How to Answer the Question: What Makes Your Company Different?

Read More: Dealing with Objections

How to deal with mlm objections
If you put at least half-hearted effort into your MLM business, than you definitely had a chance to make a presentation about your company.

This of course means that you've met different types of objections.

And one of objections is this: "What makes your company different? Why are you really better than the others?"

And this is legitimate question. There are several hundreds (if not thousands) of network marketing companies around. So it's not a big deal to find something similar to your opportunity.

So that's absolutely natural that we face the question: "Hey! I've been at the XYZ presentation/webinar/site. They are just the same as your company. And the products are similar. So, why are you better?"

And you may say "Come on, Andrey. My company is Special. Unique."

More over you may try to prove it to your prospect. And present one solid evidence after another for 10-15 minutes or more.

I did this crap before. I tried to compare products of different mlm companies. I was showing with clear numbers that my compensation plan pays much more than any other. I flooded the prospect's mind with quantity of partners and all the other meaningless stuff.

Prospects were nodding The were saying "Wow. You have a great deal here, guys!". And went away. To continue comparing.

I realized that I was saying something deadly wrong. And I was looking for the right answer. The one that will demonstrate once and for all the uniqueness of my specific opportunity.

And I found the answer as soon as my team members started to get results faster then those in other teams. Now it takes 17 seconds to answer this question.

I'm going to share this magic answer with you. So you'll never be stunned by this question.

Here's the correct answer: "My opportunity is different because of me and my team working in it. As we have step-by-step business building system helping others to achieve their goals in this business. And we can teach how to use it."

"And what about the product?" - you may ask.

Of course your product should be of high quality. So you'll be able to look at the eyes of your customers without hesitation. But there are whole universe of great products. While leaders who know what to do and how to teach - are hard to find.

If you don't know how to build the business and how to attract prospects your product won't help you.

One can become your partner not because of product. Or company. Or compensation plan. But because he believed that he'll be able to reach his dreams with YOUR help.

So stop promoting your product and start promoting you and your system.

Sure enough if you want to use this argument, you should have a system. And should know how you are going to help your team to achieve the results and get their dreams.

If you don't know how - I suggest you to start developing your system right after you finish reading this article.

Or get the developed one.

To the top!
Andrey Vedenyov
Financial Success Trainer
Skype: aveden

Login or register to post comments  |  Views Views: 4,742  |  Comments Comments: 11

About the Author: Andrey Vedenyov

Member Since: 11/04/2009

Company: LR Health and Beauty Systems

Industry: MLM

Primary Web Site: http://incomesystemformula.com/

Comments

Like the way you have stated

Like the way you have stated this here, Thanks.

Pat Idoux — Sun, 11/08/2009 - 10:41am
junmin chen — Mon, 11/09/2009 - 7:40am

Attraction Marketing

If you are practicing advanced ATTRACTION MARKETING, you will NEVER get asked "what makes your opp different" because your prospects are rarely seeking you because of your opp - they are seeking you out because of WHO YOU ARE. Want more recruits? Want to make it easier to recruit? Want to recruit faster? Bigger? Then, BECOME SOMEONE DIFFERENT (hopefully better) than you are today.

Steven Johnson — Mon, 11/09/2009 - 8:24am

Formula Written And Ready

That's always a good idea especially when you've already qualified a lead and they ask what the formula looks like.

David Beairsto — Mon, 11/09/2009 - 9:18am

Being Unique

I like your article, Andrey. It is all about being different, unique and being you. You are not selling your amazing product, you are selling YOU. People will join your company because they like YOU. Study and learn from other successful individuals. Learn and attract to them. What is it that they do that makes them so successful... one tip... give people VALUE. Thanks for sharing, Andrey!
All the best!

Derek Fobert — Mon, 11/09/2009 - 9:35am
Hollis Chapman — Mon, 11/09/2009 - 9:55am

How is Your Company Different?

This is a question that a lot of Network Marketers can't answer. Lots of people get involved with a company and just try to fly by the seat of their pants. I did a post on this subject titled: http://donegnor.blogspot.com/2009/01/how-are-you-different-and-uniquein-...

Don Egnor — Mon, 11/09/2009 - 10:34am

Business of relationship

Ok, now I understand, I am the USP!

Volker Schaefer — Mon, 11/09/2009 - 11:04am

Very clean and clear! Excellent help for that objection.

Alison Pena — Mon, 11/09/2009 - 11:19pm

Just be yourself

Learning is one thing,But learning about your self and what makes the business your doing special, that's the way YOU do business and the way YOU talk to people, and how YOU advertise! Sell your customers and your prospects on YOU, Great Post andrey

Timothy Willan — Tue, 11/17/2009 - 8:01pm

Don't Be Desperate!

Another good piece of advice is to not appear desperate when trying to share an opportunity. There is nothing more unattractive than a desperate sales pitch. It doesn't work in dating, and it doesn't work in network marketing, either.

David Cummings — Wed, 04/21/2010 - 12:30am