How to Stand Out in a Crowd
Do you ever go to an event or a place where there are crowds and just watch people? Try it sometime and take notice of those who have people gathered around them.
Have you ever wondered why it is that those people always have a group gathered around them and people hang on their every word?
Do you want to be like that?
One thing that I have noticed in my reading and my experiences is that the people who are like that are typically friendly, fun and interested in others. They have a way of making other people feel comfortable and appreciated. Don't you like to be around people like that? I know I do.
So what are some ways that you can put this into practice in your daily life and your business to make others feel appreciated?
1. One man I heard on a call recently said he was going to start taking pictures to "Catch" people doing nice things for others and then send them a thank you card with that picture in it.
2. Use polite language such as please and especially thank you as often as you can.
3. Pay sincere compliments to everyone whenever possible
4. Go out of your way to assist someone in an area where you are knowledgeable or available.
5. In your business, send thank you notes to clients and remember birthdays and little details about their lives. How many businesses do you deal with that do that for you? It is very uncommon and will definitely give you the edge over your competition.
These are very simple things to do. A kind word, a timely card, a small gesture... And there are reminders and tools available that can assist you in creating these new habits.
And these are just a few ways that can help you stand out in a crowd. It doesn't take a lot of extra time, just some thoughtfulness ~ being willing to do the things that others are not willing to do.
Choose one thoughtful thing every day to do for others and watch what happens!