Forums

Does Pinterest do any good for organic search?

Learn how to promote your business opportunity on Google with Pay-per-click and Search Engine Optimization via a LIVE discussion with top industry leaders.

Moderator: admin

Does Pinterest do any good for organic search?

Postby Selena Johnes on Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:19 am

Hey guys!
I've searched the forum and there have been some mentions that Pinterest can be used as an SEO tool. But what I would like to get into some details, if you don't mind...
Supposedly, you have a website and the majority of its content is images (a photo gallery, per se). So what SEO tactics can be used applied to a resource similar to Pinterest to optimize for organic search?
Thanks for your answers!
Selena Johnes
Contribution Level: 1

Re: Does Pinterest do any good for organic search?

Postby Valter Tocco on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:39 am

Well a lot of people us it , and yes it has impact on SEO rankings , Pinterest is one of the most sites with the big authority and a Page Rank 9 , you if keep posting in your Pinterest account so you can establish a good account it may affect positively in your site . All posts on Pinterest will be considered as Social Signals and this is something that has been included in Google Algorithms.

Best Regards
Valter

Valter Tocco

Postby Miha Gasper on Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:33 pm

The text is still easier to rank so a detailed description would be a beneficial addition. This gives you an opportunity to rank for a wider range of longtails.

If you intend to use Pinterest to promote your images, you should know your boards will very likely rank better than your site. Pinterest has a domain authority of 100 and I know few marketers who use it as a funnel to their money sites.

I hope this helps.
Miha Gasper

Postby James Ruesch on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:00 am

Hi.

I've been doing online marketing and read several articles on how powerful Pinterest is. I thought it's only for posting interesting pins but I've seen it has this Business Type of account feature. Does anyone know the difference between using the ordinary and business type of Pinterest profile?
James Ruesch

Postby Selena Johnes on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:23 am

jamesruesch wrote: Does anyone know the difference between using the ordinary and business type of Pinterest profile?

Well, the difference I guess is in two main things:
1. A full website is linked to your account. You can verify your web address to show potential customers that you’re a real business. This requires you adding one line of code to your current website, but means that customers will be more confident that you have a real product to sell.
2. Analytics. The Pinterest analytics allow you to see who is repinning your pins, what they like most about your Pinterest account, their demographics, and what other things they are interested in. It also gives you an idea of how many impressions each pin is making per day, and how that compares to the traffic you’re seeing on your website or blog.
Selena Johnes

Postby Biztech Store on Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:17 am

Yes, you can use pinterest to promote your branding images. It's help to social & organic search.
Biztech Store

Postby Brett Lee on Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:23 am

pinterest can help you a lot if you know what are you doing!
Brett Lee

Postby Grzegorz Szymański on Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:51 am

Pinterest is suitable for business promotion if you are a photographer, graphic designer, an architect, a fashion designer or something similar . This portal can generate traffic if people operating in your industry looking images.

As for the MLM the results are rather weak because of the lower people search for valuable content, for example advice. Profile, it is worth to set up and add images from your website or blog. Certainly does not hurt .

Forgive me if I wrote something incorrectly . English is not my native language.
Grzegorz Szymański

Postby Peter Stavrou on Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:01 pm

Pinterest is very good when you know how to use it.
Gary V has an excellent guide on this in his book Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook....
One of the best books I've ever read :)
Peter Stavrou

Postby Scott UF UF on Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:00 pm

according to my experience, pinterest is good for promote images, you cant promote your website or earn organic searches
Scott UF UF
Contribution Level: 2

Return to PPC and SEO