Forums

How to find words to express myself

Learn how to recruit and sponsor with ONLY the words you write, by mastering the skill of copywriting. Top industry experts available here to show you how...

Moderator: admin

How to find words to express myself

Postby Steve Nyhof on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:23 am

As I write I find myself frustrated with finding words to express myself. I have learned so much in the last 6 months that I find myself wanting others to learn. Yet, I have months of hours spent absorbing a wealth of information. How can I in a few words express myself so that the reader will know what I am talking about.

Every word I type is surrounded with a hundred words of meaning and experience. To me, every word I type has meaning and I believe very valuable to the reader, certainly valuable to me. Yet, the reader does not know the deeper meaning behind the words or has a different meaning based on their own experience. My thoughts also produce a hundred words while I type a single sentience.

I have had many meetings where 15 minutes will pass before the light goes on in the listeners mind to what I am saying - or selling. Suddenly, meaning is brought to life.

My question is then, how do we express our thoughts in such few words when the reader is missing most of what is being said from the beginning?
Steve Nyhof
Company: CarbonCopyPRO
Contribution Level: 2

Re: How to find words to express myself

Postby Dave Kotecki on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:47 am

I read a book called "How To Get Your Point Across in 30 Seconds Or Less" a while back.
Don't remember the author.

If there is a Toastmaster's Club in your area, you might look them up.
Their meetings are for helping you to become a better speaker.
Dave Kotecki | Core Partner
Wellness, Prosperity, Lifestyle by Design
Experience the POWER Of Our Team!
DaveKoteckiPro
Facebook.com/davekoteckipro
Dave Kotecki
Company: Life Force International
Contribution Level: 5

Postby Steve Nyhof on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:34 pm

Thank you, I purchased it from Amazon
Steve Nyhof
Company: CarbonCopyPRO

Postby Juanita Waterman on Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:11 pm

You need to take what you learned break it down into bit sized pieces and make it simple! simple! simple!
That will ad value to what you learned but with out making the audience eat the whole elephant. which I do not reccommend. Create your own 30 day boot camp. Break it in to 3 3 min videos. each day. Keep it Exciting!.
Ask me about the 100% commission Recruiting Tool http://SecretIncomeNow.com
All the best
Juanita Waterman
Skype Juanita.Waterman
716 304 0277 anytime
Juanita Waterman
Company: Empower Network, LLC
Contribution Level: 9

Postby Jeff Elias on Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 pm

Sorry, but im not goint to give you an easy answer. Just think about it like this....How many words does a poet need to convey his message? Im taking a philosophy class right now and my eyes are really opening as to why the ancients were so influential. There messages still live on to this day. They are masters at painting images with words. You can read a bunch of self help books that are shallow and you might have some success. But in my opinion you should take a class on poetry to see just how creative you can be with just a few words in the right combination. It will tap in to your imagination.
Jeff Elias is An Entreprenuer in the Online MLM Industry.http://www.copywithjeff.com
Jeff Elias
Company: Magnetic Sponsoring

Postby Eric Su on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:49 am

here's what you do:

Go to amazon.com
    books category
    search for copywriting
    buy the top 10 listing of books.

especially "words that sell" by Richard Bayan. Great resource book.

Eric Su

Return to Copywriting Forum