Identifying Needs: Sponsoring Made EasyCompany: Watkins Incorporated
One way to think about new sponsoring is to realize that the Watkins Business Opportunity and Summit Group can reinforce important
values or meet important needs in the lives of your prospects. But you can't explain how Watkins can benefit an
individual until you identify his or her needs.
The best way to identify someone's needs is by listening. The following reminders can help you become a more
· Let your prospect complete his or her statements; control your impulse to answer immediately.
· Give yourself permission not to be a "know it all." Listen closely for the prospect's views; listen with the
intent to understand.
· Make sure you understand what your prospect is telling you. To help clarify, rephrase his or her statement:
"I understand you to say [then rephrase the prospect's statement]." You can also say, "Can you tell me more
about that?" or, "Let me see if I really understand your concerns about my business opportunity."
· Listen with your eyes; maintain eye contact.
· Do not be easily offended. Don't let your opinions interfere with your ability to listen; you are trying to
understand not to judge.
· Remember that your desire is to make a positive difference in your prospect's life; therefore, you must
listen for what is important or missing in his or her life.
An additional benefit to active listening is that your prospects will tend to be more willing to work with you if they
feel they have been genuinely heard.
"Seeking to understand requires consideration; seeking to be understood takes Courage."
—Stephen R. Covey
Remember, your objective is to identify needs and show the prospect how he or she can meet those needs through
Watkins and the Summit Group. The following reminders will help you keep this objective in mind when speaking to prospects:
· Avoid evaluating a prospect's values or needs
· Avoid giving advice
· Wait until your prospect has finished a thought or idea to speak; don't interrupt
· Remain enthusiastic, but stay calm and open-minded; avoid becoming confrontational
· Present yourself as someone your prospect would like to have as a business partner
Identifying people's needs and concerns by listening with a clear desire to understand will help your prospects to see
for themselves that the Watkins Business Opportunity and/or Watkins Quality Products with the support fron the Summit Group are something they want and need.
For more info on Watkins and the Summit Group, visit http://getpaid941.com