Forums

16 Principles Of Rich People

Respond to "The Daily Edition" here. Read something interesting? Got feedback? Agree? Disagree? Let us know what YOU think!

Moderator: admin

16 Principles Of Rich People

Postby Bryan Zimmerman on Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:38 pm

I saw a post the other day titled "Facts Of Life" and thought it was great. I don't know if this has been shared here before or not, but there is a lot of truth in these as well:

1. The Broke think everything is too good to be true, while the rich think that getting a job sounds too bad to be true.

2. Broke people give up when things don’t go their way; a few disappointments and they are onto something else, saying things like ‘it wasn’t for me’. The rich work harder and become more determined when things go bad, and understand that you have to take the bad with the good to make it.

3. Broke people always have an excuse. Rich people say ‘my fault’ and refuse to make excuses.

4. Broke people think that not getting what they want is OK. Rich people are disgusted at the thought of not getting what they want and will do whatever it takes.

5. Broke people always have to talk it over with their broke friends to make sure no one will make fun of them if they make a decision. Rich people think for themselves and couldn’t care less what their broke friends think.

6. Broke people are never coachable and teachable. Rich people are always learning, even when the money starts coming in, they never stop learning from those who were there first.

7. Broke people are scared of others. Rich people entrust in others and know that other people are crucial for their success.

8. Broke people are always procrastinating; they would rather talk about it, read about it, think about it, but never seem to do anything. Rich people hate doing anything but getting it done.

9. Broke people are glad when the day is over. Rich people love when the day begins.

10. Broke people think rich people are lucky. Rich people put themselves into a position to be ‘lucky’, and then work hard to make the ‘luck’ show up.

11. Broke people work by the hour. Rich people work by the month. Broke people want to know that after 1 hour of work they have something to show for it. Rich people find broke people who think like that and make them their employees.

12. Broke people get excited they just got hired. Rich people think it is funny that someone could be fooled that easily; they are just making the rich person richer.

13. Broke people complain a lot. Rich people are thankful that no one shot at them today, they didn’t have to fight in a war, and that they don’t have a job.

14. Broke people are too concerned about what other people are doing. Rich people are only concerned about what they can be doing to get more done. Broke people think that if no one is doing something, it must suck. Rich people think that if no one is doing something, it means more money for them. Broke people think that if everyone (all 200 people at the meeting in a city of 1 million) is doing something, it must be saturated.
Rich people think that broke people aren’t too bright.

15. Broke people think it is OK for other people to live where they want to live, drive what they want to drive, and do what they want to do. Broke people are OK with the fact that they can’t do these things. Rich people get sick just thinking about being average.

16. Broke people think that other people’s opinions are worth more than their dreams. Rich people know that their dreams are worth more than other people’s opinions.

“To be rich, you must learn from the broke and do not do what they do nor think how they think.”

NOW THE CHOICE IS UP TO YOU!
Bryan Zimmerman
Contribution Level: 2

Re: 16 Principles Of Rich People

Postby David Bouchez on Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:53 pm

Awesome post Bryan!

It's so important for us to be "at cause" in our own minds for our situation and be willing and have the will to do whatever it takes to attain our goals.

It's also critical to have a mission that's bigger than ourselves to stay energized.

Regards,

Dave
David Bouchez
Company: Unicity International, Inc.

Postby Mario Sanders on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:36 pm

Have you ever heard of the book, 'Think and Grow Rich?' Or a saying I like to use from Winston Churchill, "Never ever, ever, ever, ever quit!' These are some of the things that drives us all. Good article.
Mario Sanders
Company: Life Force International
Contribution Level: 7

Postby Bill Spetrino on Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:53 pm

I have been and poor and think the list of 16 is well devised

Finding about about becoming rich itself is not easy

This is an excerpt from a blog article I wrote for my friends last week

Value investing: Many believe they are practicing value investing but they are fooling themselves.

Today is the first part of our 6 day long special on value investing.

First, one has to find someone who has actually become financially independent solely from safe high yield value investing. How do you know for sure? You need to ask the prospective financial adviser how much their annual dividend income is from their investments and also their age. Someone 75 years old with only $15,000 of annual dividend income is not better than someone who has $85,000 dollars of dividend income and is 45 years old. Dividends are the first sign of safe high yield value investing. Those who have built a “dividend machine” that more than pays their living expenses before age 55 has a damn good idea on how to beat the stock market and, no doubt, practices value investing. Dividends are the sure sign of an excellent value investor who actually practices value investing and just doesn’t talk about it.

If you want to read more about being financially independent look up my blog http://www.billspetrino.com[url][/url]

Thanks Bill
Bill Spetrino
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Dorina Lanza on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:11 pm

Love it! :)
c 2007-2011 Dorina Lanza, All Rights Reserved
I've built in the "old" and "new" style since 1991. I, therefore, offer a unique perspective on success in the industry. My DL numbers over 50,000. PM me if you'd like to chat!
Dorina Lanza
Company: Nu Skin Enterprises
Contribution Level: 3

Postby Mario Sanders on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:56 pm

Having more than one stream of income will always keep you from going broke. Having more than one stream of income is easy to maintain. Starting another stream of income like this one is proving to be more difficult than when started.
Mario Sanders

Postby Mario Sanders on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:58 am

I also found out that if you saved your money you can achieve anything you want. For instance, I saved $1000. It took a while but I did it. I kept it in a bank. It stayed there awhile longer. I went to the bank and took a loan on it. Now, I had $1000 in the bank and $1000 in my hand. Let's say I did this 5 times more. Now I have $5000 in the banks and $5000 in my hand. It gets complicated from here. I set up a payment schedule for #1 bank to pay the #2 bank and so forth. Never letting the left hand know what the right hand was doing. After awhile again this system got even more complicated. So I had to convert to property, I purchased a new vehicle. Then later, a house, its furnishings and another car. Was I following the principles of rich people? Using OPM (other people money) worked for me. Rich people do stick to a schedule and work their schedule until it pays off.
Mario Sanders

Postby Linda Anderson on Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:23 am

Loved your Article, So True!
Linda Anderson

Postby Nadya Todorova on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:37 am

Nice topic and true words - even answer some questions you might have asked yourself when others have insisted it was wrong but you knew intuitively it was the right thing to do :))
Nadya Todorova
[email protected]
http://www.ooyes.net
Mass Media Group Ltd - webdesign and advertisement, internet marketing and communication

Nadya Todorova
Contribution Level: 1

Next

Return to Sound Off!