Forums

2016 SEO Trends for a Personal Website

Learn how to promote your business opportunity on Google with Pay-per-click and Search Engine Optimization via a LIVE discussion with top industry leaders.

Moderator: admin

2016 SEO Trends for a Personal Website

Postby Selena Johnes on Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:20 am

Hello!
Would you be so kind to give insights on the most effective SEO tactics at the moment? Maybe a good reference/resource to read on the subject?
Not really into black-hat or grey SEO, just asking for some advice to establish and sustain solid presence online for a website of my own.
Thanks a lot!
Selena Johnes
Contribution Level: 1

Re: 2016 SEO Trends for a Personal Website

Postby willie robertson on Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:30 pm

Hi Selena,

Welcome to Better Networker...

I was on a tele-seminar Monday January 18th and one of the speakers, Armand Morin, a very, very successful Marketer was talking about how to have blogging success, not sure if your question is pertaining to blogging, but he recommends the "Yoast Seo" word press plugin.

You can google it for more info... I will be checking it out and adding it to my site.

I;m sure there are other things you could do as well.
Why do some people struggle for years, while others get results and the life they signed up for… in months? Success Starts Here
willie robertson
Contribution Level: 4

Postby Selena Johnes on Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:15 am

realdealwill wrote:Hi Selena,

Welcome to Better Networker...

I was on a tele-seminar Monday January 18th and one of the speakers, Armand Morin, a very, very successful Marketer was talking about how to have blogging success, not sure if your question is pertaining to blogging, but he recommends the "Yoast Seo" word press plugin.

You can google it for more info... I will be checking it out and adding it to my site.

I;m sure there are other things you could do as well.

Hello realdealwill!

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum! Excited to be here and learn from the expertise!
The websites I usually deal with are not exactly blogs, sometimes I have to deal with online shopping solutions, but, yes, most of them are WordPress based. So I guess some of the WP related tips could be of use.
It would be great if you could add some more insights to your website to let people know about what's important at the moment...

But here's what I have to say: more and more people now are eager to have a website layout that would be responsive and viewable from any handheld/portable device. This is undoubtedly handy! But, for me as a designer who's still learning the whole science of it, this is challenging, because scaling websites for different screen resolutions is such a headache... Ah.
Maybe you could advise something on how to make the process less painstaking?
Selena Johnes

Postby lenoxvan Vandrager on Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:28 am

SEO It is a very nice trend to increasing a high ranking in search engine for making the website more user traffic-able allover it is good job for future career.
lenoxvan Vandrager

Postby Andy Corner Corner on Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:50 am

Hey Selena,

You want to learn SEO from scratch? Do you really need it?
Maybe you could get some kind of SEO Friendly theme and will go on things you really love and need?
Andy Corner Corner

Postby willie robertson on Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:40 pm

Selena Johnes wrote:
realdealwill wrote:
l.

Hello realdealwill!

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum! Excited to be here and learn from the expertise!
The websites I usually deal with are not exactly blogs, sometimes I have to deal with online shopping solutions, but, yes, most of them are WordPress based. So I guess some of the WP related tips could be of use.
It would be great if you could add some more insights to your website to let people know about what's important at the moment...

But here's what I have to say: more and more people now are eager to have a website layout that would be responsive and view able from any handheld/portable device. This is undoubtedly handy! But, for me as a designer who's still learning the whole science of it, this is challenging, because scaling websites for different screen resolutions is such a headache... Ah.
Maybe you could advise something on how to make the process less painstaking?

I agree now days with people using mobile devices more and more our website need to also be user friendly.

Most of the sites I am dealing with are WP based and are mostly of the Landing Page/Squeeze Page format. And I use plugins that make them mobile friendly.

You may try using google and/or you tube for a little more help on what you're looking for.

Good luck.
Why do some people struggle for years, while others get results and the life they signed up for… in months? Success Starts Here
willie robertson
Contribution Level: 4

Postby Selena Johnes on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:28 am

Andy Corner wrote:Hey Selena,

Maybe you could get some kind of SEO Friendly theme and will go on things you really love and need?

Hey Andy Corner!
Are you sure this is a good idea? Honestly, I've been advised to make use of such templates, but still in doubt because when I do everything myself it's like I'm in control of the situation and if I use some third-party aides, it seems a little bizarre to me. Maybe I'm old-fashioned that way :lol: So, if you're suggesting, you probably have some experience using these themes?
Selena Johnes

Postby Selena Johnes on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:29 am

Andy Corner wrote:Hey Selena,

Oh well, knowledge is never an extra nowadays... I'd like to learn some SEO techniques because I might need them for work, and yes I think this might help in my future projects. For now unfortunately I haven't got so much time on my hands to dedicate to learning, so I guess I could give a try to a ready-made solution for a current project I'm having to save up some of my free time.
Selena Johnes

Postby Selena Johnes on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:43 am

realdealwill wrote: I agree now days with people using mobile devices more and more our website need to also be user friendly.

Most of the sites I am dealing with are WP based and are mostly of the Landing Page/Squeeze Page format. And I use plugins that make them mobile friendly.

You may try using google and/or you tube for a little more help on what you're looking for.

Good luck.

Thanks for comments on the topic! The thing is that I've searched the Google and Youtube but I found different information everywhere, so I wanted an advice from gurus to verify if the information I had come across is correct ;) Anyway, I'll try to look up the information on the web...
Selena Johnes

Postby James Ruesch on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:18 am

Basic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Guide

Methods of Optimization

On-page SEO
Keywords and tags that are relevant to the subject of the site are used and placed in correct locations. Proper title and sub-headings are also highly considered and this method gives great value for rich content.

On-page SEO basically includes the following strategies:

Selecting keywords
Go for a relevant keyword phrase that is less competitive, something that doesn’t exceed 30,000 searches because it means many sites are also using the keyword and it will be difficult for you to compete with them.

Choosing proper title
Specified title for a site should not exceed 65 characters as the extra will be truncated in the results. The title should also be significant to the content of the site because inconsistency may hurt its search engine advantage.

Declaring Meta tags and Meta description

Meta description tags should not exceed 155 characters to avoid being truncated in the results.

Using header tags for heading and sub-headings (H1, H2, H3)

Including ALT Tags in images used
ALT tags actually help a lot so that search engines can recognize the images inserted in a site. They are written text that can be read by the system. Thus, apply proper ALT tags to all the images on your page.

Proper URL Structure
Name your directories and files according to the content and keywords you want the search engine to recognize. Do not use underscores, spaces, or any other characters to separate words in your URL. Instead, you can use hyphens but be sure not to overuse them for they can be read as part of a spam.
Moreover, it is recommended that your URL should not exceed 2,048 characters because Internet Explorer won't be able to load the page.

Internal Linking

High Quality Content
Your page must contain a vigorous amount of search engine-accessible text, which contains keywords related to the main subject. Consistency plays a big role for search engines to verify that a page has quality content. Thus, you need to fill your page with relevant and informative text.

Using Sitemaps

Using Robots.Txt

Off-page SEO

Off-page SEO basically includes the following strategies:

Using Social Media Platforms

Directory Submission

Social Bookmarking

RSS Submission

Link Building

And etc. etc. . . But you can start with this list. :)
James Ruesch

Next

Return to PPC and SEO