Forums

Who has the best leadership development program?

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

Who has the best leadership development program?

Postby Jose Paclibare on Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:38 pm

As we all know, the power of network marketing lies on duplication. And only leaders can really duplicate. Leaders create not followers but fellow leaders.

Network marketing is actually a "leadership development" business.

Can you please share with us who do you think has the best leadership development program out there? What makes that program exceptional?

Am asking this question because I have always been interested in finding ways to help transform ordinary people into leaders (and that's the essence of network marketing, I believe). Our discussion may also benefit others who are still making their choices right now. And even those who are already satisfied with what they have may also benefit by learning strategies which they can apply to further improve what they have.

Thanks so much for sharing your time and wisdom. :)

Jose
Last edited by hightrustnetworkmarketer on Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jose Paclibare
Contribution Level: 2

Re: Who has the best leadership development program?

Postby Nathaniel Johnson on Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:03 pm

the best leadership program I have found has been these betternetworker forums :)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Nathaniel Johnson
Contribution Level: 6

Postby Elwood Crane on Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:23 pm

The best leadership program is the one that works best for you. Don't take the first one that you find. Check mine, check his and check theirs before committing you time and money.

LIVE YOUR DREAMS...hope you have an "09" that is full of happiness and prosperity.
Want to get rich fast I can't help you. If you want to build a financial future my free e book can save years of frustration and failure. "MENTAL PREPAREDNESS" COACHING"
http://twitter.com/helpformlm
From The Heart
Elwood
Elwood Crane
Contribution Level: 5

Postby Shelly Allen on Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:31 pm

Hi Jose!

I'm not sure if there is a 'best leadership development program'!

I have learned from a variety of leaders, books, cd's, etc. (And am still constantly learning)

I've also have learned A LOT from Better Networker and following the people who:
1. I am 'attracted' to and connect with.
2. I have learned to trust by their helpfulness.

Hope this helps a bit....it's how I see things!

Shelly
Be Careful... I BITE!
Shelly Allen
Contribution Level: 4

Postby Dave Wellman on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:26 am

Leadership .... it is such a powerful word and such a misunderstood one as well.

I have been involved in businesses where the "leaders" said. "This is the way we build our business. There is no better way. If there was don't you think we would be doing it!"

I had one "leader" who said, "If you want my help, you have to build like I do. If you don't you are on your own."

To me, neither of these represents leadership. I also don't like the leader who reinforces my low self-esteem by telling me that if I don't make it, it is my own fault. (However, if I do make it, it is because of his wise counsel and leadership.)

The best leadership system is one in which:

1. The leaders see themselves as servants to their team.
2. The leaders, as servants, genuinely see their job to be the success of their team members.
3. The leaders have the ability to help their team members adapt the whole business opportunity to their skills, talents, and abilities instead of trying to change the fundamental nature of their team members.

This kind of leadership takes WORK, TIME, and EFFORT on the part of the leader. It requires genuine care and concern for those they bring into the business. It is not for the "fast-building, leave the losers in the dust, faint-at-heart leaders" so prevalent in the industry today.

This kind of leadership requires a basic shift in the way things are done in the industry today. Just like most things going on in the world today, people are tired of being abused and taken advantage of. I think that if you are going to be successful for the long-term, you are going to have to be this kind of leader.

Just my thoughts ....
Dave Wellman

Postby Ricardo Gonzalez on Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:25 pm

Hello fellas! This is a great topic and I have been questioned about the same several times. That's because my life has been blessed by great leaders and students as well. Being a leader myself almost my whole life has given me the opportunity to explore this topic for many years especially as a church member and mentor.

Leadership is a very important quality of humans, we are created to dominate on Earth, but for centuries we have failed to dominate and manage our own self. A great leader has qualities like this and more, lots more. Network Marketing alone is not enough source to teach the best leadership or create the best program. The best leadership programs are not available from fellow Network Marketers, at least not yet. Don't get me wrong, there are a bunch of great programs but most are derivated from the real creators.

