Forums

Help marketing online overseas

Arbonne International Forum

Moderator: admin

Help marketing online overseas

Postby on Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:58 am

Arbonne is getting ready to explode overseas, and I want to take advantage of that growth. We expanded to Australia in July and now on to the UK in November. After that, we are heading into a new country every 6 months for the next 5 years, I believe. Does anyone have any advice on how to market this company, opportunity, and product overseas using the Internet. I'm obviously new to this...

Thanks,
Brian
Brian Herndon
Independent Consultant
District Manager
Arbonne International

Re:Help marketing online overseas

Postby Michele Rosborough on Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:22 am

Hi Brian,

To address your question:

'Does anyone have any advice on how to market this company, opportunity, and product overseas using the Internet.'

First of all I'm not a huge fan of using ONLY the internet, but that's a side point. I prefer personal contact. Now maybe I am at an advantage in that I am from Dublin, so if I talk to someone in the UK they immediately peg my accent, which let's say they know straight off the bat that we are probably as similar as cultures could be.

The reason I say this, is that if you want to enter the UK market be aware of the differences between the English/Scottish/Welsh/Northern Ireland cultures in comparision to American culture. It comes down to starting the process of identifying your target market. So you have to look at the UK as a whole first.

Generally in Europe we are much more reserved, than our American counterparts, some of the advertising that works here, will not work in Europe, more specifically the UK. If you go on any UK business forum, you will see the comments they leave with regard to 'American sales tactics'. Right or wrong, it doesn't matter, it's THEIR perception, this is not about you, it's about them so you have to learn to relate to them they way they are used to being related to.

.... Now this may all be obvious to you, part of me is writing to those that wish to enter the UK market and have no experience of it. Go onto www.google.co.uk and search out UK MLM forums (proper ones, not just everyone posting their opportunity), business forums and professionals or services where the Arbonne product would fit into traditional retail. e.g. Beauticians, Hairdressers, etc. there are loads of them. You need to start getting involved slowly, there is a process to building a relationship and that's true to say of all businesses, but again remembering 'the culture' you want to do business with....slow and steady wins the race.

Also factor in location, ha! and then to confuse you more there are regional differences. People think of the UK they automatically think of perhaps London. The great thing about the UK is that in comparision to the USA, it's small. It's only a few hours drive to anywhere and a lot less on a flight. So don't just concentrate on London or Birminghan & Leeds where the pre-launches were. Get yourself a map and take a look at surrounding large towns, look at the cities up north, further south etc. Then look for applicable forums etc. in those areas.

Research some other facts about the UK market:

The general area of cosmetics in the UK is an industry sector worth over 5 billion Sterling. Now you would need to break this down further as that is too broad, that's obviously not all your target market.

The population of the UK is 60.7 million.

For the first time in UK history the amount of personal debt has reached over 1 trillion pounds.

They too like the USA are facing an insurmountable pension crisis.

The average UK family needs two incomes to survive and that is only to keep their heads above water.

In the UK, what is known as 'cradle to grave' jobs are almost a thing of the past.

Now what do these facts mean? Yes, the UK as a whole needs to start looking at an 'alternative plan' to address some of the above, but put that in the context of network marketing. Network marketing is not the animal there that it is here. A 'significant amount of the population will completely new to it, so there begins a process of education away from 'the pyramid scheme'.

Having said that there are many succesful & respected NM companies operating in the UK such as Tupperware, Avon, Amway, to name a few. More businesses are using NM as a way to attract new business. A well respected name in the UK is 'The Body Shop', they started an NM brach of their business recently.

People from the UK also like personal contact so be prepared to make phone call, video email etc. all the technology that is available to you, while maintaining 'face to face' as much as is possible.

By the way, going back to your original question:

'Does anyone have any advice on how to market this company, opportunity, and product overseas using the Internet.'

Don't lead with the Company, it's features etc., lead with YOU and your PRODUCT and the benfits it will provide to 'potential customers'. Obviously photo testimonials are powerful, which you already use.

I've no doubt there is a lot more but that's all I have time for tonight, I'm sure other people will be helpful to you too.

Kind regards,

Michele
[url]Over 80% of our distributors broke even on their autoship within 13 weeks[/url]http://www.theblastcapdrink.com
Michele Rosborough
Company: ViSalus Sciences
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Michele Rosborough on Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:39 am

Sorry - double post - :ohmy:

Post edited by: Michele, at: 2007/10/19 06:41
[url]Over 80% of our distributors broke even on their autoship within 13 weeks[/url]http://www.theblastcapdrink.com
Michele Rosborough

Postby on Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:47 am

Michele,

Thanks so much for the information on the UK. The cultural issue is something I am aware of, but not having personally been to the UK, I am not familiar with particulars regarding the UK. So, I thank you.

I'll keep up to date as to how it is going.

I appreciate your comments,
Brian
Brian Herndon
Independent Consultant
District Manager
Arbonne International

Postby Michele Rosborough on Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:22 am

No problem Brian,

Let me know how it is going and if I can be of further help, just ask, would be happy to help.

Also there are a number of UK marketing experts that you can subscribe to their newsletter. One of my favourites is Chris Cardell, some generic stuff obviously but also some great titbits of information. His website is www.cardellmedia.co.uk and his client list is to die for!

regards,

Michele Rosborough
Michele Rosborough

Postby Patty Jones on Sun May 25, 2008 2:15 pm

Brian,
I started a new social site a few weeks back targeting people from all over the world, http://join.zenzuu.com/pattyjones, I also direct them back to this site. With adding the other site you have the opportunity to choose the country you are connecting. I have connected with people in the UK as well as Austraila. Good Luck Let me know how it goes.
Patty Jones

Postby Marica Newman on Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:40 pm

Hi there! try The renegade System it will show you how to marketing online for free. Here's the website to go to http://promotion.marketingmerge.com This system has help me and i know it will help you too.

Marica Newman

Postby Brad Flook on Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:20 am

Hi Michele,
I am writing you from the US, I am a National Director of a 10 year old company based in the Mineapolis Mn,about 10 months ago we launched our sizzle product in the UK. I am looking for Leaders that want to help launch in Southern Ireland. Arbone is a great product to beautify the outside, we are launching a product that will beautify the inside. Our company is number 728 in the list of Inc.5000 of the fastest growing companies in the US.
If you would like to know more about our product e-mail me at brflooktx@yahoo.com
We are in pre-launch right now in the Southern Ireland!
Brad Flook
682-564-5912

Brad Flook

Postby Brad Flook on Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:21 am

Re:Help marketing online overseas 2008/06/06 03:20 Karma: 0
Hi Michele,
I am writing you from the US, I am a National Director of a 10 year old company based in the Mineapolis Mn,about 10 months ago we launched our sizzle product in the UK. I am looking for Leaders that want to help launch in Southern Ireland. Arbone is a great product to beautify the outside, we are launching a product that will beautify the inside. Our company is number 728 in the list of Inc.5000 of the fastest growing companies in the US.
If you would like to know more about our product e-mail me at brflooktx@yahoo.com
We are in pre-launch right now in the Southern Ireland!
Brad Flook
682-564-5912

Brad Flook

Return to Arbonne International