Forums

*** SEO vs. Captain Crunch ***

Learn how to promote your business opportunity on Google with Pay-per-click and Search Engine Optimization via a LIVE discussion with top industry leaders.

Moderator: admin

*** SEO vs. Captain Crunch ***

Postby Richard Bravo on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:36 pm

My all time favorite is Crunch Berries - just can't get enough!
They are admittedly one of my weaknesses.
And while Captain Crunch tastes good it does nothing for my business.
(besides putting a smile on my face)

SEO on the other hand does wonders for my business.
And this should NOT be one of your weaknesses...

So what if you could get the answer to any one of your burning SEO questions,
What Would It Be?

:arrow: PS:
Here's a great webinar on
"How To Build Your Downline With Free Traffic From Google"
Richard Bravo: the Art of an Entrepreneur • Let's Connect On Facebook!
Richard Bravo
Contribution Level: 9

Re: *** SEO vs. Captain Crunch ***

Postby Richard Bravo on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:59 pm

Here's an interesting bit of information...

In the last 45 minutes or so I have had 99 new visitors to my blog post mentioned above:
"Getting Free Traffic With SEO" http://tr.im/seonet1

I tweeted about it a couple of times and POW! almost 100 people have read to the post in less than an hour. Just goes to show how important SEO really is and how many people want to learn more. (about a 3% response rate from current following of 3603)

Anyone here at BN have specific questions regarding SEO?

~rb

lol... now that I think about it, a 3% CTR from Twitter is pretty freakin cool too! :lol:
Richard Bravo

Postby ryan vidal on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:01 pm

When you have weakness you really can't stay out of it but you always can fight with it. Well for me I also have weaknesses but I have to overcome all those. :lol:

ryan vidal
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Richard Bravo on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:10 pm

And what exactly does that have to do with SEO or this post?
Richard Bravo

Postby Ferny Ceballos on Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:32 pm

I believe it's a riddle.

If you solve it, you will uncover the secret to SEO success... or waste a lot of your time.

LOL

-Ferny
Ferny Ceballos
Company: Numis Network
Contribution Level: 4

Postby Shane Hunter on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:55 pm

that poster has a first name,
and it's, S-P-A-M....

Hey Richard...

Here's one for you... my problem that I just figured out which was a GIANT piss off... excuse my language, but it really was a giant "aha", followed by "damnit", followed by shame, followed by action, followed by? ...success i hope.

So, I use wordpress, like most of us around here...

I use the All In One SEO Plugin..

I also am overambitious with my own SEO efforts...

So... I added in my own title, keywords, and description like I've programmed myself to do with ANY webpage, but then I used AIOSEO, expecting it to just overwrite...

No go.

What it did was this:

I was targeting a term (which i won't be giving away, so we'll say...) ie: Richard Bravo

As a result of my OWN effort, plus the plugin, the keyword result was: "Ricard Bravo Richard Bravo"

Thus unintentionally spamming, and eliminating me from ranking well. I have NEVER had a problem getting top 10 results, especially not since the SEO Networker course... Until this site.

After finding out this info, I have a feeling my site is going to jump like crazy. Should be fun.

So, my problem:
Overdoing it. Over SEO'ing can be hazardous to the marketers health.

What's your advice for that one? =)
Shane Hunter
Contribution Level: 3

Postby Richard Bravo on Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:20 am

Ferny Ceballos wrote:I believe it's a riddle.

If you solve it, you will uncover the secret to SEO success... or waste a lot of your time.

LOL

-Ferny

By george Ferny, I believe you've got it!
See... one uh them thare schooler-ship thingys ya'll got floatin round here otta set this country bumpkin straight in no time at all! Gidder done man!

Sincerely,
~cleatus
Richard Bravo

Postby Gregory McGuire on Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:58 pm

Richard, Richard. You've helpled me so much already, I almost hate to ask. But, since you're offering . . .

Does it matter, as far as the search engines go, if you're using a forwarded domain to promote your content. For instance, when I make a YouTube video, I usually purchase a domain from GoDaddy and forward it to the YouTube URL. Is that a good idea, or not? Thanks again.
Gregory McGuire
Company: Global Domains International, Inc
Contribution Level: 2

Postby Leonardo Saraceni on Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:52 pm

Richard, when you start a post with that Title, you really cant expect much seriousness...

It's not like you're talking CHEERIOSEO or PPCPUFFS.

Anyway...

@Gregory - you're buying domains to forward to Youtube? Or you're putting that domain on your video descriptions to mask an affiliate link?
If you're forwarding TO Youtube, what's your goal? Why are you hiding it?
If you're just masking an affiliate link, that's a good way of protecting yourself and getting better CTR, but....

FORWARDING DOES NOTHING FOR SEO (or PPC, for that matter)

It helps you protect your commissions, and it is prettier than some huge affiliate link, but dont expect any more than that.

Leo
I'm celebrating that my wife quit her job with tons of bonuses - Do you want FREE BACKLINKS for SEO or FREE PPC MANAGEMENT for a Month?
Leonardo Saraceni
Contribution Level: 3

Postby Richard Bravo on Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:05 pm

shaneykins wrote:So, my problem:[/b] Overdoing it. Over SEO'ing can be hazardous to the marketers health.
What's your advice for that one? =)

Well Shane, I think you may have answered your own question.... Don't over do it.

(I dont want to sound like too much of a pro cause I'm REALLY REALLY gunning for one of those scholarships ;) you're killing me Ferny- the anticipation is insane!)

but.... SEO in my experience is an art a much as a science. There's a level of finesse you have to cultivate over time. And it will take time. I think this is most apparent on the real challenging projects - you know, the BIG hits. The obscure longtail stuff is a lot simpler than most people realize I think. Real SEO skills shine in the big markets. That's where the game gets super tough.

In those markets, "the majors," you almost have to over do it.
But in the little leagues, you can clobber it just by focusing on your form and being consistent.
Anyone who's played sports knows... to keep your eye on the ball. Start there.
Worry about your grip, your spikes, foot placement, back arch, glove, all that stuff later.
Right now right now, keep your eyes on the ball and focus.
Golf, baseball, football, tennis, etc., etc... everything goes wrong when you take your eyes off the ball.
All the little tweaks fall apart and your form gets out of whack the second those things become your focus.

I know I speak in analogies a lot opposed to "direct" answers. But understanding the principles before the mechanics, I think, is far more important for long term success. Mechanics, the processes, systems and technologies will constantly change. The principles are steadfast, therefore mastering the mindset of understanding the goal, will ultimately drive your success.

Did that make sense?

~rb
Richard Bravo

Next

Return to PPC and SEO