Forums

Facebook ~ 5 things to avoid!

Got questions about the content within the MLM Traffic Formula course? Get them answered here!

Moderator: admin

Facebook ~ 5 things to avoid!

Postby Dave Hayes on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:49 am

I am sure this may not be news to the more experienced of marketers in this forum, but for those who may be slightly newer, or less experienced, this may be of use and benefit. If you are marketing online, then the emphasis is on driving traffic to your website, or blog :) and one of those strategies is facebook however, while this is a great strategy, you might like to be aware of 5 things to avoid, or you risk losing all your accounts permanently

1) messaging people you don't know

2) this one surprised me, but I know of some who have encountered it... using facebooks features, a but too quickly

3) Requesting friends you don't know

4) What some more inexperienced marketers tend to do copy and paste multiple posts on different pages

5) Use a Banned URL EG; For anytype of business or moneymaking venture, onen that springs to mind as an example Empower Network

I have posted this here, as a reminder to those of you, who do, or have thought about those type of tactics, avoid them and you'll keep your Facebook page

Applied Education is the difference :)
See how others are making money on facebook 'Like' & share,
have fun, make money Find out more http://tcpros.co/gdyTL
Dave Hayes
Company: Global Virtual Opportunities
Contribution Level: 10

Re: Facebook ~ 5 things to avoid!

Postby Arron Lee Harrison on Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:42 pm

Hi Dave!

Great points!Those are really helpful for starters in this industry especially in Facebook. If you also have a Facebook page, I would like to share some mistakes to avoid:

1. Don’t ignore comments - they make the effort and make time to leave a comment or reply within a thread on your Facebook Page & they want to know if you’re listening and are truly concern so,value these fans who give life to your page

2. Don’t post with shortened URLs - provide a short catchy caption so it will make sense to the readers
3. Don’t be pushy - you're just pushing them away, pull them back instead with a mind centered to your fans and not to your self

What else did I miss? :D :) 8-)
Arron Lee Harrison
Company: MyLeadSystemPRO
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Peter Faye on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:52 pm

I don't totally agree on you on this...
Especially messaging people you don't know.... That is a MUST if you want to grow your business and increase the amount of relationships you have.

Strangers turn into Friends who turn into Business Partners! ;)
The Best Internet and Network Marketing Training for Free!
http://www.BestofNetworkMarketing.net
Peter Faye
Contribution Level: 2

Postby Arron Lee Harrison on Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:23 am

When you contact people with unwanted content or requests in Facebook, that is spamming already. This includes sending bulk messages, excessively posting links or images to people's Timelines and sending friend requests to people you don't know personally. Spamming is a violation of Facebook's Community Standards. Actually, there are different types of spam methods:
1. Phishing
2. Malware
3. Sharebaiting
4. Self-XSS
5. Clickjacking
6. Access token theft
7. Bad apps

Facebook take the safety of their members seriously and work to prevent attempts to compromise their privacy or security. They also ask that we respect their members by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent. :) So, spamming is really a no-no lest, you will be reported/banned. :)
Arron Lee Harrison

Postby Dave Hayes on Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:15 am

PeterMFL wrote:I don't totally agree on you on this...
Especially messaging people you don't know.... That is a MUST if you want to grow your business and increase the amount of relationships you have.

Strangers turn into Friends who turn into Business Partners! ;)

Peter,

Thanks for the reply and your comments. I'm not sure, when you last read, or reviewed Facebooks, terms of service, but messaging people you don't know, is one way of losing your facebook account. I wasn't aware of it, myself, until checking out some material which was considered 'close' to the mark.

In terms of the banned URLs, again, they don't allow, many, if any URLs which are deemed to be money making opportunities.

I do agree with you, that you need to attract those, who you don't know and there are many, who do need a little help with marketing, thats for sure, but there are diferent ways to attract those people to you, one of those is by producing content which gets you around the post I originally wrote

Hope this is of benefit

Applied education is the difference :D
See how others are making money on facebook 'Like' & share,
have fun, make money Find out more http://tcpros.co/gdyTL
Dave Hayes
Company: Global Virtual Opportunities
Contribution Level: 10

Postby Arron Lee Harrison on Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:54 pm

I affirm you Dave especially on this part " you need to attract those, who you don't know and there are many, who do need a little help with marketing, thats for sure, but there are diferent ways to attract those people to you, one of those is by producing content which gets you around the post I originally wrote"

..Forums are just one of those modes that you can attract those people who need help and you don't know. :)
Arron Lee Harrison

Postby Anders Jørgensen on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:41 am

Another thing to avoid on FB is:

Any network marketing/MLM/money making groups that you can find.

As I call it the object of such groups: Gentlemen blast you biz here!

As you can guess nobody cares or interact. It is so inefficient to do.
Tap Into This No B.S. System For Collecting 100% Commissions Every Single Day On Autopilot. Click Here To Watch This Epic 57 Minute Video.

http://friedmett.elitemarketingpro.com/
Anders Jørgensen
Contribution Level: 3

Postby Brent Fruzia on Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:06 am

I run facebook ads for my website but I get no response. :cry:

I would say to save your money.
Brent Fruzia

Postby Gomer Magtibay on Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:25 pm

@Brent Fruzia: I agree that advertising on Facebook is a sure money pit if you don't know what you're doing. But there are a lot of people here who are doing great advertising on Facebook. Have you figured out what went wrong? Maybe you need to improve yourself on that field, since others are doing well with it.
Gomer Magtibay
Contribution Level: 3

Postby Roy JR on Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:28 am

[quote="PeterMFL"]I don't totally agree on you on this...

I think people get annoyed when getting contacted by people they don't know, especially when the person contacting them is running a business. I think FB are really touchy about this too.

I'm thinking it would be better to entice them some way to contact you with an offer of some sort but then the problem is getting them to find you. I think FB really want people to advertise with them and are making it harder for people to do stuff the free way.

Roy JR

Return to MLM Traffic Formula Course