I am not going to point specific titles but I will tell you a few hints as to where to look. Some of the best Leadership programs are from Political and Religious leaders and mentors. I have found great leadership material from greats like John Maxwell, Paul Yonghi Cho and the best, Jesus.

Believe it or not some bad guys in history were actually great leaders who managed to lead masses into a bunch of lies and even make these people die for the ideal! Their concepts and ideas were bad but their leadership was awesome. It may not appeal to you but great leaders like Alexander, Mussolini, Mahoma, Gandhi and many others could teach any Network Marketer how to build an empire.

There a lot of great programs out there and I am sure we can all benefit from using them. I beleive you should enjoy reading about Leadership and grab the best from the vast amount of great historical writings out there.

In business you can try Dale Carnegie, one of the best schools. I believe a great leader makes thousand of leaders not just followers and Dale Carnegie did that and his legacy is still working on it. Good luck to you!
There are many others so enjoy your study and research!

Merry Christmas everybody!
Richie Gonzalez
Network Marketing Consultant
Founder of Better Life Science

Are You On The Right Team?
http://www.GodBless.My4Life.com
http://www.BetterLifeScience.com (Spanish)

Email: RichieG@BetterLifeScience.com
Ricardo Gonzalez

Postby mike gaiser on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:05 pm

Go to any USMC site and get the 14 NCO leadership traits here is a link:http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/usmc/leadership_traits.htm
That is just a start, I tell you this because leaders are not born they are taught and trained. I was also an NCO in the Marine Corps. A lot of top execs and business owners are the result from leadership school in the corps. Also check out these books: The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader and The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John C Maxwell. Awesome books. Thats my 2 cents worth
mike gaiser

Postby Jeff Atherton on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:22 pm

As an enlisted soldier in the Army and then later going to OCS (Officer Candidate School) and becoming an officer, I have to agree with Mike. The military does a great job of teaching and training on leadership. Any branch, well maybe not the Air Force, kind of tough to learn leadership when you're living the good life. j/k AF peeps.

Now that probably doesn't help anyone reading these post that wasn't in the military. So outside of visiting a combat zone for the extra $100 per month hazard duty pay, I'd say find great leaders that you admire and respect and follow their example. All great leaders lead by example.

Blue Skies,
Jeff
More Leads! More Cash Flow! The Secrets of the Marketing Funnel Revealed in this
FREE MLM eBook
Jeff Atherton

Postby Juanita Waterman on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:44 pm

Jose I paid alot of Money to the Leadership Programs. However the Best one I ever joined was Mentoring for Free. And best of all it is FREE. I went from Rags to Success with that one. Money Back Guarenteed. LOL its Free. So do not have to ask for your money Back.
Your Friend for Life
Juanita Waterman
Ask me about the 100% commission Recruiting Tool http://SecretIncomeNow.com
All the best
Juanita Waterman
Skype Juanita.Waterman
716 304 0277 anytime
Juanita Waterman
Company: Empower Network, LLC
Contribution Level: 9

Postby Guest on Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:22 pm

Great Q!!! First I read all of the comments before I post one! A tool often over looked by many of the members, Most of the comments filled in the answer, b/c there is no right answer. First define a LEADER!! Is a leader not so, in the eyes of his followers. Example take the world leaders, imagine putting them as born in other countries, would they have risen to the top in that culture? Probably Not.

Look at the goal of the group, who is best qualified to achieve that goal, combined with communication and delegagation skills is the best choice for a leader of that group. On the practical side, my group is comprised of leaders with varying, real world corporate skills. who share tactics, strategies and then define missions for the group that are efficient, doable and very targeted. We avoid duplication of effort, and are streamlined in our endeavors, covering more marketing venues than the average MLM group because we leave little to chance and give our people real direction, and get real results! We treat this like a business, because it is a business!! To Leaarn or train leaders the best Site is IGlobal. but it costs $. there is a group of famous trainers there, but BN is good too, you just have to find the right people.
Tom Savas, Gain Consulting Group,LLC.

Next

Return to Main MLM Discussion