Forums

Who has the best leadership development program?

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

Re: Who has the best leadership development program?

Postby Jose Paclibare on Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:35 am

Thanks a lot Nate, Elwood, Shelly, Dave, Richie, Reynaldo, Mike, Ron, Jeff, Juanita and Tom for taking the time share your experiences and wisdom. There is so much that you shared that it's not that easy to comprehend in just one sitting.

So, can somebody please help me make some sort of analysis (or even a matrix perhaps) of what should be the criteria one should be looking for when evaluating leadership development programs and what do the various programs have to offer.

I guess we will be needing more inputs from others.

Wouldn't it be nice if we can have at least in one place a comparison of the various leadership development programs out there (as measured against a "gold standard"), for the ready reference of a beginner. Is it really do-able or is it asking too much?

What do you think? :)

Jose
Jose Paclibare
Contribution Level: 2

Postby Juanita Waterman on Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:06 am

1. Do they have a person who is Building a MLM Today on line.
Some one who has Succeeded in this industry. This is a good thing

2. Are there Leaders available around the Clock this is a good thing
3. Is the Training live and Interactive or Just a Call you listen to and at the end they sell you a cd or some other program they just came out with. Run from these
4. do they teach you how to advertise on Line for little or no cost. So you do not go in debt building a Business.
5. Do they Threaten you and say if you do not come to this 500 dollar event you will not succeed. Run from these
6. Do you have to buy more and more training and it is more expensive each time run from these.
7. Do they teach you to buy leads and Sell you skript books. Run from these
8. Cheap is not always BEst but When you have a learning curve ahead of you FREE is Best.
9. HOw much Training a Week anything less then 10 hours is not good.

10. are the calls archived so that you can go over them again and again till you get it.
11. Is there someone to help you call your leads with you till you feel you can do it?

there I said it

Juanita Waterman
Ask me about the 100% commission Recruiting Tool http://SecretIncomeNow.com
All the best
Juanita Waterman
Skype Juanita.Waterman
716 304 0277 anytime
Juanita Waterman
Company: Empower Network, LLC
Contribution Level: 9

Postby Ron Ward on Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:07 am

Jose,
With all the programs out there it can get very confusing. If you are really looking for true leadership and not just fishing, then do yourself a favor and go to youtube and lookup Orrin Woodward TEAM Leadership. There are many videos you can watch and see for yourself.Those events generally host 25 to 35 thousand loyal people. Leadership quality is determined by how many people are following. If a leader looks behind him and nobody is there, then he is only out for a walk. You plug into the Team training system and you will never regret it. There are currently 4000-5000 people joining him every week. What else do I need to say (really). the-team.biz 1 million and beyond
Ron Ward www.hotbusinesstrends.biz
Ron Ward
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Ricardo Gonzalez on Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:34 am

Firemybosses wrote:Go to any USMC site and get the 14 NCO leadership traits here is a link:http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/usmc/leadership_traits.htm
That is just a start, I tell you this because leaders are not born they are taught and trained. I was also an NCO in the Marine Corps. A lot of top execs and business owners are the result from leadership school in the corps. Also check out these books: The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader and The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John C Maxwell. Awesome books. Thats my 2 cents worth

That's what I call help on the line! Good advice and realistic. I've never been in the military but I know that leadership is a very big part of the Army, Navy, Marines, etc. life. Great leaders need real training not just a system or a bunch of books that promises to make you the best Network Marketing leader out there. And again, John Maxwell ....

I like Juanita's latest comment (hoping that she's not using a subliminal message to bring you to Mentoring for FREE, nothing wrong but out of topic). She has given you great points that you should consider when choosing any type of training out there. The best way to become a leader is to learn and apply in real life situations. I am sorry to say it this way but here is my opinion: NO SINGLE PROGRAM OUT THERE IS GOING TO MAKE YOU A LEADER. YOU WILL DETERMINE WHAT IS NEEDED WHEN YOUR FIND YOUR MISSION AND WHAT IT TAKES TO LEAD YOUR PEOPLE TO THE PROMISED LAND!

I learned most of my leadership skills in church, not in the business field. That may not be norm for everybody but I am sure that a lot of marketers are looking for a Super Network Marketer that can give them a golden key to success. To my surprise, most of the big shots that I know are not great leaders, some are good in business and close great deals, others are connected with great leaders, some are even phony leaders that pose as the top of the industry and sell the "Best Leadership" courses but in real life are not exercising any type of leadership.

