Before there can be any kind of consensus on the best leadership development program, it's necessary to agree on what leadership actually is.
Most experts agree that leadership is all about vision
There are THREE hallmarks of true leadership:
1. A true leader has the ability to create
a clear and compelling vision of a reality that doesn't yet exist
2. A true leader has the ability to communicate
that vision to those who have the resources needed to realize that vision (because the leader doesn't yet have them).
3. A true leader has the ability to inspire and motivate
those people to contribute
their resources (through win-win exchanges) to help realize that vision.
In network marketing, the reality that doesn't yet exist is typically two-fold…
- A reality that doesn't yet exist for the leader — based on someone else's existing reality.
- A reality that doesn't yet exist for the other person — their prospect or downline member, whose resources they need to achieve that first reality — based on someone else's existing reality.
By the way, communicating your vision to anyone whose resources you don't
need is often seen as bragging
a true leadership quality.The Bottom Line:
Leadership is about knowledge
— all of which can be taught
. So it can be duplicated
This is the REAL strength and vitality of REAL network marketing.
Hope this helps!
CEO, The Profit Clinic