MLM - Be Proud !!
I am 100% proud of my involvement in Network Marketing. What about you?
If someone asks me what my career is, I am excited to tell them that I am involved in recruiting & coaching leaders in the Network Marketing industry.Yes, I say I am in Network Marketing. What about you?
I know that many people struggle with explaining they are in Network Marketing. For some reason they feel a bit embarrassed and, of course, this is communicatedthrough your body language to the other person.Problem?Of course!Can it be solved?Absolutely.
Some people feel embarrassed saying they are in Network Marketing because they think the other person will say or think something bad about it. It's a natural 'rejection' emotion.Some think that Network Marketing/MLM has a poor public reputation and they are correct.We don't like to say this.We don't think it's completely deserved.Yet if you do not believe or accept this they you are living in a cave! In fact,you are an ostrich with your head in the ground.If you are intelligent and professional, then you will ensure that both you and your teams understand where this is from and what to do about it.
Network Marketing or MLM has a negative reputation because of four facts:
1. Some people have not told the truth about their business or products. Shame on them!
2. Some people in this industry put pressure on their friends and family to buy products or join. Double shame on them!
3. Some people in society just don't like this sort of business, don't like the freedom we offer, don't like the positive chance we create, etc. Who cares about them! Some people don't like lawyers, soldiers, real estate agents, politicians or journalists yet we need them in society.
4. Lastly and most importantly, too many people have failed to earn the money they expected relative to what they think they were promised. If you don't deliver on your promises, people don't trust you.How do we change the reputation?Advertising won't help.Ignoring this situation wont help.
The only solution is:*********************
1. Be very clear about what you are promising. Under-promise with enthusiasm. They are buying your enthusiasm and non-verbal communication anyway.
2. Never put pressure on people. Use inspiration to enthuse.
3. Forget the skeptics!
4. Use a Competence First [100% Success] strategy to build your team.If people seem negative, just say - I see you have a negative view on network marketing?' [they will either agree or choke in embarrassment]. Then say - I can understand this, too many people failed in the past. The same thing happened in franchising.
That's why we use a Competence First strategy now which means that everyone can succeed.It works perfectly! Remembering the formula for success is getting a large group of people to do a few simple things over a consistent period of time.