There are people in your life that can give you a lot more than any purchased program. I like to talk to and read about leaders like Pastors, Mayors, Military Generals, Football coaches and the like. THese are some general examples. You get the idea...
Ricardo Gonzalez

Postby Tim O'Dell on Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:43 pm

4mywealth wrote:As an enlisted soldier in the Army and then later going to OCS (Officer Candidate School) and becoming an officer, I have to agree with Mike. The military does a great job of teaching and training on leadership. Any branch, well maybe not the Air Force, kind of tough to learn leadership when you're living the good life. j/k AF peeps.

Now that probably doesn't help anyone reading these post that wasn't in the military. So outside of visiting a combat zone for the extra $100 per month hazard duty pay, I'd say find great leaders that you admire and respect and follow their example. All great leaders lead by example.

Blue Skies,
Jeff

Jeff I could not agree more. I am an engineer and corporate trainer by trade and training and have been in the NWM industry going on 15 years now.
I also had the privilege of being an airborne sniper in the army where I got to deal with all the branches. I have to say the “elite” units in the military hands down has the best leadership training in the world – this is particularly difficult considering they are leading a volunteer force
Click “Here” to visit Tim's Home on the web
Tim O'Dell

Postby Morten L. Andersen on Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:52 pm

Check out Jim Rohns Leadership weekend seminar (DVD), I've heard a lot of good things about it...

I'm currently going through "The Billionaire Way" by Robert L. Cox, and so far that looks really great, another thing you might want to check out...

Morten L. Andersen
Morten L. Andersen

Postby Lawrence Bergfeld on Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:36 pm

The one who is least likely to have any form of mistrust and trains people to be the best they can be. They are upfront with the people who they want to work with and they don't make them waste their time investing their money in a venture that is not likely to pay their childrens children. My e-book will get into details.

Lawrence Bergfeld
LINK / CONTENT REMOVED by Betternetworker Support

For more information on rules and guidelines:
http://www.betternetworker.com/page/bet ... guidelines
Lawrence Bergfeld
Contribution Level: 4

Postby Jose Paclibare on Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:13 am

Thanks so much Juanita, Ron, Richie, Timothy, Morten, and Lawrence for your additional inputs.

Richie expressed his opinion that:

NO SINGLE PROGRAM OUT THERE IS GOING TO MAKE YOU A LEADER. YOU WILL DETERMINE WHAT IS NEEDED WHEN YOUR FIND YOUR MISSION AND WHAT IT TAKES TO LEAD YOUR PEOPLE TO THE PROMISED LAND!

If my understanding is right, based on what Richie said, no single program (within and outside the network marketing industry) can ever claim to be the best. So, when an upline leader and his team claim that their program is the best (or even hint by giving criteria that suit their particular program), they are not being accurate.

Is that right? What do you guys think?

Thanks once again. :)

Jose
Jose Paclibare

Postby John Counsel on Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:29 am

G'day gang :D

Before there can be any kind of consensus on the best leadership development program, it's necessary to agree on what leadership actually is.

Most experts agree that leadership is all about vision.

There are THREE hallmarks of true leadership:

1. A true leader has the ability to create a clear and compelling vision of a reality that doesn't yet exist.

2. A true leader has the ability to communicate that vision to those who have the resources needed to realize that vision (because the leader doesn't yet have them).

3. A true leader has the ability to inspire and motivate those people to contribute their resources (through win-win exchanges) to help realize that vision.

In network marketing, the reality that doesn't yet exist is typically two-fold…

• A reality that doesn't yet exist for the leader — based on someone else's existing reality.
  • A reality that doesn't yet exist for the other person — their prospect or downline member, whose resources they need to achieve that first reality — based on someone else's existing reality.

By the way, communicating your vision to anyone whose resources you don't need is often seen as braggingnot a true leadership quality.

The Bottom Line: Leadership is about knowledge, insight, attitude and skills — all of which can be taught and learned. So it can be duplicated.

This is the REAL strength and vitality of REAL network marketing.

Hope this helps! :D

John Counsel
CEO, The Profit Clinic
They don't call me the Jiminy Cricket of MLM because we share the same initials!
If you like the idea of MLM with a conscience, you'll LOVE http://REALnetworkmarketing.com. (Free Podcasts coming!)
John Counsel

Postby annalaura brown on Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:31 am

I also am not sure if there is a best program but I personally really recommend anything by John Maxwell. His books are amazing.
Finally, the truth about online network marketing. Learn about the myths and truths about the internet and network marketing.
http://www.internetworkmarketingwealth.com
annalaura brown
Company: dōTERRA International, LLC
Contribution Level: 3

PreviousNext

Return to Main MLM Discussion