The Empower Network Core Blogging System:$497 Value You will receive a core 'done for you' blogging system, INSTANTLY set-up with all the 'bells and whistles'
Best Shopping Tips For Black Friday (19 Black Friday Tips )
19 tips for Black Friday shoppers
Millions of Americans wake up early to rush to the stores the day after Thanksgiving, also known as “Black Friday”, but why is it called Black Friday? This day is originally called Black Friday because there were many traffic accidents caused from the number of shoppers that came out to get the best store deals.
Here are our 19 tips for Black Friday shopping, whether you do it in person or online:
1.Protect your personal information. Check to see how your information may be used online. When shopping at stores, keep your card out of sight and make sure you get it back and safely in your wallet before you leave the store.
3.Know the company’s refund and return policies. Are there restocking fees? Do you have to pay shipping costs on returns? Do not rely on pictures of a product. Read the description and check model numbers, if applicable.
4.Be cautious of free or very-low-price offers. Often, free offers are followed by an open-ended enrollment in a program that automatically bills your credit card account.. Before ordering anything online, make sure you click on and read all terms and conditions.
5.Pay with a credit card. If you suspect fraud or don’t receive your order, you can challenge the charge in the event of a dispute. 6.Obtain a tracking number for shipments. If you need the product before the holidays, find out when the seller intends to ship it and if possible, how it will be shipped. 7.Print out the order or save it on your computer. Make sure you have the documentation page for online orders and save it until the order arrives.
8.Be aware of phishing. Don’t respond to emails that ask for your credit card or bank account number or other personal information. Legitimate businesses do not send emails claiming there is a problem with an order or account to lure you into revealing financial information. Call the company or find the customer service form on the company website to confirm any problem.Our release on Black Friday shopping is available online.
9.As always, we advise checking a company's BBB Business Review before doing business at www.bbb.org or by calling 314-645-3300. The BBB will be closed Thursday and Friday for the holiday.
Last year, the National Retail Federation reported that 212 million individuals hit the shopping aisles on Black Friday, spent an estimated $45 billion, and more than 60% were done shopping by 9am. Black Friday shopping is serious business that isn’t for the weak. Follow these 19 Black Friday Shopping Tips to make sure you stay on track and ahead of the competition, aka: your fellow shoppers.
10. Make a list. Typically, the best Black Friday deals are in the electronics department. Despite this, the store shelves will still be stocked with lots of pretty, shiny things that are just begging to take up space in your shopping cart. Look away! Stay strong my friends and stick to your shopping list.
11. Set a budget. And hopefully your holiday shopping budget will be straightened out because you’ve been using Mint.com’s online budgeting tools, right? Good. It’s easy to get swept away in the shopping frenzy and end up spending more than you budgeted for. Designate a specific amount for each item on your list and don’t deviate from the plan.
12. Do research. Compare in-store deals with the ones online. In the past, several big box stores such as Walmart and Target have offered pre-Black Friday online deals that were the same as their in-store Black Friday ones. Also, some retailers offer online shopping exclusives that you can’t find in stores.
13. Sign up for email alerts. Visit your favorite store’s websites and sign up for their consumer email updates. Not only will you get the latest information on new products and upcoming sales, but often times retailers send out coupons via email. Print them out and bring them to the store with you.
14. Check return policies. Sometimes an incredible deal comes with strings attached, and Black Friday is no exception. Watch out for no-return policies, shortened return/exchange time frames, and restocking fees.
15. Know the early bird specials.
Also known as “door busters, these hot-ticket items are either being sold at a massive discount, or hardly ever go on sale. These incredible deals are often being sold at no profit to the retailer because they drive traffic to the store. Door busters usually sell out right away and consumers are often waiting in line before the store even opens in order to take advantage of the low prices.
16. Divide and conquer.
Team up with friends or family, make a master list of everyone’s items, and assign each person a task. Banding together will save you massive amounts of time and increase the chances of scoring a great deal. Remember: There is no “I” in team.
17. Dress comfortably.
It’s likely that this is going to be one of the longest shopping days of your life. Wear comfortable shoes and dress in layers. Leave the bulky coats and fussy clothing at home. Keep your hands free and ready to grab that 2 carat, $99 diamond bracelet (JC Penny, in case you were interested).
18. Bring sustenance.
In between shopping and waiting in endless checkout lines, you want to make sure you keep your energy levels up. Refuel and hydrate as necessary.
19. Have fun!
Black Friday is arguably going to be an insane experience:
People will be stampeding towards the Play station’s and HD TVs, and there will be Barbie boxes and Hot Wheels strewn about. Remember to breathe and smile. If all else fails, you will walk away with some pretty impressive bragging rights and probably a good story or two to tell. Good luck!
Do you plan on participating in Black Friday? What kind of deals are you looking for?
Member Since: 01/07/2008
I'm a Distributor For:: Ambit Energy Corporation
Other Company: Ds Domination
Industry: Training and Development
Primary Web Site: http://theunittakeover.net/cp13.php?user=wealthcreators