How to Keep the Momentum in Network Marketing
Network marketing is fueled by momentum. Before the network marketing “gurus” of the world came along, traditional network marketing was all about momentum. Businesses were built on hype, exciting testimonies, video clips, and demonstrations. You were not in the vitamin, beauty product, or fashion industry with your MLM company but rather you were in the momentum industry. If you could create it, you would sell your business and its products. These days with all the systems, AdWords, websites, and social media outlets out there, we now have to create our own momentum. Often times we get excited at first but then our businesses become so automatic that at times we can get stagnant. Below are 5 quick ideas on how to keep the momentum in the new age of network marketing:
- Never stop learning – like a kid we should always be going to school. School is never done, you are just going to the next grade. I always have a book on the go or a motivational CD in the car. Keep the momentum by keeping your brain going. Learning new things will not only keep you inspired but it will also give you new ideas that will ignite extra momentum.
- Hang out with other, positive network marketers – The best way to keep the momentum is to surround yourself with other successful people who are keeping their own momentum going and having success. There is nothing more inspiring than seeing other people achieve their dreams with network marketing.
- Don’t listen to negativity – the biggest momentum crusher is a bad comment from someone who either envies your success or does not like network marketing. Just tell yourself that you are going to hear negative comments from time to time and prepare your mind so that negative people will never get you down. In fact, you can actually take negative comments as a sign of your success. If you were not doing anything or not making any money then people would probably leave you alone. It is only when you start to shake up other peoples’ ideas of what is normal where you get the negative comments. Celebrate them!
- Re-invent yourself - kids are always changing what they are in to and their likes or dislikes. They change fashion statements, friends, the games they play, and the TV shows they like all the time. As network marketers, the best way to keep the momentum going is change things up a bit, especially if you see a downward trend in a product or in numbers of leads. Add a new “feature” to your brand or if you sell product, change-up your presentation in a new way. Re-invention is what all the top producers in any field do to keep things fresh and new. Network marketers need to do this too!
- Go on a holiday – now I bet you are saying “hold on, keep the momentum going by taking a break?” Yes. The best way to keep the momentum going in your business is to take a break, re-fuel, relax, and then get back to having fun in network marketing. If people do not take scheduled vacations, they may burn out and then the momentum could stop for good. Recognize when it is time to relax for a while but knowing that you will be back and charged up for the next “round” in your business.
Momentum is more of a set of ideas then a feeling or a ride you are on. If you can stay mentally strong and apply your momentum-forming ideas to your business, then you will prevent loss of sales in the long run.
Your friend in the game,
Peter Bray – Kid Networker