Forums

Video Blogging SEO Tips

Learn how to promote your business opportunity on Google with Pay-per-click and Search Engine Optimization via a LIVE discussion with top industry leaders.

Moderator: admin

Video Blogging SEO Tips

Postby James Godin on Fri May 31, 2013 9:02 pm

This is my own personal method for doing SEO on my blog posts with video:

1. I make a short video, usually 5-10 minutes. Sometimes a little longer if necessary. I ALWAYS lead with VALUE first in my videos, sometimes I like to tell fun, weird, and interesting stories in the video, but I make sure that I end up giving the viewer something tangible to walk away with that will help them do better in business and in life.

2. I upload the video to YouTube and Vimeo. I write a short article, usually 300-500 words in length and am sure to sprinkle my target keywords throughout the article at a rate of 2% - 3%. I always place my keywords in my video title and place the video title at the top and bottom of my article. At the very bottom of the description box, I add the URL of the video itself.

3. I embed either the YouTube or Vimeo video on my blog, and copy and paste the article I just wrote for the video description into my blog under the video. I will fine tune the article and sometimes add to it to increase the effectiveness of the on page SEO.

4. I then build backlinks to my videos and my blog post through various social syndication strategies. Some of my videos will rank on the first page of Google for low competition keywords with decent traffic, and most of them will rank for long tail keywords with low competition as well with less traffic.

Hopefully this has helped you if you are new to video blogging and SEO.

If you are more experienced in video blogging and/or SEO and you know of anything that will add VALUE to what I have already shared, please post a reply to this thread so everyone can benefit from it.

I look forward to seeing how this thread develops, and I'm excited to learn some new ways of leveraging the power of video blogging and SEO to help more people find prosperity in their lives!
James Godin
"Personal Development Aficionado"

Check Out My Most Recent Video Blog Post
James Godin
Company: Empower Network, LLC
Contribution Level: 2

Re: Video Blogging SEO Tips

Postby Shannon Hokanson on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:20 am

Your should focus on quality video.

Shannon Hokanson
Contribution Level: 1

Postby johnfaust Faust on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:51 am

You mention social syndication, can you please give some examples
johnfaust Faust

Postby eLena IMHQ on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:31 am

Yes, I was just about to ask about social syndication, as well. Could you please give mo details about that step? Thank you for sharing! :D
Click Here for FREE 9-Day Boot Camp Training
I Show You How I Went from Zero to $56,317.55
& How You Can Too!
eLena IMHQ

Postby Alexander Krulik on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:17 am

i use mixed backlinks from articles, directories and forum to boost my videos on top and it worked for medium competitive keywords too.
How To Create An Ebook : Learn method to launch you own ebook and sell it.
Alexander Krulik

Postby Volker Schaefer on Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:35 pm

Justgetempowered wrote:This is my own personal method for doing SEO on my blog posts with video:

1. I make a short video, usually 5-10 minutes. Sometimes a little longer if necessary. I ALWAYS lead with VALUE first in my videos, sometimes I like to tell fun, weird, and interesting stories in the video, but I make sure that I end up giving the viewer something tangible to walk away with that will help them do better in business and in life.

2. I upload the video to YouTube and Vimeo. I write a short article, usually 300-500 words in length and am sure to sprinkle my target keywords throughout the article at a rate of 2% - 3%. I always place my keywords in my video title and place the video title at the top and bottom of my article. At the very bottom of the description box, I add the URL of the video itself.

3. I embed either the YouTube or Vimeo video on my blog, and copy and paste the article I just wrote for the video description into my blog under the video. I will fine tune the article and sometimes add to it to increase the effectiveness of the on page SEO.

4. I then build backlinks to my videos and my blog post through various social syndication strategies. Some of my videos will rank on the first page of Google for low competition keywords with decent traffic, and most of them will rank for long tail keywords with low competition as well with less traffic.

Hopefully this has helped you if you are new to video blogging and SEO.

If you are more experienced in video blogging and/or SEO and you know of anything that will add VALUE to what I have already shared, please post a reply to this thread so everyone can benefit from it.

I look forward to seeing how this thread develops, and I'm excited to learn some new ways of leveraging the power of video blogging and SEO to help more people find prosperity in their lives!

Wow maybe it didn't work that easy - all his stuff is offline after seven month :D
Volker Schaefer
Company: Life Plus International
Contribution Level: 5

Postby Johnysam sam on Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:16 pm

I loved reading you post. Video Blogging is indeed a very useful technique for getting visitors and it is also considered a great way to promote and sell your product or services.

Johnysam sam

Postby mike storey on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:04 am

brilliant article, thanks
Are you being mentored by a millionare??? http://www.bimglobalonline.com

mike storey

Postby Ervin Ruhe Jr on Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:21 pm

Well explained by James Godin.

Also, be sure to set a featured image and place a picture in your posts helps as well.
Keep all the great questions and answers.
Get Fit & Get Moving,
Ervin Ruhe Jr
Company: ACN, Inc

Postby Ajay Prasad on Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:06 am

A video blog or vlog is a collection of videos posted on a web site or blog. It is easy to create a free video blog and it's a great way to reach out to audiences and show off your work. Video blogs, if optimized properly, are indexed by search engines with an added advantage. Events like product launches or celebrations of business achievements must be shown through video blogging.
Ajay Prasad
Company: Internet Marketing Mentoring And Coaching Center

Next

Return to PPC and SEO