Repeat After Me.. As A Newbie, I Promise Not To ........
Read More: Affiliate Marketing | Discipline | Marketing | Personal Development | Positive Thinking
When I first started out on this path, as a successful business woman in my previous life, I thought I would walk it and that money would start coming in from day one.
How wrong was I?
When you start out on network marketing or MLM, you have that initial buzz and belief that you can conquer the world and be even more successful than the person that referred you and they're only making $60,000 a day. Jeez! Easy money.
So you sign up to the advert that tells you that they can show you how to make your millions whilst on the beach (ever tried getting wireless on a beach anywhere!). You part with your money, sit back and wait....and wait.....and wait somemore.....and wait
Then you post a few ads in a few places and sit back and wait for the money to come in and wait....and wait....and wait...........
Then you get down, thinking the program is rubbish and your sponsor just wanted your money
Then you put on a pot of coffee and start to smell it whilst you clean the muck off your rose tinted glasses. Then you have a lightbulb moment.
I'm sorry guys, you still have to work at it, however easy people tell you it is.
Remember, I'm speaking from personal experience and I only wish that I had read this before parting with my hard earned cash.
There are some rubbish programs out there, but there are also a lot of good ones. Yes there are some dire sponsors or 'Mentors' too, but there are also a lot of good ones who take an active interest in what their downline are doing and in their success
My Do's and Do Not's?
- Do stay focussed. Yes, you ultimately want multiple streams of income, but do it one at a time. Move on to the next one when the first one is working and set up
- Do advertise daily and very, very often. I advertise up to three or 4 times a day with different headlines and copy for the same thing. Organise your favourites so that you have all your advertising sources saved in folders Mon-Sat. So for Thursday, I click on my Thursday Advertsing File in Favourites and I know that I can post an advert to everyone in that file on Thursday. It also helps to have a word document with your ad copy and headlines opoen so you simply have to cut and paste if you haven't already got any ads saved
- Do get into the habit of researching new advertising sources daily. I set my team a target of 3 new sources a day then collate and send the list to everyone at the end of the month. 3 a day sounds a lot, but try it and and you'll see that it isn't
- Do get an autoresponder. Multiple streams of income, mean multiple lists and Outlook or Gmail just doesn't cut it
- Do keep going even if you are having a pretty poor day/week/month. I still have them now and I keep on going as 1. I believe in my products, 2. I know I'll come out the other side, and most imortantly 3. I believe in myself!
My Do Not's
- Do not sign up to every program that presents itself in your inbox. Read it and 'park' it in your favourites to refer back to when you have time. Rememember to stay focussed. If you flip-flop, you won't be successful!
- Do not diss the program or your sponsor if it isn't working. First ask yourself have YOU really done all that you can? Have you advertised, have you promoted, or are you on a beach somewhere with no wireless connection?? If you have done all the Do's and your sponsor and the program does not give you support, then diss away and put it down to experience
- Do not give up
I hope that you found this of interest.
Please leave me a comment if it did and one if it didn't, telling me why!