Forums

Web Prosperity - a user's view (not me!)

Respond to "The Daily Edition" here. Read something interesting? Got feedback? Agree? Disagree? Let us know what YOU think!

Moderator: admin

Web Prosperity - a user's view (not me!)

Postby Kim O'Rourke on Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:01 am

Hiya,

With all the recent discussions of Web Prosperity, I still hadn't looked at it..however my sponsor had signed up for it and was busily promoting it. Two weeks on and I've just received this email (I'm pretty sure he won't mind me sharing this so that others are aware):

Kim I apologize for my recommendation of WebProsperity, it was a Bum Steer!

(A Bum Steer - Australian slang for information that was not correct)

Well it sounded good so I signed up and gave it a run. It did not take long to realize it was all HYPE and nonsense! I had been fooled by a Dark Angel's hype!

My main grumbling was that WebProsperity MEETING would not function at all. I experienced bugs with IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari browsers and on computers running XP and Vista. WP Meeting just would not work!

Then, my growing dissatisfaction was with the realization that the suite of tools was really only of use to promote WebProsperity as a business opportunity. It seemed in prelaunch that this was going to be a great internet marketing tool kit for use in whatever I choose to market. In so doing, that in itself, made the business opportunity appear to have REAL VALUE.

But, not so good! These tools seem unusable outside of promoting WebProsperity's MLM. And in that, the business opportunity becomes just a shallow money game which will obviously implode upon itself rather quickly.

But I would have believed that David D'Arcangelo, would not have put his name to something with such a short life expectancy (the 15 day money back window). Wonders (and scams) never cease!

For instance in WebProsperity CONTACT, it is all about Emailing 'My Downline' (WP downline). And campaign settings are only of use in relation to the capture widget on the Web Prosperity sales page. (Capture widgets can be set up on other websites but only for WP MLM and one other option). I would have expected be able to create as many independent capture pages and related autoresponder emails as I wanted, just as we can in the excellent package put out by Oprius.

The, WebProsperity MEDIA was good, although rather out of date in not matching up with the HD dimensions of YouTube.

Luckily there is there a money-back guarantee. So if you have signed up as a paid member I recommend you act quickly and claim your unconditional 15-days money back guarantee before the 15 days runs out, (or the company implodes, because I expect there will be a run on refund requests)

To ask for a refund you will need to log into your WP account and in the Dashboard page you will see HELP on the top menu. Select CONTACT US, enter your name, email and choose Billing Issues in the Select Category window. Type Refund in subject line, request refund and cancelation of account in the question area and MOST IMPORTANT, paste in your Transaction ID as copied from your email receipt of payment. That should do it. (And press send)

I personally use Aweber as my autoresponder, and Conference Genie as my tele-conference and video conference provider. Oprius, that's mentioned above, is a very good system, that not only handles an autoresponder function, but also does lead capture pages and has a contact management and reminder system. It's only because of my business structure that I need my autoresponder to do far more than Oprius allows. If you fancy taking a look at Oprius, my aff link is: http://www.oprius.com/affiliate.php?ref=56114

(I'm a great believer in multiple income sources by the way - just because you choose one system, doesn't mean to say you can't benefit from people's choice of another system through their affiliate schemes: I absolutely love Aweber, but appreciate it may not work for everyone. Having signed up as an affiliate with all the major autoresponders, it means people can make up their own mind. Just a tip for your own sites/emails!).

Have a great day!
Kim.
Kim O'Rourke

http://www.MerrieMarketing.com
Marketing with Purpose and Passion
Kim O'Rourke
Contribution Level: 2

Re: Web Prosperity - a user's view (not me!)

Postby LINDA CURTIS on Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:41 am

Thanks so much for sharing! I had signed up and promoted on twitter. I never paid the subscription fee because I realized that it was only for use to promote WP and that is was not sustainable. I'm so glad I waited and read this post. I know there are always "bugs" in new programs but it definitely was promoted as a tool you can use to build any business. Not so! I believe you don't even have access to the majority of tools if you pay the $29.95 mth fee. Most of these tools you can get online for free.

