The Challenges Of Female Entrepreneurs
One of our biggest challenges as female entrepreneurs was how to grow our business. I am sure this is one of the biggest challenges for most female entrepreneurs.
In our last post we shared how collaborating with other female entrepreneurs was our, “secret weapon,” to growing our business.
What we found was that the easiest way for us to start collaborating was to conduct solo interviews.
We found that most female entrepreneurs were happy to give us the interview and share their wealth of business advice and also share how they overcame their own challenges as female entrepreneurs.
In our last post we shared how to get the interviews and who to chose to interview.
So now that you have interviews lined up, one of the next big challenges of female entrepreneurs is to actually conduct the interview.
So how do you conduct a great interview?
Here are the things we do to help us get ready for the interview and will help you get started too.
1. Do your research- Before your interview make sure that you learn about the person. Go to their website and get to know them and what they have accomplished. If they have written a book learn about the book and highlight interesting aspects of the book that you can use to develop questions. If they have videos, they can also be a good source for developing questions.
2. Start with a great introduction- Use the information you have gathered in your research to put together a good introduction that highlights some of the great achievements they have accomplished.
3. Ask open-ended questions- Ask questions that will create a conversation not just “yes” or “no” answers. A great way to do this is to start your questions with “why” and “how”.
4. Know who your audience is- Know your audience and who will be seeing the interview. You are conducting the interview for them so you need to be aware of what they want to know from the person you are interviewing.
5. Write out questions- The best interview will have a natural conversation type of flow, but you you should have questions ready or some notes that you can follow to keep the interview going in the direction that you have planned. We usually will have 5-6 back-up questions available.
6. Have fun- Your interview should be fun. You have put in the work to get the expert, now have a fun conversation that your audience is excited to hear!
Interviews have been a fun strategy that we have used to grow our business. We have been able to develop some great relationships with top experts and it has been one of the best ways we have found to build our business.
Member Since: 03/08/2011
I'm a Distributor For:: Global Resorts Network
Other Company: Live A Life Without Limits
Primary Web Site: http://LiveALifeWithoutLimits.com