Now being a 'Leader' is someone who by example and through coaching obtains the best out of their followers be they employees or colleagues so that they work over and above everyones expectations to achieve remarkable results. That would be the ideal. There have been many great leaders throughout history, many of them army generals, Winston Churchill, Colin Powell, and even the late great Steve Jobs. Ok Steve was not an army general, but the way in which he lead his company from being the bottom of the market and nearly on their way out of business to becoming the top brand and industry leader is exceptional.
There are many exceptional leaders in the MLM and Network Marketing industry, many of which did not start out in that way. A leader is someone you become. You only become that person when you have people interested in what you have to say, or people who have been affected by what it is you do in a positive way. There must be a commonalilty between you and the people who look to you as a leader.
John Maxwell in his book "The 21 IrrefutableLaws of Leadership" expresses the qualities of leaders explicitly.
"A great leader's courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position." John Maxwell
Here are some of the qualities of a 'good leader' which has been recognised through the ages and ones which we should all aspire to if we are to become leaders within ourselves.
- A Leader is someone who is willing to take action.
- Someone who is willing to be accountable for their actions
- Someone who stands by what they say, but is also willing to take on board what others say and admit where they may be wrong.
- Listens actively to others and takes their suggestions on board.
- Encourages others to 'step up'
- Promotes leaders from within the organistion or company or department and encourages them.
- Someone who is willing to walk the walk and talk the talk and is seen doing so.
- Someone who regularly comes out of their comfort zone in order to stretch themselves and learn new things.
- Someone who is always learning new things in life, reading, doing, seeing, going places.
- Someone who shares their experiences and feelings with others and encourages them to go out there and discover the 'inner' strength inside them.
- Someone who makes a difference, a positive difference in others lives.
- Someone who is selfless and looks out for others first and foremost before looking out for themselves.
A nauseating MLM statistic: 97% of MLM'ers make under $10.00
per week! Are you one of them? You don't have to be! Learn how
the top female and male entrepreneurs build empires:
CONTENT REMOVED by Better Networker Support