Forums

Albert Einstein, declared as borderline retarded...

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

Albert Einstein, declared as borderline retarded...

Postby Marty Baker on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:25 pm

Hello Better Networkers,

Ok, this is a little rant...

Albert Einstein always had problems with spelling he also showed speech impairments.
The headmaster of the school suggested that Einstein should attend a trade school. His teachers also declared him as borderline retarded!
http://www.brighthub.com/science/space/ ... 6.aspx?p=2

So with these facts I guess we should not Listen to what Einstien had to Say, because with these short commings we must know more than he does right... Or do we?

So heres my point.

Everyone that thinks just because their grammar or spelling is better than someone else's means they know more and they should not listen to the others message needs to get over themselves. If you know what someone means by reading their content you should let the content stand on its own and stop critiquing their writing abilities.

I am not saying that a person that is posting content should not try. Everyone should proofread. Try to get the spelling right and so on... Even doing that, it is still hard to get it right.

I struggle with this every time I post content. But I know for a fact that the message I am delivering has meaning and value.

I would compare my results with the majority of the people here on BN.

So go ahead and blast away on how proper grammar and spelling means more too you then the content or how I could never follow someone that can't spell or that does not use proper grammar.

Dean, I know you will be the 1st to find something to correct, just to get your one liner so let it rip... :lol:
To Your Success
Marty Baker

Are you looking for answers? Are you tired of Struggling with your Home Business? Do you want the Secrets they are not telling you? The simple truth that will set you free.
Marty Baker
Contribution Level: 5

Re: Albert Einstein, declared as borderline retarded...

Postby Jeff Schechter on Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:56 pm

Hey Marty,

Your post makes a good point, but I can't say that I agree. When I see blatant punctuation and spelling errors, I think less of the writer. That's just me.

One of the best skills in marketing is copywriting. In some cases, street slang is good to use, because it allows the reader to identify with the writer.

It only takes 20 seconds to run your article through a spell-check before posting. The question that you need to ask yourself is this...how much more compelling can my posts be with better writing? It's all a matter of starting where you are, and striving to improve. If you are doing that, you are ahead of most people.

All the best,

Shecky
http://RockYourMLM.com
Jeff Schechter
Company: Numis Network
Contribution Level: 2

Postby Hugo Fortin on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:37 pm

Hi,

There some good points here.

It's important to write the best we can. Everyone have their own difficulties. Sometime, you just need to be more tolerant.

Most of the peoples look at the outside (how the message is written) instead of the inside (what the message really means). Sometime, it's not the right things to do. People will always stays people.

Always improving yourself it's really crucial to your own success.

Sorry, if I did few mistakes. English is not my first language. I only did my best to write the best I can.

bye

Hugo
Hugo Fortin
Company: WorldVentures
Contribution Level: 2

Postby Adam Taha on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:35 pm

I know this guy, he's a mechanic. He can build cars from scratch. Take engine out, into pieces and put it back together. Can't spell that great. Grammer is the pits.

The other side of road is a car show garage. They great at writing awesome specifications, all squeaky clean, can do same.

I went for the first guy. He had the knowledge I needed. Didn't give a damn about his grammer. I wanted his knowledge. He fixed my car, added some things other shop couldn't. He could.

By the way, I'm dyslexic. People come to me not for my grammer and brillaint writing. Trust me on this.

They come because, "Hey adam, how the heck do you add an mp3 player on facebook fan page, with a comment box below and a share button?"

I even replied, to help, but cash, and...I spelt some words wrong on reply. He didn't care. He paid and got his answer.

The solicitor was the same. I had 3 who was so awesome at writing detailed reports. But...they failed in deep knowledge of the tax. Which they said they knew so my friend can sort out the tax who tried to bullly him.

So found one man, whose report has spelling errors and some grammers. But in it was details that would help my friend. I called with my friend he explained ways to sort them out. He shared so much knowledge, how his problem can be sorted.

It impressed my friend and me.

One month later, my friend walks out of the courts, after winning against Tax revenue for their arrogance in not admitting their mistakes and sorting it out.

So it depends what one is looking for. Knowledge on how to, or spelling and grammer.

Adam Taha
The funniest thing about this particular signature is...by the time you realise it - it really doesn't say anything...and it's too late to stop reading it
Adam Taha
Contribution Level: 8

Postby Marty Baker on Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:28 pm

shecky wrote:Hey Marty,

Your post makes a good point, but I can't say that I agree. When I see blatant punctuation and spelling errors, I think less of the writer. That's just me.

Shecky,
Thanks for the feedback... I just find it hard to believe that you put punctuation and spelling in front of the message. I will agree the eaiser something is to read the more you can get out of it. But to think less of someone for it blows me away...

hugofortin wrote:Hi,
There some good points here.

Thanks
Hugo

thedarkroom wrote:By the way, I'm dyslexic. People come to me not for my grammer and brillaint writing. Trust me on this.

They come because, "Hey adam, how the heck do you add an mp3 player on facebook fan page, with a comment box below and a share button?"

I even replied, to help, but cash, and...I spelt some words wrong on reply. He didn't care. He paid and got his answer.

Adam Taha

Thanks
Adam
To Your Success
Marty Baker

Are you looking for answers? Are you tired of Struggling with your Home Business? Do you want the Secrets they are not telling you? The simple truth that will set you free.
Marty Baker
Contribution Level: 5

Return to Main MLM Discussion