Productivity Secrets For Home Business Entrepreneurs
Are you looking for some productivity secrets that you can easily implement into your life and your business? Do you need a new and more powerful way to get stuff done so that you can finally achieve the success you deserve? The following productivity secrets for home business entrepreneurs are some of the most powerful tools that you can possibly use in each day to help you reach your goals.
Time is the single most valuable asset any of us will ever have. It slips away like sand through the hour glass. Minutes turn to hours, hours to days, and days to years…. How much have you accomplished over the last year? Are you as far ahead as you thought you would be? Have you reached or exceeded your well designed goals and plans for your life and your business? The old idea of “time management” is a thing of the past. We cannot manage time, only manage ourselves within the time we have. If you are like most, your time each day is limited and you will need some real productivity secrets to help ensure that the next six months won’t be like the last.
The productivity secrets I am going to share with you are powerful and have been used and passed down by very successful people in various industries across the world. I have seen these productivity secrets packaged and sold in seminars and products for thousands of dollars. In all cases, if they help you to finally accomplish your goals and increase your productivity and effectiveness, they are well worth every penny. Today I want to share some of these secrets with you free of charge, just promise me that you will receive them with the knowledge that they have the potential to benefit you immeasurably if you take them to heart and put them to use.
If you are anything like me, one of the reasons you wanted to become an entrepreneur and create a home-based business in the first place is that you were looking for more freedom. You want the freedom to design your life and your days the way you see fit, you want financial freedom, and you want the freedom from all the hassles of that dreaded job. You can have the freedom you seek and you can even create free time if you apply the productivity secrets I am going to share with you.
If you are making the switch from an employee mindset to that of an entrepreneur, you will most likely need to create a few new habits. As an entrepreneur, you are now earning an income based on you productivity and the results you produce, not just in time spent on the job. Therefore it is it vital that you learn to become effective, productive, and leveraged with your time and energy to become successful. You will need to learn and make use of these productivity secrets, apply a little discipline and get productive.
These days, with the multitude of distractions we are all faced with in each moment, it is easy to become overwhelmed by hundreds of tasks and multi-tasks that take up our time and produce little or no real results. It is easy to stay busy and feel like we’re doing a lot all day and still not get much done. For the home business entrepreneur involved in online marketing, the distractions are even more prevalent. One thing I want to mention before discussing these productivity secrets is the importance of defining for yourself your income producing activities as well as your non income producing activities. With this new clarity, you will be able to apply these productivity secrets directly to the specific things that will create the biggest change in your life and in your business. If you want results, spend 80%-90% of your time on results producing activities.
Now lets dive into the productivity secrets that will help you reach your goals.
- The first of these productivity secrets is the habit of clearly defining your goals. You must have a clear map of where you are going if you hope to get there any time soon. Like they say “failing to plan is planning to fail”. If we leave our lives up to vague hopes and dreams, chances are we will still have those hopes and dreams many years from now. Get clear on your goals and tasks for each month, week, day, and hour.
- Create a schedule and stick to it. Map out your life, each thing, each moment of each day, and look at where you are producing results and where you are not. One of the most simple and the most powerful of these productivity secrets is the habit of making a top five list at the end of each day by defining five things that you will complete the next day that will help move you closer to your goals.
- This next in the line of productivity secrets is very helpful if you are truly committed to success. I’m talking about routines, and though you might not want to have the same lifestyle as your grandparents, creating a consistent routine will have a measurable effect on your productivity. Get up and go to bed at the same time every day and develop consistent sleep patterns. If we apply just a little bit of discipline we will begin to create more success, and in turn, more freedom. Begin to create routines for everything you do and you will begin to develop positive habits.. Our daily habits determine our success.
- Give yourself hard and fast deadlines for each of your tasks. This is one of the productivity secrets that is a truly awesome and can create a major shift in your personal effectiveness with the time you do have to build your business and achieve your goals. One trick is to divide your tasks into 60 - 90 minute intervals and set a timer, then use laser focus on your task until either it is completed or your allotted time is up. When your time is up, quit and continue on the next day. You will find that you can get far more accomplished using these focused sessions than you will by just working through hour after hour.
