Forums

Using Your Blog Post As A Landing Page

Learn how to promote your business opportunity on Google with Pay-per-click and Search Engine Optimization via a LIVE discussion with top industry leaders.

Moderator: admin

Using Your Blog Post As A Landing Page

Postby Patrick Mitsuing on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:45 pm

Hey peoples,

I recently bought a couple marketing courses, and joined Daegan's Smiths Maximum Leverage, and both of these courses they talked about using blog posts as landing pages as an easy way to beat the google quality score.

Has anyone tested this, and what would be your strategy in monetizing this method. I know you would want them to opt-in for some more info and market to them...but want to see what ya'll have to say.
10 Free MLM Marketing training ebooks from website creation, free lead generation, Free Traffic Strategies, and more...available at http://www.patrickmitsuing.com
Patrick Mitsuing
Company: Usana Health Sciences, Inc.
Contribution Level: 3

Re: Using Your Blog Post As A Landing Page

Postby Matt Adamo on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:10 pm

Hey,

I would most certainly recommend you doing so. In Mike Dillards TF2 course he talks about using this as a great lead generation strategy for your nerve center (or blog). However you don't always want to put a capture form in. I'd say around 40% of the time (test and see what works best for you).

But you also want to change it up with requests for comments and retweets. A good mixture of these will really spice your blog up (socially and for SEO purposes).

However always have a really good call to action. You can see a HUGE increase in response by using one. You can mix it up by using this as a "ps" or just the end of your post.

Here are a few examples from the Jason Better Blog.

For the capture form:

New here? If you’re not a member yet then you can get your free tips sent straight to your inbox every time a new post is up. All you have to do is put your name and e-mail in the little box below. Presto!

For a retweet or link share:

P.S. Personally, I “lose” a lot of time on Twitter. You only really need to be on there a few minutes a day to make an impact. Share a comment or two. Share a link or three… before you know it you’re driving traffic in your sleep in minutes a day. Geeze, if you have a second or too you could even share this post… *wink.

Always - Matt
Learn how to easily increase traffic, leads, and cashflow to your blog right away!
http://www.MattAdamo.Net
Matt Adamo
Contribution Level: 2

Postby Tim Atkinson on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:02 pm

Matt your my hero you lil kid genius! Of course you hit the nail on the head--uh-gain :D Using your blog to build your list in any marketing method works very well and if you are smart you will use Better's tactics
Tim Atkinson

Postby Leonardo Saraceni on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:35 am

The thing about using your blog as a landing page for PPC is that you have to be extremely aware of how your above the fold navigation is set up - you dont want those clicks to browse around aimlessly without taking action.

What you should to is design a good old landing page in HTML and upload it to the same server that hosts your blog - so your squeeze page would be at blog.com/squeeze.html.

To prevent any quality score issues, leave some FOOTER navigation pointing back to strategic content on your main blog - along with a contact us, privacy policy, and earnings disclaimer link. Very important detail!

I've tried to swim against the current and simply send ppc traffic to a regular blog - it doesnt work. PPC clickers are on a much faster pace and dont want to read anything - they want information now.
So give it to them!

Leo S.
I'm celebrating that my wife quit her job with tons of bonuses - Do you want FREE BACKLINKS for SEO or FREE PPC MANAGEMENT for a Month?
Leonardo Saraceni

Postby Shirland Carrington on Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:13 am

leosaraceni wrote:The thing about using your blog as a landing page for PPC is that you have to be extremely aware of how your above the fold navigation is set up - you dont want those clicks to browse around aimlessly without taking action.

What you should to is design a good old landing page in HTML and upload it to the same server that hosts your blog - so your squeeze page would be at blog.com/squeeze.html.

To prevent any quality score issues, leave some FOOTER navigation pointing back to strategic content on your main blog - along with a contact us, privacy policy, and earnings disclaimer link. Very important detail!

I've tried to swim against the current and simply send ppc traffic to a regular blog - it doesnt work. PPC clickers are on a much faster pace and dont want to read anything - they want information now.
So give it to them!

Leo S.

