12 Ways To Boost Productivity In Your Business
Getting the most out of your day can be difficult with a busy schedule, but you can use these tips to help you maximize your time in order to be better available to employees.
1. Get the most out of meetings. Be organized and prepared for meetings to increase effectiveness and time savings.
2. Focus your energy on things that matter. Don’t let trivial tasks take time away from things that are really important.
3. Identify your time-stealers. Everyone has little things that detract their attention and make them lose focus. Figure out what these are and work to eliminate them, if only for a few hours a day. For example: checking emails, texting, taking unnecessary phone calls, chatting online with others etc…
4. Be punctual. Being on time is a big deal. Never keep people waiting for appointments or meetings if you can help it.
5. Respond to your correspondence within a reasonable amount of time. You don’t have to be chained to your inbox, but make sure you respond to emails within 30 minutes to 1 hour on a specific time every day. This avoids disrupting your schedule and most importantly freeing you up to be more productive.
6. Do only what is necessary. There are times when going above and beyond works, but doing so on a daily basis can derail your progress on more important issues. Get the key things done first, then see if you have time for additional things. Write down what things are the top five priorities of things that need to be done in the order they need to be done. Stick to the priority list and don’t skip the harder tasks to do the easier tasks. This is counter productive whether you realize it or not. So stick to the plan.
7. Stick to schedules and routines. While they may not be the most exciting things, schedules and routines can help streamline and improve your productivity.
8. Organize and manage your schedule. Use any tools and utilities you have at your disposal to prioritize your day and keep track of what you need to get done.
9. Plan more than you think you can do. While this may sound stressful, it can actually be a great motivator. If you manage to get everything done, you’ll enjoy a great sense of achievement.
10. Get to work early on occasion. Sometimes an uninterrupted half hour in an unoccupied office can help you get key things done or allow you to plan your day before there are any distractions to slow you down.
11. Know that sometimes stress is good. While too much of anything, especially stress, can be bad, sometimes a little stress can be the motivation to get you moving, allowing you to get more done.
12. Do your least favorite tasks first. Get your most tedious and least desirable tasks out of the way earlier in the day. After that, everything else will be a breeze.
Member Since: 10/28/2010
Company: Self Employed And Loving It!
Industry: Affiliate Marketing
Primary Web Site: http://trafficmafiamagic.com