5 Steps to Branding You Online
Branding means to develop yourself as a recognizable name as an expert in a particular area. It means to set yourself apart from the rest so you stand out. Your online brand is critical for becoming an expert with a following of people who want to spend time with you and contact you to get involved with any opportunities you are associated with.
You certainly don't want to have to chase after prospects or try to convince anyone they should join your company, your opportunity, or your downline. You want qualified prospects to come to you ready to go and ready to take action.
Realistically, why would you want to spend your valuable time trying to coerce someone into doing something they don't want to do? Isn't it infinitely easier to let people who already want what you're selling come to you and ask you if they can buy in?
Branding yourself is a step-by-step process you will implement to position you as an expert, create name recognition, and bring pre-qualified prospects to you.
Here are the 5 core steps that you need to take to brand yourself online
In creating your online brand there are five essential steps that you should take. Your focus is to brand you as an expert in your particular niche.
• Step 1. You need to register your domain name which should be preferably your own name. If you have a common name and someone else has already taken your domain, you may need to get creative and come up with something original but that contains your name within. Another suggestion is that you get a.com domain extension since it's much easier for people to remember.
• Step 2. You need to have your own, self-hosted WordPress blog. For that first you need to get a hosting account with a reliable web hosting company and you can install that very easily through an application called Fantastico which is included with your hosting account.
• Step 3. Once you have your blog set up you need to get a professional autoresponder service. That's one of the most important elements of this process and you cannot go without it. Your autoresponder service will provide you with a HTML code for your 'subscription form' that you can copy and paste on your blog to collect subscribers and start building your email list.
• Step 4. Now that you have your blog set up and with a subscription form installed it is time to start creating content. You need to write articles and record videos that are related to the audience that you are targeting. You want to come up with valuable information that will entice your visitors to read on, subscribe to your list and make them want to come back over and over.
• Step 5. You need to get traffic to your blog. As you post fresh content to your blog on a consistent basis you will eventually start getting free traffic from the search engines. There are a lot of other ways to generate traffic to your blog and some of them are: social networks, forums, list builders, traffic exchanges, article marketing, commenting on other blogs relevant to yours, etc.
Branding you on the Internet is not meant to be difficult. You just need to learn the skill set to do it and take consistent massive action. By doing so you will soon be a recognized expert in your field and you will attract people who are interested and eager to buy what you have to offer.