Say Goodbye to Procrastination Once and For All, And Build Your Business
Is your procrastination under control?
Regardless of whether you are a new female entrepreneur or a seasoned professional, one of the most common struggles among all of us, involves procrastination!
Yes, you know what I’m talking about, right? At times, it can sneak up on you without even noticing its ugly head.
Procrastination is one of those things that comes to haunt me every once in awhile, too.
Does this sound familiar, you sit down, with great intentions, to get your “to do” list done for business….but then suddenly something interrupts your mind’s flow–it “takes a little vacation”. Whatever it is and you are suddenly sidetracked.
Maybe you are off in “Twitter Land,” Facebook, Pinterest or the laundry or vacuuming begins to call your name. Then, bam–you realize you just wasted an hour of your time. Ouch–painful stuff.
Each of us finds ourselves waging this battle from time to time, so what do you do to stop procrastination dead in its tracks?
Instead of focusing on the ‘shoulds’ and ‘shouldn’ts’, try this: What do you need to do to say “goodbye” to procrastination and “hello” to building your business?
Through the years of running our business, we learned some key tips that help keep us on track and able to cross things off our “to do” list.
Tips to Building a Successful Business Without Procrastination
1. Make a list. Yes, I know, you all heard this one before, but list building is an essential tool to stopping procrastination and building your business. Number your list with the most important 3 things you need to get done, before 11am the next morning. This allows you to subconsciously prepare for your morning, while you are sleeping.
2. Start your day off right. Each day begin working on your biggest or hardest assignment, first. In the morning, you are alert and ready to work, so don’t start with meaningless tasks. Start with your most important, which are normally, what we consider, income producing.
3. Create project deadlines. Give yourself deadlines on each of your projects. As entrepreneurs we are often juggling many projects at a time. Make sure you have a set deadline for each one and when it should be completed. Stick to your deadlines, just as if you had a boss.
4. Get an accountability partner. Finding someone to hold you accountable is key to tackling your to do list. Make sure, however, this person will really hold you to your word and not let you slide, due to hurting your feelings. Use the accountability to go both ways and the two of you can succeed together!
5. Understand the payoff. In other words, know why it is important to complete your tasks. What will your life look like when you achieve your goals? What are the benefits you receive from completing your list and your goals? Without understanding the end result, it is hard to find the motivation for completion.
The only way to say goodbye to procrastination is to become aware that it exists. Don’t beat yourself up because it’s there–just make the necessary adjustments to stop it when it arrives.
Building your business and life without limits requires focusing on what produces results. Become aware of the changes you want to make and make them happen.
Member Since: 03/08/2011
I'm a Distributor For:: Global Resorts Network
Other Company: Live A Life Without Limits
Primary Web Site: http://LiveALifeWithoutLimits.com