Forums

Ideas for Auto Responder Messages?

Learn how to recruit and sponsor with ONLY the words you write, by mastering the skill of copywriting. Top industry experts available here to show you how...

Moderator: admin

Re: Ideas for Auto Responder Messages?

Postby Bridget Johnson on Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:39 pm

Ben Settle is an excellent and well paid Copywriter. I subscribe to his emails and he takes regular every day life and talks about it and winds the story around until it's something about network marketing.

Something, I believe it was Adam, said - tell stories - be yourself.

Now why didn't I think of that - especially after reading Ben stuff?

There is really only one you.
I used to beg anyone and everyone to join my business (didn't work)
Now people CALL ME PLEADING to join. Here's how...

bridgetandpeterjohnson.com
Bridget Johnson
Contribution Level: 2

Postby Kim Williamson on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:37 am

Thank You! I knew there was a reason I logged in. I have been fretting over how to do an auto responder email. I didn't want it to be "canned" sounding. I think, for me since I am just starting to get some leads and sign-ups that I would rather do individual, personal emails. I really don't enjoy getting an email that still has the (YOUR NAME) on the email, shows me that the person that sent me the letter didn't care enough to add my name. I do opt in to quite a few lists for information and ideas as well. Thank You! It's always nice to check in once in a while. Adam, Great info, thank you!
Kim Williamson

Postby Bridget Johnson on Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:44 am

Kim:

That's a great idea to send individual emails in the beginning. But once your funnel fills up that may be to overwhelming for you - but good luck in the meantime.

I can't believe someone didn't edit their email to include your actual name. They are not very detail oriented, are they? Wouldn't want to join that group.
I used to beg anyone and everyone to join my business (didn't work)
Now people CALL ME PLEADING to join. Here's how...

bridgetandpeterjohnson.com
Bridget Johnson

Postby Brett Nordin on Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:29 pm

Hi Jackie,
In the second to last chapter of my "Web2.0 Traffic Tactics" book I have a chapter on email marketing that would be worth a read.

You can get it without registering or opting into a list.

Here is the direct link to download the pdf:
http://www.networkmarketingmakeover.com ... cs2009.pdf

Your subject line should be personalized and get the recipient to open the email.
I hope the book is helpful.
Brett
http://www.networkmarketingmakeover.com
Brett Nordin

Postby Deborah Tutnauer on Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:34 pm

Remember that the point of your autoresponder messages is to build a relationship and trust. Keep that in mind. Share yourself. Give valuable information on topics that are important to your list. Definitely opt in to some other people's lists and what they have to say. Some really good people to follow are Perry Belcher and Mark Wieser.
Integrity in Thought Creates Prosperity in Action

ITS ALL SUCCESS TV

I used to stay GENERIC!. Now I shout from the HIGHEST HILLS!
Body By Vi is the BEST MLM company 2day. Customer oriented comp plan with cutting edge
21st Century marketing.
Deborah Tutnauer
Contribution Level: 4

Postby Jennifer Baszile on Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:26 pm

Hi,
I'm fairly new to the community but have used autoresponders in another business. Hands down, my list responded to the "warts and all" messages that I sent--the ones that showed my experience in a rough patch or a daunting situation and how I worked myself through it. Such emails humanized my expertise and made it easier for the members of my list to see me as a real person facing challenges. :D

Jennifer Baszile

Postby Adam Taha on Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:22 pm

medhat141 wrote:Thank You! I knew there was a reason I logged in. I have been fretting over how to do an auto responder email. I didn't want it to be "canned" sounding. I think, for me since I am just starting to get some leads and sign-ups that I would rather do individual, personal emails. I really don't enjoy getting an email that still has the (YOUR NAME) on the email, shows me that the person that sent me the letter didn't care enough to add my name. I do opt in to quite a few lists for information and ideas as well. Thank You! It's always nice to check in once in a while. Adam, Great info, thank you!

Hahaha. Yeah, I've seen that before "Your Name" or "<firstname>".

But yeah, be yourself and really warm them up to you. Build the relationship.

I remember, one story really got so many contacting me cause it made them think. This is always my style of writing in most of what I do..

I shared this story with them about a meeting I was going to go to with a mate called Richard, and we were suppose to meet the other friend there too.

...How I had everything ready. The tickets I gave to Dave. The right suit I wore. Everything was right, and even, we got there 15 minutes early.

But as we step into the large building, Richard tells me..

"Adam! Damn it man, I lost the tickets!"

So we go out looking for the tickets, seeing if it was dropped somewhere but no go.

As we walk closer to all these doors of different meeting rooms, we wondered where to go until one door opens up and a man says..

"You're here for the meeting? It's about to start!"
"Yes, but we lost tickets."

We had to pay again and as we step in....our other friend wasn't there but we walk in and sit

45 minutes we were in this meeting, listening to a guy using parrables and I'm like wondering when he's going to get to the point. When is he going to talk about PPC, what system he uses, how he converts clients to customers etc etc etc..

He says something and I'm like, "here is it, he's going to reveal it all.."

But meeting ends. 60 minutes and 5 seconds have gone by and we walk out wondering what the heck we walked into.

As we turn our heads round to side, the friend we suppose to meet walks out of other meeting room. I stare at Richard and he looks back at me.

I go to the guy at the door and ask..

"Er, mate. What was this meeting about?"
"Buddism."

If your waiting to be perfect forget it. You never will and no guru is perfect. As a matter of fact, they are where they are today, cause they may have done more, made more mistakes and learnt from mentors too. They acted on what they wanted to do, more than others..

They're human being, as I am too, as you are.

It's alright, if you feel nervous. It's what makes us human being.

If you're waiting for the right time, the right moment, for everything to be perfect, then let me say, in honest truth...

...There is only now, today. This moment.

So here is today, forget being perfect, just start and get the ball rolling. Challenges will always be there but what you can solve is etc etc etc....

Call of action etc etc...

Just given an example. You got so many stories, that will make people laugh, cry, think, wonder, and act. Hook them in.

The main thing as Deborah mentioned, is build relationship. There is only one you. No one can copy that even if they tried.

Adam
The funniest thing about this particular signature is...by the time you realise it - it really doesn't say anything...and it's too late to stop reading it
Adam Taha
Contribution Level: 8

Previous

Return to Copywriting Forum