Please note that weddings don't just occur once in a person's life (remember Elizabeth Taylor?). So connecting with them and being a resource will help. You can never tell where you will get referrals once you have established a relationship with them. That's called network marketing!
I'm going to give you a Great tip for your weddings business:
I hope you have heard of Joe Girard. For those of you that have never heard of Joe Girard,he is in the Guiness Book of World Records as the man who has sold more automobiles on a personal 1 to 1 basis then any other person! In fact, he sold 13,001 cars at a Chevrolet dealership in Detroit between 1963 & 1978. All the sales were retail and non-wholesale sales of first hand vehicles.
Folks lined up to buy cars from him. When they needed another car, they went to Joe. They sent their neighbors to buy from him. Joe Girard cared about people. He cared about his clients, and they knew it. How did they know?
Joe Girard sent each and every customer a greeting card every single month. He sent so many cards that he had to hire two full-time assistants to address, handwrite and stamp them all.
If you ask Joe how he did, he would tell you he built his business on referrals. How did Joe keep his name in front of his clients? He sent out postcards every month. He kept a file on all his clients so he could remember birthdays, anniversaries, any holiday or special occassion that came into his mind he sent out a card! Its been reported that Joe sent out over 16,000 handwritten cards a month!!!
If marketing using cards can work for Joe in such a competive market such as automobile sales, then it can work for any market out there!
Here's more good stuff:
These are some things that Joe shared while in Singapore in 2008.
1. Success is the result of staying focused and taking one step at a time. By staying focused, we have time to plant our seeds. There are certain actions that will “kill” us:
a. Sneaking away from work to play a little golf.
b. Having a long lunch or leaving early.
2. If you are in sales, you should avoid having lunch with our work colleagues. Everyday, we should have a lunch appointment that will help us build our business. It would be even better if they were positive people.
3. Always smile and listen. “I like you” is Joe’s golden mantra.
4. It’s all about service. The real sale begins after the sale. The service is what differentiates the salespeople from one another. One thing that Joe did was to send his customers a thank you card and follow up with another phone call a few days later. He also sends them a referral card offering to reward his customers for giving him referrals. He also sends them a handwritten greeting card every month of the year. The number of cards reached more than 16,000 per month and he had to hire people to help him do it. As a result of the repeated exposure to Joe, such was his customers’ impression of Joe that when Guiness Book of World Records started to call up some of them to audit his sales, all of the buyers could recall Joe by name. Everyone in the family knew who Joe was.
5. Giving out tons of his namecards is another of Joe’s strategy.
6. Organise and plan your day beforehand.
The ideas all seem very simple but in my opinion, the key thing that makes Joe Girard successful is the extra mile he takes to keep in touch with all his customers and potential clients.
Get Mark Joyner's Brand New "Integration Marketing" Book for Free at http://poprl.com/FF8