You are right when I am looking for information now I don't want to read a blog. When I put in my keyword I want instant results and am not in a mood at the time to browse. When you know your target market and how they will react make it a little easier to set up your PPC campaign. Leo, Thanks for the recommendation.
Shirland Carrington

Postby Patrick Mitsuing on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:14 pm

awesome stuff guys thanks for the input. Really excited about seeing some of the results I get from this.
10 Free MLM Marketing training ebooks from website creation, free lead generation, Free Traffic Strategies, and more...available at http://www.patrickmitsuing.com
Patrick Mitsuing
Company: Usana Health Sciences, Inc.

Postby Seth Ollerton on Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:17 pm

Is it possible to create a capture page using a "blogspot" template? If so, how do I create the opt-in form?
Your Friend, Seth Ollerton
"Learn How I Receive Money on
My Gas and Grocery Purchases Each Month."

http://www.sko.wakeupandbefree.com

Seth Ollerton
Contribution Level: 1

Postby Roger Silen on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:40 pm

Using a blog for a landing page is a Fantastic idea and there are three really good reasons for this which I list below BUT... I wouldn't just use a regular blog post in the way you would on your Nerve Center or Main Blog!!

Here are three Great reasons to us a Wordpress Blog for a landing page...

1. Easy to do... with no real coding or programming experience required
2. Easy to make dozens of copies all the while just changing out keywords or small details
3. Gain a Great Quality Score with Google for your PPC Campaigns
4. an Updated blog will get indexed by the search engines..

You have to understand that google is looking for 'REAL' sites not just single page opt in type squeeze pages so having your landing page attached to a blog is really good in the Eyes of Google...

First thing to keep in mind... If you are using a blog for a landing page you would actually create separate "Pages" instead of "Posts" (which are really one in the same, just named differently for blog structure)
here is an example.... Blog Landing Page

Notice on this blog I removed all the tabs and links to anything else... at the end of the day your ONLY goal on a Landing page is to get a visitor to take the action you want... ie. an opt in...

within Wordpress you can create as many different landing pages as you want by just creating another blog page.... here are some examples....

PLEASE DO NOT FILL IN THE OPT IN ON THESE PAGES AS THEY ARE NOT ACTIVE!!!!!

http://infinity100pro.com
http://infinity100pro.com/innercircle
http://infinity100pro.com/tvi-express

Using a blog gives you great control over the things that matter to google.. things such as
title tags / meta description / use of keywords... etc...

...so the idea is you can use Wordpress as you very own Lead capture page generator....

If you use a normal blog post as your landing page with side bars and links to everywhere you will lose far too much of your traffic... too many choices equals the wrong action taken.... The ONLY goal of a well put together landing page is to get the Opt In...

I hope this helps... Best of Success,

Roger S.
Roger Silen

Postby Sandeep Nath on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:55 pm

sethollerton wrote:Is it possible to create a capture page using a "blogspot" template? If so, how do I create the opt-in form?

Seth, you'll need an autoresponder account (like I have with aweber) to do this. Examples at http://drwhitefield.blogspot.com Somehow the formatting doesn't fit very well.
“...principles that will help you grow, not only in business but in life... in this well written treatise.
No networker should be without this book.”

- Doug Wead, Bestselling Author, Adviser to 2 US Presidents, Networker and Historian
Sandeep Nath
Company: MyLeadSystemPRO
Contribution Level: 6

Postby Seth Ollerton on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:32 am

[quote="legacy"]
First thing to keep in mind... If you are using a blog for a landing page you would actually create separate "Pages" instead of "Posts" (which are really one in the same, just named differently for blog structure)
here is an example.... Blog Landing Page

Hey Roger, I visited this landing page and I am a little confused. Isn't there supposed to be some sort of opt-in area? Also, does it link to any other pages?
Your Friend, Seth Ollerton
"Learn How I Receive Money on
My Gas and Grocery Purchases Each Month."

http://www.sko.wakeupandbefree.com

Seth Ollerton
Contribution Level: 1

Next

Return to PPC and SEO