Forums

Average Opt-In Rate to be Profitable

Use this forum for general talk about affiliate programs and training.

Moderator: Senior Members

Average Opt-In Rate to be Profitable

Postby Rob Fore on Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:55 am

This morning I was asked, "What is the average optin rate for a splash page?" and, frankly, I have no idea what AVERAGE even means when it comes to online marketing.

But what I do know is THIS PAGE (http://www.plannedmlmprofits.com/) is pulling in 45% consistently and when you take a look at it... notice, there is nothing fancy going on. Nothing. Just a tease...

I have noticed you can dramatically increase optin rates by DECREASING the amount of text and graphics on the page, in most cases. The BEST practice is to always split test - create 2 or 3 pages and split the traffic between them to find the one that does convert the best. This then becomes YOUR average for that specific offer.

Bless and be blessed,
Rob Fore
Company: SendOutCards
Contribution Level: 7

Re: Average Opt-In Rate to be Profitable

Postby JC Munoz on Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:48 am

It is not just about the opt-in rate.

What is most important is that you are driving quality traffic of people who are ready to buy.

If you get 100% opt in rate but no one is interested in your niche you won't even profit from it on the future.

To your success,
JC
FREE 7 Day Video Series
Build your own online business from scratch
Learn how to generate leads and grow your list
JC Munoz
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Evan Mitchell on Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:15 am

I've found that anything converting at 1 in 3 or over is a good landing page and gives you the platform to drive profitable campaigns. I have, of course, seen wild fluctuations and it is sometimes difficult to understand why.

The main drivers for me (and clients) are as follows:

1) Traffic source, are the clicks which are coming onto your LP targetted and congruent what your LP is offering?
2) Cost of traffic - platforms like Youtube can be expensive but will usually be more highly targeted (see point 1). Getting the price point right is critical if you have an aggressive ROI Target (this is of course critical to success when doing digital agency work)
3) Consistency - no point in having a 50% opt in rate for 1 day for it to drop to 5% the next.

Getting all 3 correct is what drives the $ in my experience

Agree that the best way to drive this up is to split test and find out what converts best in a particular niche for a particular avatar

Evan Mitchell - GhostRock Digital
Click the Link for FREE 7 Video Series on how you can leverage the digital economy to earn with only a laptop and internet connection.http://ghostrockdigital.com/lp1
Evan Mitchell
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Dave Hayes on Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:39 am

Rob_Fore wrote:This morning I was asked, "What is the average optin rate for a splash page?" and, frankly, I have no idea what AVERAGE even means when it comes to online marketing.

But what I do know is THIS PAGE (http://www.plannedmlmprofits.com/) is pulling in 45% consistently and when you take a look at it... notice, there is nothing fancy going on. Nothing. Just a tease...

I have noticed you can dramatically increase optin rates by DECREASING the amount of text and graphics on the page, in most cases. The BEST practice is to always split test - create 2 or 3 pages and split the traffic between them to find the one that does convert the best. This then becomes YOUR average for that specific offer.

Bless and be blessed,

Good post Rob...

I have to say, I agree with you less is more

Like most people I test and track daily and have a page for my fanpage system, which gets 100% optin rates regularly from which, I get 80% conversions regularly

It is totally insane, but just works

Applied education is the difference
See how others are making money on facebook 'Like' & share,
have fun, make money Find out more http://tcpros.co/gdyTL
Dave Hayes
Company: Global Virtual Opportunities
Contribution Level: 10

Return to General Affiliate Training