Top 10 Reasons People Fail at Home Based Businesses
I have been working on a series of the Top 10 Reasons People Fail In Network Marketing. Once I have completed all of it, I will post all of them and let you all know where to find them. This is a summary of the series and the Top 10 Items.
Top 10 Reasons Why People Fail In Network Network Marketing
- Don’t talk about your primary when you are social networking. This is a very important first step because when you are first getting online to begin your network marketing you just want to talk about your company. If you do that you will turn people off. Additionally most network marketing companies do not allow you to talk about them outside of their corporate web site. So to keep from getting into any legal issues it is better that you stay away from this completely
- Be an endorser of your product. You can’t just talk about it. You must use it and have your own story about the product. Facts tell but stories sell. If you have product stories to talk about you will find it much easier to talk about your products in an natural common way. This kind of matter a fact personal talking about your product will resonate with people. You also will be more emotional about talking about the product because of your personal experience.
- Be consistent. Rome was not built in a day. It will talk time to build your relationships online. Remember that people want to do business with people not with companies and you will need to build relationships. You will have to do this if you ever want to be able to build your business to that magic 10k per month that is so often talked about.
- Take action. Do not procrastinate. This can be a real killer in building your business. Remember that this is YOUR business and you must have good habit to get where you want to be. You must stay focused on what you need to do. You can have all the motivation in the world but it you are not working on the right things you will not get ahead. There are SO many distractions online you must be very focused to succeed.
- It is not your uplines responsibility it is yours. Take personal responsibility. This is YOUR business and no one else’s. You must do what needs to be done to get ahead. You will need to figure out what the means for you personally. Get plugged in with a team that will help you grow. Take your own initiative to do this. Being plugged in to a good team will be a great help but it not required to be successful in the business.
- Know your product. Know your competition. You must know your product well enough to be able to talk about it. Not that you need to do that from day one but you must learn it so you know all the facts off the top of your head without having to think. This kind of know-how will demonstrate your confidence and your leadership that will attract people to you and your business. You also need to know competitive products to be able to address objections and questions related to comparing the products. Do this and it will serve you well as you grow your business.
- Set goals. Those that set goals will attain them faster. This is pretty self explanatory. I believe it was Zig Ziggler that said “Aim for nothing and you will hit it every time” You must set goals. The more specific the goals, the more real the goals the better you will be a attaining them and achieving what you want out of your business.
- Attend the conferences and meetings. It is really hard to convey to you how big a difference this will make in your business. As Internet Network Marketers we do not get many opportunities to spent face to face time with people in our business. When you meet people and find out that they are normal you will realize that you can do exactly what they are doing. The confidence you obtain is incredable. Anytime you can meet face to face with those in your business you will walk away being glad you took the time to meet.
- Work on yourself. Take time each day for self improvement. There are many people that have attained that 10k+ per month level that we all aspire to achieve. If you take the time to learn from them you can save years off of your learning process for this business. Every person must pay his dues to learn this business. It can come from the school of hard knocks or you can learn it from someone else that has already been through it and figured out how to succeed. Which makes more sense to you. So do this and cut down the time it takes to get to where you want to be.
- Don’t quite. This is the most important thing for you to understand. You will never succeed if you quit. This is what most people do. They quit because they are not doing the previous 9 items and get discouraged or they run out of money. Don’t be a statistic. 97% of the people who starting in this business fail. Be a 3% and don’t quite. Stay in the game until you have mastered it. You will be glad you did.