Key Personal Attributes of Entrepreneurs
By. Shaun Douglas
Personal attributes are generally ingrained and formed over a period of time. They are therefore difficult to change. Dealing with change is what entrepreneurs do best. Also a positive mindset and spirit, creativity and innovation are what drive the entrepreneur. It is therefore imperative that those personal attributes that are related to entrepreneurial success are developed. Through engaging in entrepreneurial behaviour you will be able to develop the following key personal entrepreneurial attributes.
- The need to achieve: the desire to excel, to continuously strive for excellence or to succeed in competitive situation.
- Responsibility to achieve: entrepreneurs take the responsibility to attain their goals.
- The need for feedback: entrepreneurs want immediate feedback on their performance.
- The constant need for new challenges: when goals are achieved new goals are set and thereby standards are continuously improved.
- The desire for independence: large organisations generally do not motivate entrepreneurs.
- Internal drive: the confidence in their own abilities and the great deal of self respect motivates the entrepreneur.
- Track record of accomplishment: it enables the entrepreneur to be optimistic and enthusiastic about the risks to be taken.
- Future Oriented: successful entrepreneurs are future and money oriented and have high expectations of reward. Rewards reaped are indicators of success.
- Self-sacrifice: nothing worth having comes free and success has a high price tag. Giving up holidays, golf games, a soccer game between pirates and chiefs and that trip to a game farm are small sacrifices if you want to be successful.
Tel me what you think and feel free to post your comments.
To your unlimited success.