the right thing to the wrong people. Train leaders and let them work. Wealth hides itself from those who must do everything themselves and exposes itself to those who have the patients to coach others. People learn by trying. People who aren’t trying don’t need help.
To be excellent you need to be great first.
To be great you have to be good first.
To be good you have to bad first.
To be bad, you have to stink.
To stink you need to try.
Work with the people who are trying and taking action. Demonstrate it in your daily activities as you build your business.
14. Build teams, not individuals. Find a system and use it consistently with your whole team. Work in teams. Get an accountability partner who you communicate with daily on your goals, then at the end of the day, let them know what you have accomplished. Hold them accountable, too.
15. Develop an Attitude of Action. Stop waiting for something to happen. Everyday you spend doing something that does not move you in the direction you want to go is a day wasted. Business and life are not spectator sports. Get in the game, you cannot win if you don’t. Take Action