Article Writing Guide - Part 2: Formatting
By now you should have all the keywords for your article. Before you publish your article, there are several things you can do to make the search engines like it a little more. Writing articles for seo is all about getting a little more love from Google than the next guy. In this section of our article writing guide we will discuss some of the article formatting you can add to make your articles not only look better but rank on page one as well.
Here is a checklist to guide you when you write:
- Have your main keyword in the title of your article and in the first and the last paragraphs of your article.
- Have your keyword in the url of your blog post.
- Your article should be at least 300 words, 400 words is better. Use your keyword about once for every 100 words you write.
- Use bullet points or a number list.
- Have an image with your article. Name the image, if appropriate, with your keywords.
- Include H1, H2 and H3 tags in your post.
- Bold, underline or italicize keyword phrases.
- Link a keyword phrase to another article or blog post.
It may seem like a daunting task to include all these things in an article. Use them as appropriate, if you can use them all - Wonderful! But keep in mind that real people read your articles, not just search engine robots, so make it appealing to people first, bots second.
Combining the information in this article writing guide with social media sites like FaceBook can truly explode your business. WorldWide Partnership is world renown because of our ability to put the correct tools in the hands of those wanting to learn what it takes to merge your business with blogging and social media. If you would like more information we have a 3 day FREE video course you will love. Simply visit “The Secrets Behind Social Media” Today!