Forums

I totally screwed up an SEO article test and need helped

Learn how to promote your business opportunity on Google with Pay-per-click and Search Engine Optimization via a LIVE discussion with top industry leaders.

Moderator: admin

I totally screwed up an SEO article test and need helped

Postby Val Taylor on Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:36 am

Hi Guys and Gals I need help,

I wrote a follow-up article to the post I did this week on “Tonight’s Top 10 Why SEO is better than PPC”. The new article is titled “And now the rest of the SEO Story introducing IMO Internet Marketing Optimization”. I made a quick PowerPoint video of it ran the article through automatic article submitter and traffic geyser. I checked Google this morning and saw it there on the first page.
First of all I realize now I did it totally wrong and nobody will find it but here’s the question. The article from my blog was in the first position on Google. In the 10th position is also my article posted by Chris Pearson and Go articles which I do remember submitting to.
Now Chris does give me credit for the article but it’s posted on a website mlmtrainingsecrets.com. Can someone just take your article off an article website and post it on theirs as long as they give you byline credit?
Now remember, I’m young here (actually I’m old but new to this stuff) so be kind especially you Dave.
Val
Val Taylor
Contribution Level: 2

Re: I totally screwed up an SEO article test and need helped

Postby Dave Kotecki on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:06 am

Gee, Val.
I wasn't trying to be mean.
Just throwing out some alternative viewpoints. ;)

I can't answer your question for sure.
I do know that one of the reasons to post articles is to
allow other webmasters to use the content as long as
they keep it intact, including your resource box.

I'm guessing that's what happened, but no way can I
be sure.

There's someone here who will be able to give a better
answer.
Of that I am sure. :)
Dave Kotecki | Core Partner
Wellness, Prosperity, Lifestyle by Design
Experience the POWER Of Our Team!
DaveKoteckiPro
Facebook.com/davekoteckipro
Dave Kotecki
Company: Life Force International
Contribution Level: 5

That's Awesome

Postby James Rouse on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:17 am

Absolutely. That's the whole viral thing. Don't loose any sleep over it. Article directories allow other people to use your content on their websites. You want this to happen. As a matter of fact, that is one of the first stats that I look for.

I've had this happen to me too and I get pumped when I see my content on page one 3 times.

Just because someone visits the other site doesn't mean they will do business with them. Having your content on their site with the credit will drive traffic to your website or blog. Perhaps you have a better offer or better content you never know.

Keep writing more articles your doing great.
James is an internet marketing trainer and author of the popular www.helpcurechildobesity.com website. A website created out of his passion. Perhaps have a passion or hobby and would like to turn it into a profitable website like James has. Please visit: how I Did This
James Rouse

Postby Val Taylor on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:50 pm

Hey Thanks a bunch to you all . I didn't know that.
Val Still learning
Val Taylor

Postby Calvin Mah on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:17 pm

Hey Val,

Congratulations on winning one of the scholarships to the SEO Networker Mastermind! Way to go!

Cheers! Calvin Mah
Calvin Mah

Postby Val Taylor on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:09 pm

Thank you Calvin I appreciate it.
Val Taylor

Postby Richard Bravo on Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:25 pm

VAL ... Whats up girl!
Woo Hoo... YOU WON!!!

I'm so stoked for you.
I'm sure it will be a huge blessing in your life and for your business.
I can't wait to see where you go from here.... I'm sure there are BIG Things in your future.
God Bless!

~richard
Richard Bravo: the Art of an Entrepreneur • Let's Connect On Facebook!
Richard Bravo
Contribution Level: 9

Postby Eric Su on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:40 am

Valarie wrote:Hi Guys and Gals I need help,

I wrote a follow-up article to the post I did this week on “Tonight’s Top 10 Why SEO is better than PPC”. The new article is titled “And now the rest of the SEO Story introducing IMO Internet Marketing Optimization”. I made a quick PowerPoint video of it ran the article through automatic article submitter and traffic geyser. I checked Google this morning and saw it there on the first page.
First of all I realize now I did it totally wrong and nobody will find it but here’s the question. The article from my blog was in the first position on Google. In the 10th position is also my article posted by Chris Pearson and Go articles which I do remember submitting to.
Now Chris does give me credit for the article but it’s posted on a website mlmtrainingsecrets.com. Can someone just take your article off an article website and post it on theirs as long as they give you byline credit?
Now remember, I’m young here (actually I’m old but new to this stuff) so be kind especially you Dave.
Val

yes its ok to use your article as long as I give you credit. You should read the terms of service of the article directory you're using.
Eric Su

Return to PPC and SEO