Forums

All This Talk About "You Inc."

Get your questions answered by other leaders in the mlm & home business industry on any topics, as well as share your ideas and be recognized as a home business leader.

Moderator: admin

All This Talk About "You Inc."

Postby James Grandstaff on Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:27 pm

My name is James Grandstaff and I wanted to ask you a question...

But first I would like to say that I'm a huge fan of the "You Inc" concept and "My Story" marketing. Once I learned the concept of "me marketing" (that's the term I was taught from my mentor) my life was completely transformed within a few short months.

So what's your take on it?

Do you need a "real story" of "how you did it" or can you borrow a story from your sponsor?

What are you teaching your new downline members?

I'm curious as to what's really working for you and your team.
- James Grandstaff
Follow me on Twitter
James Grandstaff
Company: Global Domains International, Inc
Contribution Level: 2

Re: All This Talk About "You Inc."

Postby John Murphy on Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:43 pm

I think you have to practice whatever it is that your preach! If you tell people about what you are doing, DO IT!!!

I teach my entire organization how to do just about everything through our training system. But more importantly, you have to figure out "how to" generate leads for yourself. Far too many people are promising their "personally branded system" when in reality they have no track record of success with what they are talking about.

Generating leads is easy. Being successful is easy. It comes down to know the right stuff to do to get results.
“Discover The Cold Hard Truth About Creating a Full Time Income"

I'm NOT a GURU!

Let's Tweet on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/johntsmurphy
John Murphy
Contribution Level: 4

Postby James Grandstaff on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:13 pm

Thanks John. I agree totally. Every member must be self motivated and figure out how to generate their own leads. That's cool that you have a training site for your peeps too :)
- James Grandstaff
Follow me on Twitter
James Grandstaff

Postby Jeffrey Thomson on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:36 pm

I am a big fan of the You Inc. idea and I do share the idea with folks whether they join my organization or not, I think at some level everyone really needs to take a hard look at their income and career and make some decisions. I don't think everyone is necessarily ready for the truth but times are a changing and when I share this info and idea with people now I believe that when they are ready some may actually remember me. I do think it should be your story you tell and everyone has a story, it isn’t always as fully developed as we want it to be but that shouldn’t stop us. When I am trying to get someon to join my team or opportunity and they want to know how successful I am before they join, I know they are really just trying to convince themselves, but I tell them my story and my goals and tell them just how far along the way I already am and if they don’t start soon they are just putting off the inevitable.
Jeffrey Thomson
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Cynthia Acoff on Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:36 pm

My program has an amazing training site. It teaches everything from the basics for the newbie to the advanced marketer. The training is unlimited, daily, including weekends. It trains online and offline techniqes. I start my downline off by having them tap into the business training for 4 weeks as I mentor them. I then expose them to different things I come across and experiement with. Sometimes my downline teaches me a thing or two. That's great! :D
Cynthia Acoff

Postby Mike Morgan on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:16 pm

You, Inc is YOUR business - and no one else's. Successful or struggling. Popular or unknown.

Alot of people have this 'You,Inc' stuff drilled in their brain...(everyday here....lol), but they lack the knowledge of telling their story. That's how people relate and feel comfortable with WHATEVER you have to offer. Even with those who open up and share their story, creativity still must be in effect. Boring people suck....sorry if anybody boring is reading this. People want to be entertained, or at least get a laugh or two.

I have been working hard on Me, Inc - and I think it's time to teach the millions of folks who don't know what they heck their doing.

They hear about these new school methods and I'm sure some think to themselves,"How on earth is someone going to teach ME how to be ME?"

With everyone teaching "Attraction Marketing"...it's up to ME (and You) to break it down further - and most people don't wanna "self-improve" to improve YOU,INC.

Leaders know how to teach, lead, and also follow.

That's what makes a strong YOU - and a strong Inc.
"Ninja" Mike Morgan.

Mooost of us here own Magnetic Sponsoring

WARNING:This Page Contains Psychological Sales Secrets Only To Be Used By Those Who Want Lots of Money!

Plus (4) Unreleased Products!!
Mike Morgan

Postby Deborah Tutnauer on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:19 pm

Branding yourself..that is creating your "Me, Inc." is not necessarily about presenting yourself as an screaming MLM success story or an uber guru. It is presenting yourself as you, with your unique strengths and personality traits. It is offering value based on your own experiences but also on things you research and areas that you've learned about and can teach others. You must be sincere in what you put out there...people are attracted to sincerity. Even if you have not yet become a network marketing superstar...you can still develop a Me, INc that will attract people who are interested in having a relationship with someone like you.

As for telling people the details of how you are doing in terms of finances and numbers..this is a topic that is more about them then about you. In MLM, a new person may do better than you've ever done...or you could be doing great and they may never make it...how well you are doing is really no reflection at all on how well they will do. They need to decide on the merits of how you relate to each other and how they feel you can help them as their upline..and of course all the assorted pillars of a good company and opportunity
I help Frustrated Entrepreneurs get real about Money, Marketing and Meaning.

Transformational Success Coaching begins with a Click and and an Appointment!
Deborah Tutnauer

Postby James Grandstaff on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:37 pm

Mike Morgan... I like your style. Thanks for the comment. We still need to chat on the phone my friend. Let's shoot for later this week or early next ;)
- James Grandstaff
Follow me on Twitter
James Grandstaff

Postby annalaura brown on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:25 am

You Inc as I see it is about selling yourself and your unique talents and abilities to potential business partners. It is about letting them see you and not just what the company has to offer. It is about building relationships.
Finally, the truth about online network marketing. Learn about the myths and truths about the internet and network marketing.
http://www.internetworkmarketingwealth.com
annalaura brown
Company: dōTERRA International, LLC
Contribution Level: 3

Postby Brian Robertson on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:28 am

I've gotta be honest, I never heard so much talk about "You Inc." until I started hanging out over here in these BN forums... just curious where this concept came from... is it from a specific book? or what?
Brian Robertson

Next

Return to Main MLM Discussion