Skip Months of Misdirection and Confusion,
Implement this Action Plan and Gain Traction Fast!
How to Use Google Voice to Boost Your Business and Personal Branding
When I finally got my Google Voice account the other day, after waiting nearly 2 months from my application, I was really impressed and excited when I began exploring and setting it up. I think that it has a potential to boost your business productivity, mobility, and personal branding!
First of all, you can choose a number that contains your name, like mine is 4-Vicki-411-0 (which is 484-254-4110 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 484-254-4110 end_of_the_skype_highlighting). Now 484 is not the area code in which I live, which I could have had, but it is at least in my timezone, and it provides an additional bit of personal branding by having my own name in the number!
But the other really cool stuff is
- You can have all of your phones ring when your Google Voice number is called, so you have only one number to give out, and people can reach you wherever you are (I have a land line as well as a mobile number, due to poor reception at my house, lots of very tall trees all around!)
- There is a cool widget for your blog that will allow people to click and call you directly!
- You can use your Google voice mail for your mobile phone number. And when all of your phones ring, as long as they do not roll to voice mail in less than 30 seconds, your Google voice mail will answer.
- You get voice mails in your email (in text as well as audio, and you can play them directly in gmail!), and as a text on your mobile.
- You have free calls from the US to Canada, and very low (.02 per minute to most countries) international calling rate!
- You can make calls from your Google phone from any phone, including your mobile (here’s a bit about the App for your smart phone)
For now however, the service is only available in the US, and it takes a while (I applied almost two months ago!), so sign up now if you want a great choice of numbers, maybe one with your name or a significant word in it.
I created a video to show you these featuers and how a sample voice mail can be played - check it out!
Wishing You Brilliant Success!