Do I need a business card for my home-based business?
What do most people in the “real” business world carry? A BUSINESS CARD!
As a home-based business owner, do you carry your own business card? If not, you should reconsider that for several reasons.
1. When someone asks for your contact information – you have it right there in your wallet or purse
2. If you have cards made up for various products/opportunities you promote, you can leave them in places where people will see them and pick them up.
3. A real business card in your hand is just another reminder that your have a REAL business – sometimes we need these little reminders.
So, if you are doing this on a budget there are options.
- Y0u can make your own business cards by picking up blank card sheets (Avery makes a bunch) and printing your own.
- You can use an inexpensive service such as Vista Print, which offers a lot of free stuff – you just pay the shipping.
It is another easy and inexpensive way to reach your market. I drop them into books, leave stacks on counters in coffee shops,
put them in home-based business and entrepreneur trade publications – y0ou name it. I love to leave them in airports too, you
never know where your card may land
You may need to drop a lot of cards before you hear from someone, and I would never use this as a sole means
of advertising, but it is certainly another way to reach more people!