Thanks again,

Linda
LINDA CURTIS
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Kim O'Rourke on Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:57 am

You're welcome Linda.

It annoys me that there's stuff out there on the internet that is so willing to take your money, but you end up with nothing of value to show for it.

I paid for a Google Adwords training CD set and site set recently - I got the confirmation email but no product. On closer inspection they wanted me to sign up to a monthly ongoing fee for access to their site (and consquently the CDs). They were trying to insuinuate that I wasn't serious unless I signed up to their monthly programme!!! I have no problem with continuity programmes at their heart, I do object to being forced into them, and definitely object to not getting what I paid for in the first place.

Interestingly my emails were not replied to...Visa themselves couldn't get through to them, and in the end it was Clickbank who refunded me!

There needs to be some kind of policing out there - just nor sure how anyone could do that.

Kim.
Kim O'Rourke

Kim O'Rourke

Postby Ricardo Gonzalez on Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:04 am

WOW KIM! You are a life saver! Thanks for bringing this up, you are helping a lot of people here. It's sad how some individuals are willing to do business like this and with no remorse. I guess some people's names are in the pot right now and the consecuences are long term. I thank those who let us know about these things ahead of time.

My illusion was that I finally could get a decent system for a decent price. There are some veru good systems out there but the costs for what I want is out of my budget. Probably I am asking too much but that's what I want! I was considering Sponsor Daddy for it's great looks and tools but their basic (cheapest) plan has nothing and the good plans are too expensive. I am not affiliated but here is a fellow BN member and friend affiliate link if you want to check it out http://www.caro.sponsordaddy.com

I'll keep looking around, but thanks for the flag, you saved me a headache!
Ricardo Gonzalez

Postby Lane Romero-Reiss on Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:52 am

Hi Kim,

Well, I think we all knew at some level that things would work out this way for Web Prosperity. It's so disappointing, though, that they had to go the 'quick buck' route. I would like to thank you for posting the email from your friend. His analysis of the product is essentially what I was concerned about after seeing the promotional videos.

When I enrolled with a position, I did so with an attitude of, "If it turns out to be a good product, then great, but if it's just hype then it will serve as a good lesson in MLM and good material for future articles and discussions." So, I now look forward to some good articles and discussions about WebProsperity.

Lane Reiss
Everything You Need in One Place. Build ONE Team, ONE Time, with all the tools, training and resources you need to create multiple income streams, all in one integrated platform. Contact me to learn more.
Lane Romero-Reiss

Postby Kim O'Rourke on Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:41 pm

Lane and "Better Life" - you're most welcome.
Hopefully this info will save a few more people some headaches.

Warm regards
Kim.
Kim O'Rourke

Kim O'Rourke

Postby Forest Marie on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Yep.

WP is simply a piece of shit.

Forest
Forest Marie
Contribution Level: 4

Postby Lane Romero-Reiss on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:42 pm

This raises the question of the supposed integrity of Implix and David D'Arcangelo. From what many people were saying, both had established a pretty good reputation. I didn't dig all that deep, but didn't find any red flags on either, in terms of their histories. So, if they did, indeed, have good reputations, why blow it on such an obvious money-making scheme? Based on what is being said about product quality, this thing will collapse quickly as people ask for refunds.

It's so discouraging when people build up a reputation just so they can leverage that reputation to "cash in". This will be a lesson I carry with me long after my position has been flushed for not upgrading to a paid account.

Lane Reiss
Everything You Need in One Place. Build ONE Team, ONE Time, with all the tools, training and resources you need to create multiple income streams, all in one integrated platform. Contact me to learn more.
Lane Romero-Reiss

Postby Tracey Hausel on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:46 pm

Kim, thanks for the confirmation. I read what Forrest wrote, but it's always nice to hear someone's thoughts on such a matter.
Tracey Hausel

CLICK here to check out how Mrs. X brings in over 100 leads from Facebook.
Tracey Hausel
Company: Numis Network

Next

Return to Sound Off!