- Another of the productivity secrets closely related to using deadlines is the habit of taking 10 minute breaks after each 60 - 90 minute laser focused session. Personal productivity is closely related to healthy energy so keep your energy high with plenty of fresh air and water. Get up and get your circulation going again with some movement.
- Talking about movement, the next of these productivity secret is scientifically proven to positively influence every aspect of your life both inside and out. Regular exercise is vital for your long term success not only in business but in life in general. The benefits of exercise go much further than just physical health. Exercise effects your mood, your sleep, your energy and circulation, and keeps you balanced for long term success. It is also a statistical fact that multi-millionaires have the highest incidents of regular physical exercise. Start slow, be consistent, and get moving…
- In line with exercise and habits that will increase energy, we must also consider the things that rob us of energy. The next one of these productivity secrets is not always so obvious to many people that have become comfortable and used to feeling a certain way, even if that feeling is not positive and high energy. Become aware of the things in your life and in your day that rob your energy. Consider your unhealthy and non-productive habits like poor quality food, negative emotions and negative people. Low energy and negative energy will keep you stuck and keep you from being productive and accomplishing your goals.
- The next of these productivity secrets is super powerful and will transform your personal effectiveness overnight. It is the idea and actual scientific fact that multitasking is completely inefficient and can actually lower your I.Q. When multitasking, it takes time to get back to focusing on each separate task you are working on. Also, if you are multitasking, you are likely not giving any one task your focused attention, and therefore quality is diminished. Multitasking is often just a way to distract ourselves from what we know we really should be doing to achieve our goals. It is a way to procrastinate and stay busy wile accomplishing little. Avoid distractions at all costs.
- We have all heard about the law of attraction in recent years with the release of many popular books and movies. Top personal development gurus all talk about the power of getting in a peak state. This is one of the most important of the productivity secrets… I’m talking about creating your own morning mindset practice. Every successful person I can think of implements this into their morning routine. You can call it your “hour of power” or “thirty minutes to thrive” or “fifteen minutes to freedom”. Spend some time each morning getting into a peak state of clarity and creativity by meditating, practicing gratitude, visualization, and reading affirmations. It may seem like just getting right to work will help you accomplish more but this practice will get your mindset in the right place for success and in the end will help create a massive shift in your life. Mindset and personal development are just as important as taking action, make sure this is a part of your daily routine.
- Now onto a few tips on how to how to curb your addiction to emails and social media. Certainly one of the most important of these productivity secrets, the habit of constantly checking emails and social media, is the #1 productivity killer for home business entrepreneurs. The first thing you must realize is that unless you are writing an email or using social media for direct marketing results and communicating with a large audience, writing emails and watching Youtube videos or spending time on growing your Farmville on Facebook will not make you money. Try to never spend more than one hour a day on emails and social media. Don’t reply to emails and with long, well thought out essays, keep them short, quick, concise, and to the point. Check and reply to emails and your social media accounts at set times only, like the beginning and end of each day, not in between. It’s easy to float around all day, going back and forth between your emails and Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube. Learn to use social media in an effective and leveraged way or spend your time on things that will create the biggest results for you instead. Recognize that emails and social media are a problem and are robbing you of precious time. Break your email and social media addiction and create up to 50% more free time with this one single productivity secret.
- Now I want to discuss what might be the most powerful of all productivity secrets I have ever used. This is the secret of the speed of implementation and it’s the simple practice of taking action immediately on things that will help you achieve your goals. When you become aware of something that will create results for you, take action right away and schedule it into your day. This practice will help curb negative feelings of procrastination and overwhelm that can flatten even your most sincere desires and efforts to create success. When you quickly implement this productivity secret, it will help you build momentum in your business and give your business a feeling of fresh movement and creation. Get back to your business prospects right away, accomplish that task you have put off for months, take action now and get more results.
Now that you have picked up many great productivity secrets, make sure you implement them into your life and your business and you will begin to see results.
If you enjoyed reading this post, share it with your friends on all your favorite social media sites. I love hearing from my readers as well so be sure to leave a comment below and give me your thoughts.
What productivity secrets do you use to create massive results in your life and business?