Home Based Entrepreneurs - How To Avoid Information OverloadCompany: Global Virtual Opportunities
Read More: Home Based Entrepreneur | Home Business Entrepreneur | Home Entrepreneur | Work From Home Entrepreneur
In an earlier article I wrote that, as a Home Based Entrepreneur, the ability to manage your time and to be as productive as possible throughout the working day is absolutely vital.
The arch nemesis of high productivity and overall success in the home based business arena is without doubt information overload. How do I know? Because I suffered from the effects of severe information overload for a very long period of time when I first started to explore the endless possibilities associated with being a successful Home Based Entrepreneur.
In my opinion this is the number one reason why so many people are failing or simply giving up on their dreams of becoming successful home based entrepreneurs.
We now live in an information age, where we can literally tap into the greatest repository of information ever assembled on how to be successful in just about any area of life, just by doing a simple search on Google.
Unfortunately this is a double edged sword because it is very easy to become totally overwhelmed and “frozen out” by the sheer volume of information available to us through the search engines, or turning up in our inbox, as a result of all those email newsletters we signed up for!
I have listed below the top five strategies that I adopted in order to combat this insidious problem faced by all home based entrepreneurs, and to get me take action on my goals and dreams. I hope that you find them useful and that they help you to move forward if you too are stuck as a result of information overload;
1. Plan your learning and business building activities as two separate functions, with specific times allocated for each throughout the day. Otherwise you may find yourself constantly in learning mode, becoming increasingly overwhelmed, and never taking action on what you learn.
2. Approach all training sessions / webinars etc with the goal to take away, and take action, on just one new piece of information. Don’t feel pressured to implement everything that you learn in its entirety.
3. Set up a separate email account for email newsletters that you subscribe to, so that you are not constantly being drawn to the latest “idea of the month” concepts which distract you from your main purpose.
4. Adopt a “mastermind group” of individuals whose teachings resonate with you, and who can help you in the specific areas of your business that you need the most help with, right now. Only the emails from these selected individuals should find their way into your main inbox, even then be discerning with the information you receive and review your mastermind list on a regular basis.
5. Commit to learning and adopting just one new marketing strategy at a time, until you have completely mastered it, before adding a new strategy to your marketing mix, focus is the key!
Tomorrow I am going to expand on the concept of adopting your own personal “mastermind group” to help you achieve the success that you looking for, and I will reveal the list of mentors that I have adopted to help me grow in all of the keys areas required to be a successful as a Home Based Entrepreneur.