Forums

H1 Tag and Title Tag

Learn how to promote your business opportunity on Google with Pay-per-click and Search Engine Optimization via a LIVE discussion with top industry leaders.

Moderator: admin

H1 Tag and Title Tag

Postby ran div on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:57 am

which is more important in between H1 tag and title tag for better ranking purpose in search engine, please share some valuable tips ?

ran div
Contribution Level: 1

Re: H1 Tag and Title Tag

Postby Tim Alwell on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:42 pm

The H1 Tag is your title.

You don't want to use any Header 1's in the body content of your post. The only H1 should be your title.

Then the following for good rule of thumb:

2 H2's
2-3 H3's

as many H4 and H5s as you want.
FREE EBOOK: HOW I MADE MY FIRST $1,000 ONLINE
https://timfrancis.leadpages.net/bn/
Tim Alwell
Contribution Level: 2

Postby ran div on Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:17 am

Thanks for replying the valuable information.

ran div

Postby Rob Fore on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:29 am

Exactly - your title is automatically an H1 tag and one of the mistakes I see a lot of new bloggers make is they ADD an extra H1 tag thinking they are doing something special. But the fact is... two H1 tags on the same page will do more damage than help.
Rob Fore
Company: SendOutCards
Contribution Level: 6

Postby Gomer Magtibay on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:01 pm

Rob_Fore wrote:Exactly - your title is automatically an H1 tag and one of the mistakes I see a lot of new bloggers make is they ADD an extra H1 tag thinking they are doing something special. But the fact is... two H1 tags on the same page will do more damage than help.

I'd like to ask, Rob, how do we exactly monitor if our pages have H1 tag or H2 or H3 and how many of them are in a specific page? Is that through right clicking on the page and viewing the "page source"?
Gomer Magtibay
Contribution Level: 3

Postby lobbyjp jha on Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:12 pm

A title tag is the technical term for text that describes a document on the web.Every web page should have a title tag but many don't. It should appear in the head of the document and looks like this: <title>The Title of the Web Pags</title>.H1 tag is the most important tag on the website, because it's the highest level tag that shows what your specific page is about.
[url="http://www.seoclickindia.co.in"]Web Designing Company in Delhi[/url]

lobbyjp jha

Postby Gomer Magtibay on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:13 am

Thank you for that. So, now it is clear. The H1 tag refers to the main title, which is the blog post title or the web title. And the H2 refers to the sub-title. And if needed, there goes H3 and H4.

Now, I have another question: Is it true that if you mess with these tags, it will surely affect your site or blog's SEO? Are the Google Bots that sensitive to such errors or mistakes?
Gomer Magtibay
Contribution Level: 3

Postby fusebalance balance on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:23 am

TipsfromTim wrote:The H1 Tag is your title.

You don't want to use any Header 1's in the body content of your post. The only H1 should be your title.

Then the following for good rule of thumb:

2 H2's
2-3 H3's

as many H4 and H5s as you want.

Thanks for replying. :mrgreen:

fusebalance balance

Postby Kate Chan on Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:41 pm

I did a lot of digging into this topic and I found this guide gives the most concise, succinct information on H1 and title tag. http://zlass.com/beginners-guide-to-mastering-seo/seo-header-tags/
For TLDR: H1, 2, 3 tags are important to the eyes of Google, because this is a gives Google a structural outline of your blog post or website. A simple rule of thumb is to have H1 for your blog post, but multiple H1 tags can be used with cautions. I would suggest having at least H1, H2, H3 in your website or blog. H4...6 are not as important. Hope you find it helpful =D

Kate

Kate Chan

Postby Hernan Vazquez on Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:21 pm

Hey there!

In my opinion you can have only ONE <title></title> tag and as many <h></h> tags as you want.

The TITLE tag is the MOST important thing in your entire page. So have it optimize for two purposes: To entice clicking on Social Media and Google, and to rank for that keyword.

The H1 should be used only ONCE on your content. I generally don't use a keyword here, but something that makes sense (to avoid overoptimizing the page).

So if you are promoting a product called "The Best Shoes"

Your title would be

<title>The Best Shoes - My Honest Review Here</title>

And you can have something like <h1>Find My Review of This Shoes Product</h1>

And then as the guys said, use as many H2, H3, H4 as you'd like, as long as they make sense.

Another thing, use them in order. Don't put a H3 before a H2 for example.

Hope it helps :)
Hernan Vazquez

Next

Return to PPC and SEO