Forums

What Is Your Best Response.. To Spammers?

Respond to "The Daily Edition" here. Read something interesting? Got feedback? Agree? Disagree? Let us know what YOU think!

Moderator: admin

What Is Your Best Response.. To Spammers?

Postby Lynda Cromar on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:17 pm

So as there are more and more new marketers coming on line to get business it seems more are spamming through e-mail than ever.

I have experimented with a few responses

Best is questions, but I feel they are generally defensive or they don't really share their struggle.

Would love to be more helpful, please share your best response...
Get started building your list for a one time $7 http://ll.lyndasleads.com/
Lynda Cromar
Company: MyLeadSystemPRO
Contribution Level: 10

Re: What Is Your Best Response.. To Spammers?

Postby Joyce Penner on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:05 pm

Ignore them. They are not worth the energy required.
Joyce
Joyce Penner | Core Partner
Wellness, Prosperity, Lifestyle by Design
Stop Struggling By Yourself ~ Experience the POWER Of a Team!
Team Inc Pro
Joyce Penner
Company: Life Force International
Contribution Level: 9

Postby Jared Hathorn on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:19 pm

In many cases Lynda pointed out they are new to Network marketing and if they truely are then they need some help. If some how you can offer help without offending them then it would be a better choice however I would agree to Joyce as well. What happens if you offer the advise yet they don't take it. Then in such cases it would be better to ignore them. Remember we too were new to network marketing and have done the wrong things to build our business until someone pointed out our error.

Jared Hathorn
Jared Hathorn
Contribution Level: 3

Postby James Egins Jr on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:57 pm

I think this is a great subject and I'm interested to see some other ideas & strategies. I think a great strategy to engage those folks spamming as well as telemarketers when they call will lead to additional leads that most other networkers ignore.
James Egins Jr
Company: Xooma Worldwide
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Lynda Cromar on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:05 am

hathorn wrote:In many cases Lynda pointed out they are new to Network marketing and if they truely are then they need some help. If some how you can offer help without offending them then it would be a better choice however I would agree to Joyce as well. What happens if you offer the advise yet they don't take it. Then in such cases it would be better to ignore them. Remember we too were new to network marketing and have done the wrong things to build our business until someone pointed out our error.

Jared Hathorn

Thanks Jared! I am not talking about spinning wheels here. There are lots of them coming on first time ever being in anything in business. So that is what the discussion is about. What can we do to help them?

I ask questions about them

That always gets it rolling
Lynda Cromar

Postby Eric McLaughlin on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:57 pm

I turn spammers into free leads by directing them to join a business networking social community I'm apart of.

This is the exact reply I use:

Hi (Spammers Name),

Thank you for the information on (Mention the name of their business). I am associated with many thousands of networking professionals who may be interested.

You’re invited to post a free profile on my site. Many serious entrepreneurs from around the world will view your contact and business information.

Join Free & Advertise For Free
http://xxxxxx.com

Thank You!
--
Eric McLaughlin

This can work for anything and you can direct them to any opt-in page you have. Just change the message according to what you're offering.

There is no use in trying to teach newbies proper online business etiquette so it only makes sense to "flip" them into your opportunity. Since they're new they have no clue on what the hell you just did!
Eric McLaughlin
Company: Numis Network
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Lynda Cromar on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:16 pm

esm9577 wrote:I turn spammers into free leads by directing them to join a business networking social community I'm apart of.

This is the exact reply I use:

Hi (Spammers Name),

Thank you for the information on (Mention the name of their business). I am associated with many thousands of networking professionals who may be interested.

You’re invited to post a free profile on my site. Many serious entrepreneurs from around the world will view your contact and business information.

Join Free & Advertise For Free
http://xxxxxx.com

Thank You!
--
Eric McLaughlin

This can work for anything and you can direct them to any opt-in page you have. Just change the message according to what you're offering.

There is no use in trying to teach newbies proper online business etiquette so it only makes sense to "flip" them into your opportunity. Since they're new they have no clue on what the hell you just did!

Thanks Eric that is awesome and very helpful. It is important to note that most of the time people don't spam because they want to, they only do it because they want to make money,

and if we are really honest and I will be the first, I did it at first because I didn't have any other knowledge or skills.

So we can stick up our noses and say they are not worth our time, or we can decide that we want to help.

That is especially why I like Eric's approach!
Lynda Cromar

Postby Jared Hathorn on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Building relationships are important in network marketing. However, no matter how people look at it we still need to work through numbers. Now why would I say that?

Well, if you only have 5 friends and constantly talk about your business over and over I do not think your business will be successful. So we would need to find a way to talk to more people about our business. So in some ways we need to work through the numbers.

So the question would be this what is the difference between spamming people vs just sharing information to as many people as possible in a given day?

My thoughts are this that if building relationship are important and going through many people as possible are important than our goal should be building as much relationships as possible in a given day. We must meet new people as much as we can and actually talk to them. Actually get to know them without throwing in their face look at my opportunity. Find out who they are and what they do, how many kids they have or if they are even married.

Eventually on their own they may ask what we do. Then that is our ability to share our information. Don't overload them with information but give them enough where they may or may not be interested without them being afraid you are selling them.

Here is where the number play in the role. We may have to go through 10, 20, or more a day to get enough people to ask us the question of what we do. So building NEW relationships each day are very important in our business and that is how we avoid spamming.

Jared Hathorn
Jared Hathorn

Postby Michelle & Bill Pescosolido on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:58 am

I just ignore them. If you feed into them you are giving them what they want. Just delete and move on.
Here's to your success,
Michelle Pescosolido
http://www.onlinewealthpartner.com
Michelle & Bill Pescosolido

Postby Richard De Haven on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:58 pm

My best response

I hit the spam button and not give it a second thought.
Are You Tired Of The Hype In MLM? Here's Your Chance To....Disocover Real Stories of Real People Making Real Money in MLM

Visit http://www.MLMSuccessStories.com Now To Get The Inside Scoop Of What It REALLY Takes To Succeed IN MLM!
Richard De Haven
Company: SendOutCards
Contribution Level: 2

Next

Return to Sound Off!